• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

***if you were born in the 70s/80s in Singapore….***

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah. Trump Cards!!! Hehehe. All decks got "King Cards". Specs very high and sure win one! Hehehe. Remember my favorite was the aircraft carrier and WW2 fighter series. Also have the imitation versions with thick paper packing. Original one comes with plastic packing.

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha I was about to bring up the styrofoam airplanes!! :biggrin:

Other things I recall that were not mentioned yet (I think):

- Crime Watch (Chinese version on Channel 8) was always about murder cases and it made you crap your pants and afraid to take a pee at night when you were young :p

- The most-played music video on TV was Rio by Duran Duran (and you probably waited for the girl to pull the telephone cord, and Simon Lebon, into the sea)

- On random afternoons, you'd suddenly turn in to RTM1 and 2 in the hopes of catching Ultraman

- Donnie Yen's breakdancing movie

- When you wish for magic powers, you'd think of David Copperfield

- On TV, any young person who suddenly purchases a pager (the old Singapore Telecoms model) is immediately thought to be a bad guy. Similarly, anyone carrying the water bottle handphone is automatically a gangster.

- Every Saturday movie on Channel 8 10pm was good.

- Almost every HDB lift button was vandalised with UHU glue

- On the subject of lifts and glue, peeing in lifts and glue sniffing was a huge huge problem :P

- You might've also been warned to use NOTHING but 2B pencils to shade your PSLE test scripts

- Stomping on Yeo's packet drinks to make that loud pang after you've finished drinking is an essential skill. So is shooting crushed ice on your friends from your drinking straw.

- Zoo-Ed and Birdlife: loved by your school. Bookworm Club: universally-despised by teaching staff.

- You might've had a TDK cassette tape on standby to record your favourite songs on radio. Sometimes, you may just record for a random duration hoping to land something great.

- And after just discovering music, MTV's Asian Countdown, MTV's Most Wanted (both hosted by Noni) and Music Motion are the best things ever xD

paper-and-foam-glider-335.jpg

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i rem last time...got certain weekends, i used to go West coast park there to watch SAF live displays ...got airplanes, got flash bangs,pyortechnics, etc. at that time i dun noe if it is exercise or some sort of live display

anyone rem what r those? Open to public de...

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fake Cartier maroon colour long wallet and the orange colour Lucky comb with handle type. The long end of wallet and handle of comb must stick out of backpocket LOL

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;ZXcNZ1Tn23Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXcNZ1Tn23Y&feature=related[/video]

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;ZXcNZ1Tn23Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXcNZ1Tn23Y&feature=related[/video]

wow! i can clear this game without dying. still have it in my pc. can run fc emulator to play those old nintendo games. :smile:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UlOitIhl4Wg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

check this song out!!!
[h=1]安全地帯 anzen chitai[/h]