• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iceland Cuts Working Hours With No Productivity Loss, Same Pay

Unbeatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...king-hours-with-no-productivity-loss-same-pay

By
Kati Pohjanpalo
July 6, 2021, 6:21 PM GMT+8

Iceland has achieved the holy grail for working stiffs: same pay for shorter hours.

Results from two trials of reduced hours showed no productivity loss or decline in service levels, while employees reported less stress and an improved work-life balance, researchers at U.K.-based think tank Autonomy and Iceland’s Association for Sustainable Democracy said in a report.

Achieving shorter hours with sustained productivity and service levels involved rethinking how tasks were completed, according to the report. That included shortening meetings or replacing them with emails, cutting out unnecessary tasks, and rearranging shifts.

The trials, conducted from 2015 to 2019, cut hours to about 35 a week from 40 with no reduction in pay. Involving about 2,500 workers, equivalent to more than 1% of the Nordic country’s working population, results showed their “wellbeing dramatically increased,” the researchers said. Since then, 86% of Iceland’s entire working population have either moved to shorter hours or can negotiate to do so.

In Nordic peer Finland, Prime Minister Sanna Marin, 35, has suggested a four-day work week is worth looking into, saying employees deserve some of the trickle-down benefits of improved productivity. Even so, her government is currently not working on such policy.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is probably the way forward.
But i read somewhere there was a increase in productivity by decreasing working hours.
Businesses can have a continuous 7 day week by having 2x3.5 days shift. Or 4 and 3.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quite frankly I see no problem with a four-day work week. Those hardworking, siao on or desperate for money types: there's nothing stopping you from getting another job during the three-day weekend.

I still remember not too long ago, govt institutions including SAF camps eat up half of your Saturday. Is that still happening now?

Side benefit for optics in Sinkie politics: if Fridays are officially part of the weekend, Muslims can go to a mosque or have a siesta on that day without grumbling about infidel employers infringing on their religious rights etc. :wink:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I never did more than 2 hours work a day anyway. The other 6 working hours was spent at coffee and lunch breaks and walking around with a clip board pretending to look busy.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The trials, conducted from 2015 to 2019, cut hours to about 35 a week from 40 with no reduction in pay ...
tis shows dat staffs eat snake 5 hours a week ...

oso proves dat sinkie bosses who oways stay back after normal working hours r unproductif n 4 wayang oni ...

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite frankly I see no problem with a four-day work week. Those hardworking, siao on or desperate for money types: there's nothing stopping you from getting another job during the three-day weekend.

I still remember not too long ago, govt institutions including SAF camps eat up half of your Saturday. Is that still happening now?

Side benefit for optics in Sinkie politics: if Fridays are officially part of the weekend, Muslims can go to a mosque or have a siesta on that day without grumbling about infidel employers infringing on their religious rights etc. :wink:
All civil service. CC, etc.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
the french tried to make people share jobs back in the 90s,
meaning both guys work 3.5 days a week at the same job,
on paper it seemed like a dream scenario, it was a great idea for society methinks,

but after few months it failed because, guess what? nobody was willing to share his job permanently because they have mortgages to pay, retirement funds to pay, etc etc

i know because i was working as a currency trader in a french bank at the time

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its better for fay off on monfay do muslims can take extra lunch break on friday! Plus nothing beats friday night clubbing.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Working 4 days weeks is good.It will stimulate the economy. More people will come out and spend money and your economy will soar.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Working 4 days weeks is good.It will stimulate the economy. More people will come out and spend money and your economy will soar.
And it create jobs for others to fill in the 3 other days.businesses can operate 7 day week.win win.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's nothing. Loooong can go on a week's leave with no loss of productivity too. Some say a month all so no problem! :cool: