• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I need to recharge

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seems like recently have been feeling a bit lethargic. Wonder if exercise will help and what kind would be best.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hi bro qxd...yes if you havent been exercising then maybe you should include this important element in your life....but after some medical advice.

As bro tarkett says....jogging is beneficial but again start slowly.

Initially you will feel tired after you start exercising ....but it is the healthy kind of tiredness.

keep us posted bro.

Seems like recently have been feeling a bit lethargic. Wonder if exercise will help and what kind would be best.

jogging will be best n take note of carbo n sugar intake

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks to all for your replies so far.

I am also wondering if there is anything out there that will allow my tummy to feel full without having to resort to starving. I'm a huge meat lover but sometimes I wish there was something I could eat that would expand in my stomach and I won't feel hungry between meals.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
the unrefined carbs ?....brown bread...brown rice....they are heavier than the refined white stuff so you feel full for a longer period.

I am also wondering if there is anything out there that will allow my tummy to feel full without having to resort to starving. I'm a huge meat lover but sometimes I wish there was something I could eat that would expand in my stomach and I won't feel hungry between meals.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
but got to be careful where the banana fills up ....

Low GI stuff. And fill up with a banana or 2

Also check if your thyroid's playing up, if below par. Thyroid's important (often overlooked) and controls overall well-being. Fatigue, lousy metabolism are some symptoms -just need some soft hormonal replacements

[]

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi QXD,

This works for me.

Perth outside food are full of hidden sugars, reduce your added sugar intake, including artificial sugar. http://sweetpoison.com.au/

Also, take high fibre food, but not sweet fibre supplement like Metamucil.

Drink a cup of lukewarm water in the morning.

Low GI food is good, eat less rice in the evening.

Last edited:

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It would help but eating right and releasing the daily stress is more important.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good to take a break from work and go for a short holiday. We all suffer from Burnt Out Syndrome. Need to recharge the body on and off.

Exercise is important. I think you have to cut down your meat and perhaps also reduce your carbohydrates too. You can start by doing some brisk walking and then gradually build up your stamina and then go jogging.Take care.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Cardiovascular workouts (jogging, swimming, bicycle machine with increasing resistance). Start with 30 min, work up to 60 min per day. Start 3 times a week, progress to every day.

After you get fitter, experiment with interval training, Long Distance training (90 min workout), etc.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cardiovascular workouts (jogging, swimming, bicycle machine with increasing resistance). Start with 30 min, work up to 60 min per day. Start 3 times a week, progress to every day.

After you get fitter, experiment with interval training, Long Distance training (90 min workout), etc.

thank you very much:smile:...very good programme:smile:

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sound like you need a detox man.

No Junk & Oily food & Alcohol
Only drink Water, Fresh fruit Juice(Homemade), Milk, Honey water(Best is to include Lime and Lemon - Liver/Kidney)
and the most important is Exercise, You need your heart to pump fast & Hard.(If you don't like Jogging, then i suggest just jog for 10mins then do sprints, this will bring your heart rate up to max)

Best of health champ.

P.s If you are an idiot who smokes, Quit that cancer inducing stick NOW.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I must admit that I have been very slack in doing my cardio.

And by slack, I mean in terms of years! :biggrin:

After going through all the posts here, I feel that at least with all the response, I have found somewhat of a second opinion telling me what I have staring at the mirror telling myself all this while.

Yes, I have started a daily walk and slowing increasing the duration and intensity.

Plan to start cycling short distances this weekend and increase gradually.

After I establishing a good constant rate of calorie burn, will detox.

Yes, I smoke (like a friggin chimney), but funny enough, after every round of exercise, I don't seem to want to smoke but rather enjoy the fresh air for a while before the craving sets in. :wink:

Thanks to all for being that man in the mirror.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am glad everyone in this thread could help.

One thing about detox: Much of it is overhyped. If you go on a pure diet of just fruits and fruit juice for 48hrs, what you defaecate is bound to be different and may convince you that you are detoxing. I found that medically questionable.

If you exercise regularly, eat lots of fresh fruits and green leafy veges and drink plenty of plain water daily, that's enough.

After I establishing a good constant rate of calorie burn, will detox.

Yes, I smoke (like a friggin chimney), but funny enough, after every round of exercise, I don't seem to want to smoke but rather enjoy the fresh air for a while before the craving sets in. :wink:

Thanks to all for being that man in the mirror.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi QXD,

This works for me.

Perth outside food are full of hidden sugars, reduce your added sugar intake, including artificial sugar. http://sweetpoison.com.au/

Also, take high fibre food, but not sweet fibre supplement like Metamucil.

Drink a cup of lukewarm water in the morning.

Low GI food is good, eat less rice in the evening.

If you allow me, may I use my personal experience as an example, which is one of several alternatives to combine regular exercise and eating balanced meals.

In the morning, drink a cup or 2 cups of room temperature water.

About half an hour later, breakfast which comprise either a red grapefruit or an orange, oatmeal (large flakes) porridge with some cinnamon and 2% partly skimmed milk, plus an egg on alternate days. Instead of oat porridge, I may have some cereals (granola or bran flakes or shredded wheat) with 2% milk.

Then, I walk about ten minutes to the gym, run for ten to twelve minutes, followed by muscle strengthening exercises at the gym for about 40 minutes, Mon to Friday, although sometimes I work out only for 4 days, and sometimes for 6 days.

Between breakfast and lunch, I may have some yogurt and some almonds and cashews.

Lunch, if I do not eat at a restaurant, usually comprise of mixed beans salad (chick peas, navy beans, red kidney beans, romano beans) with tomato, cucumber, celery. Sometimes, salad without the beans, and a sandwich (whole wheat bread with oven roasted turkey breast, or Montreal smoked meat / beef, or sausage with mustard but never use mayonaise). Sometimes, home made soup with sandwich.
If Sunday lunch is not eaten outside (and I love to eat a variety of food at a buffet restaurant), then it is usually a salad and pizza.

After lunch, may drink a cup of coffee or tea, but only one cup of coffee a day, very rarely 2 cups of coffee. Some days, no coffee.

Between lunch and dinner, baguette with brie or some other soft cheese and a cup of coffee, and then at about 5 pm, apple or banana or pineapple or mixed berries (blue berries, raspberries, black berries) snack. A cup of water half an hour before dinner.

Dinner, usually as follows:
Monday - bbq salmon or oven baked salmon with dill, two to three spoons of steamed fragrant Thai rice, steamed broccoli and cauliflower
Tues - either skinless boneless chicken breast or bbq steak (striploin or boneless rib eye or prime rib), boiled potatoes (2 small or 1 medium), steamed green beans or asparagus or stir fry mixed vegetables
Wed - usually pasta with stir fried shrimp and vegetables is a tomato basil sauce
Thur - as in Tue, except that it could be lasagna, or lamb stew or bbq boneless skinless chicken breasts, very seldom have steak twice a week, and stirfried zucchini, mushrooms
Fri - perogies (dumplings filled with potatoes or saukraut or mushrooms), or pasta
Sat - same as Monday
Sun - either pasta or chicken or steamed fish

After dinner, evening snack could be a slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter, or eat some peanuts, or an apple.

I am in my mid 50's, never smoked tobacco, 5 ft 9 inches, 136 to 138 pounds, BMI is about 20.1, about 13% body fat (desirable range is 11 to 22%)

Last edited:

mopeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you feel lethargic everyday, it is best to see a medical doctor. There may be other accompanying symptoms you may not be aware of.