• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i need a new phone...recommedation please.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ms.. u know i am a cheapo when comes to phone.. u still recommend me so expensive one..:mad: i rather spend the money on food.. :biggrin:

Lidat... then get dis... with cont think oni 100+... A friend who formally use D810 too switch to dis... He is in the svcs industry with bery heavy phone n sms usage... No problem at all... Bery slim music phone with not much func but not much problems too...:biggrin::biggrin:

nokia-5310-xpressmusic-official.jpg

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
ms...but i want something different this time lay... maybe got GPS, stylo milo abit... :biggrin: :biggrin:

He is in the svcs industry with bery heavy phone n sms usage... No problem at all... Bery slim music phone with not much func but not much problems too...:biggrin::biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ms...but i want something different this time lay... maybe got GPS, stylo milo abit... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Butt...butt...butt... gps phone usually dun cum chip wor...:biggrin::biggrin:

HTC new model i dunno... My D810 cum with GPS function but not the SW... Still mus pay $100 for Mapking leh... Mapking no block no. display... so in the end use the free map sw frm street directory... 6 jus like hardcopy street directory complete with blok no.... w/o gps function... Goot enuff to find my way to all Acer lobang leow...:biggrin::biggrin:

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
are HTC phones any good???

HTC sux.

i got 1 and suddenly the screen cannot turn on 1 day, but i can still answer phone and sync. send down for servicing charge me $42 for checking, $150 for screen and extra $50 for import set so i did not want to do it.

friend told me can order the screen myself oversea which cost only US$30 and DIY myself. so i open and take a look before making the order and realize just the connection to the motherboard is loose.

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have good experience with other model so my prefered model is Nokia. :biggrin:

Here are some of my suggestions.

Based on Singtelshop search and filter function, here is the closest match.

Nokia N78
$238 with 2 yr plan
- Bluetooth
- Camera
- Expandabe memory
- Support Chinese
- WiFi
- HSDPA (3G)
- FM Radio

Nokia E71
$348 with 2 yr plan
- Bluetooth
- Camera
- Expandabe memory
- WiFi
- HSDPA (3G)
- FM Radio

Nokia N81
$198 with 2 yr plan
- Bluetooth
- Camera
- Expandabe memory
- Support Chinese
- WiFi
- FM Radio

Mr_Practical

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any phone expert here.. i am changing my mobile phone..and is looking at either LG Ku 990 or the Iphone.....

I have always had phones with very basic features... but would like one which offers me something different this time.. if got GPS even better..:biggrin:

Any other recommendation besides the LGku990 and iphone? budget below $400... and that will be my most expensive phone to date.... . if no need cash even better...:biggrin: :biggrin:

Nokia 8310.. drop so many times but very sturdy, no problems at all and cost only $50 in Lor 10.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wait for iphone 4S,

gadget wise always go for lastest if not will turn obsolete very soon.

cheers!

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm still using my Nokia 8800, Like what Sam said, if it ain't broken don't have to replace it. I might even get the same model once this is beyond repair.

Try DX, you get a lot of cheap phones for under $100 there.

nokia-8800-combo.jpg

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm still using my Nokia 8800, Like what Sam said, if it ain't broken don't have to replace it. I might even get the same model once this is beyond repair.

Try DX, you get a lot of cheap phones for under $100 there.

View attachment 2526

all my phone is zero dollar. i only change when the contract is up when they offer me new phone for free.

Recently upgrade my plan and got a smart phone for free. My mindset about phone changed, being able to read news on train etc was such a joy.