• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I hope Holland win the World Cup

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holland is a team that has always underperformed in World Cup Finals. I hope they win the World Cup in South Africa. They play attacking football and have so many flamboyant players.

I rate Holland the most talented team in any World Cup. Rooney and Co can go fuck spider !

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i m rooting for argentina...

Holland is a team that has always underperformed in World Cup Finals. I hope they win the World Cup in South Africa. They play attacking football and have so many flamboyant players.

I rate Holland the most talented team in any World Cup. Rooney and Co can go fuck spider !

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Holland can't win WC because any team who play Dirk Kuyt in the starting eleven with Ryan Babel coming on as a supersub is not going to win anything.

I as a Liverpool fan have seen enough of those two impotentness over the years.

dirk_kuyt_liverpool_203748a.jpg
_44259511_babel_getty.jpg

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Possible,Holland...@ 7.50 :wink:

http://www.singaporepools.com.sg/en/sports/football_byleague_odds.html

COMPETITION NO: 0701 - WORLD CUP
End of Tournament: 12/07/2010

01 SPAIN 4.50 17 URUGUAY 80.00
02 BRAZIL 4.50 18 DENMARK 100.00
03 ENGLAND 8.00 19 MEXICO 75.00
04 ARGENTINA 5.50 20 CAMEROON 85.00
05 ITALY 16.00 21 SOUTH AFRICA 50.00
06 GERMANY 8.50 22 GREECE 35.00
07 HOLLAND 7.50 23 AUSTRALIA 250.00
08 FRANCE 20.00 24 SWITZERLAND 300.00
09 IVORY COAST 40.00 25 SLOVAKIA 200.00
10 PORTUGAL 20.00 26 SLOVENIA 300.00
11 CHILE 80.00 27 JAPAN 500.00
12 PARAGUAY 50.00 28 KOREA REPUBLIC 200.00
13 GHANA 100.00 29 ALGERIA 500.00
14 SERBIA 75.00 30 HONDURAS 500.00
15 USA 75.00 31 KOREA DPR 500.00
16 NIGERIA 75.00 32 NEW ZEALAND 500.00

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Betting on Holland to win the World Cup is like buying Minibonds from Lehman Brothers for retirement savings for those who remember 1974. 弹你去荷兰。

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What happened in 1974 ? Cruyff turned Durai ?

Yeah, very good Holland. Won all 6 games all the way to the Final, including 2:0 over Brazil and 4:0 over Argentina. The whole world betted on Holland with their bank balances, pensions and mortgages.

Final versus West Germany. Johan Cryuff 1st minute dribble past entire German team better than Diego Maradona against England team in 1986. But unlike Maradona, he was tripped in the box and got a penalty instead of finishing off directly. The penalty was scored by John Neeskens if I recall correctly. 1:0 Holland leading. 1st minute.

Then the unthinkable happened. The Total Football of Holland became monkey-catch-the-ball training. They passed the ball among themselves just waiting for the Germans to come get it. Of course the Germans would go get it. One ended in penalty, Paul Breitner converted, and one ended in a mess around the penalty box where Gerd Muller (who else?) stuck his foot out and aimed the ball into the net.

Second half, Germany leading 2:1. More unthinkable happened. Holland played as if they were leading 2:1. When leading and not threatened, Germany simply played out the time and collect the World Cup. Johan Cryuff gave all sorts of excuses, terrorist threatening kidnapping, Argentina military government, so as not to play in World Cup 1978.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DsnK_4IWBWc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DsnK_4IWBWc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgot about Der Kaiser Beckenbauer.
IIRC, this was the first ever colour TV broadcast in Singapore - went over to my uncle's place to watch it

S

Sakon Shima

01.jpg

Holland's Arjen Robben was initially ruled out of the Oranjes' World Cup campaign with a thigh injury,
but is now slated to just miss the opening match with Denmark instead. -- PHOTO: AFP

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gerd Muller didn't just stick his foot out. He made an enormous effort to turn and shoot.

John is Johann, so okay.

A- for your narration.:oIo:
OK, fair enough. My narration for Gerd Muller not good enough, your version more more accurate. Yes, the turn was a world class turn. Oh, Neeskens, sorry for the typo. I missed the "a". Anyway, A- I'm happy. No need :oIo: :biggrin:.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope so too. I have put in $100 for a Holland win.

Consider your $100 as donated to charity. The modern game now is controlled by the betting syndicates. The last World Cup was an excellent example of Argentina throwing away the game to SAVE the family of their manager. :mad:

You wanna make some money on this World Cup....... better develop some guanxi with your bookie. :p