• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have mixed feelings about LKY!

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night I had a conversation with my wife. She said LKY is not bad after all, since majority of Singaporeans have a HDB flat to live in. Some even better, lived in condos or private apartments. Most have jobs and have families. That brought me into thinking.

Well indeed compared with other developing countries, Singaporeans have it all, house, job and maybe cars. But why are Singaporeans complaining? We should be thankful for God's blessings on our country. Compared to Mao ZeDong, he's a nicer guy after all. At least he didn't screw up substantial portion of our population. Surely we can give some credits to him?

But then I keep on thinking, man this guy did all these so to benefit himself. his family and friends even more too. And he used suppressive methods to disable anyone who opposes him. He also monopolised many industries in SGP, so entrepreneurship is harder to flourish because of heavy liabilities to the state enterprises.

I donno maybe I aspire my country to be along side with the 1st tiers countries. Anything lesser is unacceptable to me, because of the values instilled into me during my growth with the country. Freedom of speech and democracy is also very important to me, now I am not hungry. Furthermore I don't want my children to live in an atmosphere of stress and fear.

So, I really have a mixed feelings about the Old Man.

Somewhat like eating a kiam sung tee like that kinda of feelings..

What about you? How do you feel about the old man?

No feelings for any old man but am concerned about your wife. Tell your wife, that credit for Singapore sucess!! is not due to any old man or woman, but! Singaporeans having a high threshold for pain. They voted for the government they love and still love the Government they voted for.

Even Goh, a million dollar minister, said that Singaporeans are a happy lot because no one is protesting!!

If our million dollar ministers think they are so special, why not try to replicate what they did in Singapore, in other countries? They could Franchise! the Singapore success, to other third world countries, instead of constantly reminding us about those countries.

From the way you described your wife, I believe she is the best person for this job.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah, one of the most excellent men of Asia, together with Dr. M (though both leaders are understandably political opponents with two very different standpoints).

I should think that personally he has few close friends, because most are likely very afraid of offending him and incurring his wrath, especially in his face. But well, maybe few is all he needs. And maybe there are actually a couple of personages known or unknown to the general public he has high regard for and even more willingly embrace their advice and criticisms. Or he may look unrelenting politically on the outside, but privately he is a soft-spoken family-oriented man?

Now I know this may cause some heated argument here, but a one-party rule over a long period of time is the best if not also the only way to achieve great things if not get round to them at all. Both Mr. LKY and Dr. M arrived to similar conclusions regarding political and thus economic and social stability and the consistency in delivering the desired outcomes and results for the people. Imagine a country that is ruled by a different party every few years - what can really be done? Would long-term investors be keen in a country that is in such a varied situation? So this I somewhat agree.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
I donno maybe I aspire my country to be along side with the 1st tiers countries. Anything lesser is unacceptable to me, because of the values instilled into me during my growth with the country. Freedom of speech and democracy is also very important to me, now I am not hungry. Furthermore I don't want my children to live in an atmosphere of stress and fear.

So, I really have a mixed feelings about the Old Man.

Somewhat like eating a kiam sung tee like that kinda of feelings..

Anyhow Singapore is the most developed and advanced country in Southeast Asia, so what more do you really want?

Also Singapore is a small self-governing country. If demonstrations and strikes take place frequently (some of the demonstrators have unreasonable demands too sometimes mind you) would foreign companies and investors been keen in your country? And would it grow? Think about it.

And if you aren't studying political science and talk like a ruffian like that somebody I heard then what is there to worry about? What you want to do with yourself and your children, are totally your own concerns.

It is about your priorities actually, what you want out of life. If you want even more freedom at the expense of greater racism, higher crime rate, the presence of natural calamities and more complicated social problems like in some first-world Western countries then pack your bags and go. This is not about being fed now.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disliked LKY for destroying / suppressing chinese culture in the 1960s till now. I can't care what's his reasons for doing this / his past achievements.

He has insulted all chinese in singapore by destroying chinese culture.

It is because at that time China was weak and useless. More importantly, China embraced Communism that is shunned by most of the rest of the world. Also, many Chinese at that time were loyal to China, nothing wrong with that, but they were also in strong, blind agreement with whatever China chose as its political system, and that includes communism.

So China has to be blamed for creating such a negative international image of itself from that time. This is also why many of you Chinese, especially those who are more cosmopolitan, are ashamed of your own language, culture, and religion, and embrace Western and even Japanese ones.

Same reason as to why those American Chinese are most proud of their American passports and their status as Americans.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
simple.. it is because we are allow to do that...

if LKY has not crash the communist then, we would not have the $$$ and the freedom to do that...

can you explain why grassroots leaders prefer to send their children overseas?

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
sources please???

as far as i am aware...LKY has always give due credit to people who deserved it... esp GKW and TCC.

LKY did nothing for Singapore. He claimed the credit due to much more worthy people like Goh Keng Swee and Singaporeans themselves.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You fucking no-more-cure fucktard! Japan and Korea all the fucking while has their own fucking language. S'pore don't have its own fucking language (except for the fucking Singlish) all the while. So what fucking shit you want? Why you so fucking against English language in S'pore? You fucking failed your fucking English during pre-school?!

YOU FUCKING STUPID OR WHAT?? What does Singapore population constitute of?? CHINESE, MALAY, INDIAN, AND OTHERS. ALL THE RACES HERE HAVE THEIR LANGUAGE AND CULTURE.

BUT IF U GONNA PRODUCE A FUCKING RACE OUT OF THIN AIR, SUCH AS RACE SINGAPOREAN, OF COURSE THERE'S NO ONE LANGUAGE OF IT U DUMB FUCK!

That is the problem of the PAP. It wanna uproot the cultural roots of the races here, and FORCE A NEW RACE SINGAPOREAN. WHICH IS FUCKING UNWISE.

PAP should keep its eye on the ball: MULTIRACIAL SOCIETY, A MULTIRACIAL COUNTRY.

Instead of one fabricated Westernized, colonized (Western cultural colonization) people, the PAP should strive to make this country STAY TRUE TO ITS ASIAN ROOTS AND MULTIRACIAL SOCIETY.

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You fucking fucktard king! WTF?! Smile at ang moh people also cannot?! Be friendly to people also cannot?! Maintain friendly rapport and relationship also cannot?! Then WTF you want? See any fucking non-chinese and humtum them upside down and turn the country into chaos then you happy?!

Smile at ang moh no problem, ITS SMILE AT ANG MOH IN AWE LIKE THE COOLIE DURING COLONIAL ERA, THATS THE FUCKIKNG PROBLEM! NO FUCKING SELF RESPECT!

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
sources please???

as far as i am aware...LKY has always give due credit to people who deserved it... esp GKW and TCC.

You fucking PAP balls licker retard.

You only aware that LKY kept you by paying you with money he sucked from us.

So you can come here with your pseudo rubbish pretending to be neutral.

You can just fuck off and go to France to take cooking lessons.

Pastors_of_CHC_Sucks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly! Even your jiu hoo friend knows! If not for our LKY, we are all now still wearing sarong feeding chicken and ducks, get bitten by mosquitoes, robbed by those fucking mats, all your mother/wife/girlfriend/sisters/daughters all kena rape in there. These motherfucking people everytime fucking kpkb never use their fucking brain to think!

this i have to agree. m'sia has not been improving over the yrs, we are really lucky nvr kena rule by the mats.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night I had a conversation with my wife. She said LKY is not bad after all, since majority of Singaporeans have a HDB flat to live in. Some even better, lived in condos or private apartments. Most have jobs and have families. That brought me into thinking.

Well indeed compared with other developing countries, Singaporeans have it all, house, job and maybe cars. But why are Singaporeans complaining? We should be thankful for God's blessings on our country. Compared to Mao ZeDong, he's a nicer guy after all. At least he didn't screw up substantial portion of our population. Surely we can give some credits to him?

But then I keep on thinking, man this guy did all these so to benefit himself. his family and friends even more too. And he used suppressive methods to disable anyone who opposes him. He also monopolised many industries in SGP, so entrepreneurship is harder to flourish because of heavy liabilities to the state enterprises.

I...

Those are not LKY policies. Those are policies of the really good people who have stepped now aside, pissed off that LKY has taken all their credits.

LKY then was a spoilt ruffian who speak excellent English, must have good car, air-con office, during those days when these things were luxury.

How I know/

One of my father's friend is LKY peer. He told me the truth which no one dare. He know the truth about events such as the rigging of the Anson by-election and the closed conferences that kept the press out.

When LKY acts, he is no difference from a dictator.

Will history tell us the truth? No idea. But is Singapore in a directionless deep shit - Yes. Just that the people do not know it yet.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this i have to agree. m'sia has not been improving over the yrs, we are really lucky nvr kena rule by the mats.

why don't u look at Switzerland instead? its a multi racial country, they don't have lopsided language policies, over emphasis on one language. did they become backwater country? no they are an advanced country.

the each and every ethnicity in a multi racial country over there, proud of their language and culture, that doesn't bring chaos which the PAP apologist suggest. bi-language policy doesn't make the country backslide.

singapore should honestly face its multi racial roots, and its asian roots, instead of pretending to be one people, one westernized people. we are not. we are a multi racial society, a asian society, so why pretend to be otherwise??

yes we have second language in our education curriculum, but Singapore govt didn't take bi lingual education policy seriously. its just some kind of a front. a showcase. but its not for real the bilingual education policy here. for example, the chinese language standard in this country is FUCKING LOW. did the govt do something about it? no, it keep on lower the chinese language standard in the education system.

and thats not respecting multiracial, honoring multiracial society here. thats trying to move this country to a unilateral WESTERNIZED country, sidelining the asian langauge and culture here, sidelining the multiracial, multicultural aspect of this country.

Last edited:

Pastors_of_CHC_Sucks

Alfrescian
Loyal
why don't u look at Switzerland instead? its a multi racial country, they don't have lopsided language policies, over emphasis on one language. did they become backwater country? no they are an advanced country.

the each and every ethnicity in a multi racial country over there, proud of their language and culture, that doesn't bring chaos which the PAP apologist suggest. bi-language policy doesn't make the country backslide.

singapore should honestly face its multi racial roots, and its asian roots, instead of pretending to be one people, one westernized people. we are not. we are a multi racial society, a asian society, so why pretend to be otherwise??

yes we have second language in our education curriculum, but Singapore govt didn't take bi lingual education policy seriously. its just some kind of a front. a showcase. but its not for real the bilingual education policy here. for example, the chinese language standard in this country is FUCKING LOW.

bo liao, who cares abt 1 sided language as long everyone understand that language can already.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
No doubt he is a man of legend and creator, but he build it and destroy it! Whats the point of having a big house and not happy staying in it.

What exactly did he destroy? Would the British colonialists or that dubious Chee who wrote a hypocritical book about "being cheated" real better alternatives to take charge of the country?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
If everyday read english language, what kind of poetry one would most likely to read? tang poetry or english poetry?

if we (Singaporeans) use english language extensively, of course our mindset, we would align our mindset more towards the like of the westerner. so what about our asian cultural heritage, our asian culture, philosophies, beliefs? all flush down the tube?

Pastors_of_CHC_Sucks

Alfrescian
Loyal
because language and culture is intertwined.

if u everyday read english, which set of philosophy would u most likely to be reading? plato or lao tze?

wah lan eh u sibeh bo liao leh, all use 1 international language everyone understand can already still want make things so complicated for what? if u dont like angmoh then type Chinese in all ur post lah.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah lan eh u sibeh bo liao leh, all use 1 international language everyone understand can already still want make things so complicated for what? if u dont like angmoh then type Chinese in all ur post lah.

gnn. this one is ang moh forum of course i type ang moh here lah!

why borliao? if cultural meme is borliao, then chinese go pay respect to their ancestors during qing ming for fuck?

everyone one use one language, use what international language? like i said, language is link to culture. if we all use ang moh language, we asian are just throwing away our cultural, racial identity.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you feel that strongly about this issue, you could immigrate to China. LKY is not stopping you.

Or you can also tell him to emigrate to that rubbish renegade province called Taiwan too, a consolation prize if the top prize alternative China is out of his abilities to reach.

But because more than 50% of the people there are riotous ingrates who advocate taiwanese independence (even their founder Generalissimo Chiang Kai Sek was NEVER treasonous enough to utter those two dirty, vulgar words), then he should expect more military exercises on their coasts from the Chinese Army every now and then, before the attack.

It all depends on the people's attitude over there, it's up to them.