• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have been a member of City Harvest Church for 20 years

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jun 4, 2010

A church member

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
'There is more to it than just a pop culture image.'
MADAM KOH CHIN CHIN: 'I refer to the report, 'Not quite an ordinary church' (June 2). I have been a member of City Harvest Church for 20 years and there is more to it than just a pop culture image. The same message of faith is still being preached, community work is still being done and lives are still being touched. The report stated that the recent Asia Conference was peppered with beauty pageants and talent competitions. These were organised to add fun to the main events, which were the preaching sessions and sharing from the Bible.'

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jun 4, 2010

A church member

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
MADAM KOH CHIN CHIN: 'I refer to the report, 'Not quite an ordinary church' (June 2). I have been a member of City Harvest Church for 20 years and there is more to it than just a pop culture image. The same message of faith is still being preached, community work is still being done and lives are still being touched. The report stated that the recent Asia Conference was peppered with beauty pageants and talent competitions. These were organised to add fun to the main events, which were the preaching sessions and sharing from the Bible.'

Chin Chin...never read the bible..she went for fun & games in the house of God..

Mark 11:15-19 (NASB)

15Then they came to Jerusalem. And He entered the temple and began to drive out those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves;

16and He would not permit anyone to carry merchandise through the temple.

17And He began to teach and say to them, "Is it not written, MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER FOR ALL THE NATIONS'? But you have made it a ROBBERS' DEN."

18The chief priests and the scribes heard this, and began seeking how to destroy Him; for they were afraid of Him, for the whole crowd was astonished at His teaching.

19When evening came, they would go out of the city.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER FOR ALL THE NATIONS'? But you have made it a ROBBERS' DEN."

The house of prayer had been converted to a house of entertainment...
of course miracles can be done, even by the devil..

Exodus 7:17-22 (NASB)
17'Thus says the LORD, "By this you shall know that I am the LORD: behold, I will strike the water that is in the Nile with the staff that is in my hand, and it will be turned to blood.

18"The fish that are in the Nile will die, and the Nile will become foul, and the Egyptians will find difficulty in drinking water from the Nile."'"

19Then the LORD said to Moses, "Say to Aaron, 'Take your staff and stretch out your hand over the waters of Egypt, over their rivers, over their streams, and over their pools, and over all their reservoirs of water, that they may become blood; and there will be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood and in vessels of stone.'"

20So Moses and Aaron did even as the LORD had commanded. And he lifted up the staff and struck the water that was in the Nile, in the sight of Pharaoh and in the sight of his servants, and all the water that was in the Nile was turned to blood.

21The fish that were in the Nile died, and the Nile became foul, so that the Egyptians could not drink water from the Nile. And the blood was through all the land of Egypt.

22 But the magicians of Egypt did the same with their secret arts; and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he did not listen to them, as the LORD had said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this Christian Chin Chin, test the spirit?..maybe she thinks spirit means the bubbly she corks after service at the nearest 'watering hole'?:p

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know how to read the bible or not?

Anyhow quote from the passage!

Do you know the BIBLE..this is not an any old how quotation!..or you just read the parts that make you feel good...

Not only God can perform miracles...in Exodus, the shaman could match what Mosses did...only one thing they ca not do is...create or destroy a life...you can be influenced to take yours...

The clearing of the temple is one of the teachings we know from the Gospels....any bona fide Bible reading, studying Christian will know this passage...

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know how to quote the bible..... But if CHC is willing to invite Sun Ho back to perform her Billbored No 1 hit 'China Wine', I will gladly go for their service.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GgxsfODXrI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GgxsfODXrI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

lauhumku

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya right! :biggrin:

5515380c853e8c18a0837118bec2dfa8e18cb55.jpg