• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Am Sorry TCB

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point I make is that the MIW can set a trap and TJS has shown that he can walk straight into it.

And I make my point again (go search my posts), I like TJS but I don't like his lousy supporters who are making his campaign look negative and ugly.

It's not about dare or not. The absurdity of your question has already been discussed. Any objective person will know that answering your question is futile.

Also, by asking such a question, you and NOT the MIW are trying to set a trap. You are trying to put words into TJS's mouth via yellowarse about a hypothetical (and naive) 400k salary scenario that is unlikely to occur.

And contrary to your post, TJS did not fall into any imaginary trap. He has never said he wants EXACTLY 500k or he will walk. Even in the highly unlikely scenario where the committee sets the salary at below 500k, there is no dilemma for TJS.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Either TKL or TCB is a mole

Like all doctors, TCB is "too clever" for his own good. He realised TT is sabotaging his own campaign so he presents himself as a "credible alternative" to the PAP supporters... in doing so he pobably lost all his opposition supporters... this is good for TJS. Now TJS is rising in prominence while TKL is losing his initial glow. Looks like there is hope for TJS afterall. The last i checked with colleagues, many who previously supported TCB are turning to TJS.

Let me tell you, frankly ... Last time, I suspect either TKL or TCB is a mole trying to split the votes going to TJS. It seems like JS is not doing too well at the CNA's debate. Now, TT is already eyeing to sabotage WP's Aljunied case. You can see very well BUT not the old folks and those silly 'examiners'. I hope this category have morphed to something else by now - hopefully an anti-fascist.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like TJS but I don't like his lousy supporters who are making his campaign look negative and ugly.

I on the other hand am not particularly fond of the man, and agree with your observation regarding his supporters. Makes him look like Cthulhu awakened.

220px-Cthulhu_and_R'lyeh.jpg

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember I read somewhere that TCB's flyer came dropping into letterboxes of residents on the same day as nomination day, with a can of coca cola.

Can anyone confirm ?

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Either TKL or TCB is a mole

Let me tell you, frankly ... Last time, I suspect either TKL or TCB is a mole trying to split the votes going to TJS. It seems like JS is not doing too well at the CNA's debate.

like that.. TJS can be a mole too. with SDP, he wanted to be MP. now he wants to be president

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

Let me tell you, frankly ... Last time, I suspect either TKL or TCB is a mole trying to split the votes going to TJS. It seems like JS is not doing too well at the CNA's debate. Now, TT is already eyeing to sabotage WP's Aljunied case. You can see very well BUT not the old folks and those silly 'examiners'. I hope this category have morphed to something else by now - hopefully an anti-fascist.

How can TKL and TCB be moles when both decided to contest before TJS?

matchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to inform you I have decided to cast my vote for TJS as these past 2 days I hear comments from you that truly disappointed me.

- Firstly, you said you agree that the the Marxist Conspiracy was guilty. Any fool can see that it was not so.

- Secondly you said SR Nathan did a lot of work.

- Thirdly you did not voiced an opinion that the EP's salary is too high.

- Lastly you as a doctor is agreeable that the death penalty should stay.

In conclusion, I am aghast to discover that all along you were not the man I thought you were. TJS has my vote despite having a combative attitude. Hopefully he will tone down and be more subdued. Despite this he does not seemed to be a man who will compromised his ideals, which I think you do if it suits you.

i like the last sentence~~~

samuel_1991

Alfrescian
Loyal

How can TKL and TCB be moles when both decided to contest before TJS?

TCB is a mole dilute TKL's votes since he only officially stand up after PE. While TKL did consider to run PE back in 2008 with PETITION etc. How can TKL so early confirm as he don't want to be second Andrew Kuan.

That time it is more like Nathan VS TKL or another walkover but seemed like later things turned out TJS come out and double pwned TKL.

jw5

Loyal

TCB is a mole dilute TKL's votes since he only officially stand up after PE. While TKL did consider to run PE back in 2008 with PETITION etc. How can TKL so early confirm as he don't want to be second Andrew Kuan.

How can TCB and TKL be moles when they decided to contest before TJS?
Similarly, how can TCB be a mole when he decided to contest before TKL?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sad to inform you I have decided to cast my vote for TJS as these past 2 days I hear comments from you that truly disappointed me.

- Firstly, you said you agree that the the Marxist Conspiracy was guilty. Any fool can see that it was not so.

- Secondly you said SR Nathan did a lot of work.

- Thirdly you did not voiced an opinion that the EP's salary is too high.

- Lastly you as a doctor is agreeable that the death penalty should stay.

In conclusion, I am aghast to discover that all along you were not the man I thought you were. TJS has my vote despite having a combative attitude. Hopefully he will tone down and be more subdued. Despite this he does not seemed to be a man who will compromised his ideals, which I think you do if it suits you.

Alex Au of Yawning Bread has written exactly what my thoughts were, and he had also come to the same conclusion. Tan Cheng Bock has, as polling day draws nearer, revealed his true colours. Let me just put forward the points made by Alex Au and you can draw your own conclusion.

"Actually, the more I know about Tan Cheng Bock, the less I want to vote for him. Pealing away his gentle, avuncular demeanour, I find a troubling hole I cannot fathom. I cannot find an answer to a fundamental question: What does the man stand for?
I have no doubt he has compassion for the common people; I have no doubt that he is more in touch with the average Joe and Jill than the other leading PAP-associated candidate. This easy familiarity probably made him a fine constituency MP. In this presidential campaign however, there is an uncomfortable disconnection among the various ideas he has expressed, as if there is no overarching political philosophy.
Worse than that, in certain specifics, he has said things that I cannot agree with. To a question about the death penalty, he defended it and even gave me the impression he’d like to see more of it. To a question about detention without trial, he appears to have a mental block against revisiting past cases or reexamining the whole issue from a fairness and human rights point of view."

And another part Alex wrote:

"Even Straits Times reporters have noted that Cheng Bock is hardest to read. Reporter Elgin Toh, for example, has written that of all the candidates, his position has shifted the most in the course of the campaign. He started off prior to Nomination Day declaring that he would not be a caged president:
‘Many of you all think that the president is so caged that he can’t do any damn thing. No, he’s not,’ he declared, with a gusto that led many to assume he was in favour of an activist presidency.
But as the campaign progressed, it emerged that Dr Tan’s stance was a moderate one, even though he has said he would speak out freely if there were corruption on the part of the Government."

Why did Tan Cheng Bock change his stance as this will definitely kill his chances of winning?

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB changed his stance because he believes he can win more votes from PAP supporters than the votes he lose to Opposition supporters... we shall see

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB changed his stance because he believes he can win more votes from PAP supporters than the votes he lose to Opposition supporters... we shall see

In shifting his stance every now and then, TCB shows he lacks integrity and cannot be trusted. He will prove to be feckless when push comes to shove.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

If JS shoots himself in the foot as EP, all it takes is one man to fuck up the opposition for GE2016.

I am now still undecided who to vote for:(

How can TCB and TKL be moles when they decided to contest before TJS?
Similarly, how can TCB be a mole when he decided to contest before TKL?

jujim

Alfrescian
Loyal
In shifting his stance every now and then, TCB shows he lacks integrity and cannot be trusted. He will prove to be feckless when push comes to shove.

I believe he is just being himself. The way he campaigned, as he said, he is an "open book". You know his position and his message. Believe his message, you vote for him. If you want him to do thing which he does not believe in, he asked you to vote for the other person, an example, pledging salary.

I think he has been consistent throughout this campaigning. It is "some" who want him to be someone like TJS whom he is not and he is not going to act as one just to get those votes. He is who he is.

I sincerely think he believes he is being sincerely in this approach. 100% 正人君子.

Whether that will win him this PE2011, we will know tomorrow night.

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB & TT are both puppets set up by the old heck. Both have their balls tied up by the old heck and what can these two puppets do? nothing except to nod their head just like the previous roti prata man. If singapore truly wants a independent President, then the only obvious choice is TJS. I wouldn't mind TKL too but TJS is the one to vote and has the president calibre. My vote goes to TJS. :biggrin: