• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am 28 years old. Am I young, middle age, or old? What is your SG dream?

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am 28 years old. Do you think I am young, middle age, or old?

It is quite scary really to think that half of life is already gone. I have undergrad and postgrad degrees, and yet, I can't even imagine buying a flat in Singapore. The worse thing is I make rather decent money, but I have no intention of getting married, and don't see how I can afford the downpayment for a Condo.

Nothing in Singapore motivates me really. What is your Singapore dream?

Before long, I would be just another old man with half his hair gone, leaking urine, trembling hands....:eek:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The worse thing is I make rather decent money, but I have no intention of getting married

Good choice. Well done.

I'm only a tad older than you.

Observe the unmarried women around you who reach 30 years of age. They tend to get anxious, frustrated, depressed, or a combination of those emotions. Men typically do not have such a problem.

Also, with proper diet and regular exercise, you can look young well into your 40s and beyond. No need for SK-II and all that makeup bullshit.

Balance your life with achieving something (may not necessarily be related to making tons of money) or enriching the intangible aspects of it (volunteering, travelling etc).

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Young or old is a relative concept - relative to your achievements, to be more precise.

A 40-year old man taking public transport to work is considered middle age or old. Another 40-year old man who becomes President of US or Prime Minister of Britain is considered young.

A 28-year old man still living off his parents is considered old. Another 28-year old man who runs a public listed company is considered very young.

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good choice. Well done.

I'm only a tad older than you.

Observe the unmarried women around you who reach 30 years of age. They tend to get anxious, frustrated, depressed, or a combination of those emotions. Men typically do not have such a problem.

Also, with proper diet and regular exercise, you can look young well into your 40s and beyond. No need for SK-II and all that makeup bullshit.

Balance your life with achieving something (may not necessarily be related to making tons of money) or enriching the intangible aspects of it (volunteering, travelling etc).

I don't really have any interest in volunteering or traveling. And I don't believe in marriage. Though I will probably get married when I am around 45-55, not because I believe in ever-lasting love, but because I would probably want to have children before I die.

Women by nature are a lot more emotional and insecure than man. That is why us men rule the world.

Young or old is a relative concept - relative to your achievements, to be more precise.

A 40-year old man taking public transport to work is considered middle age or old. Another 40-year old man who becomes President of US or Prime Minister of Britain is considered young.

A 28-year old man still living off his parents is considered old. Another 28-year old man who runs a public listed company is considered very young.

I think most people in my generation make more money and have better lives than those who are 40 and above. This is due to better education. While there are many successful young people around my age 25-40, many of them are not at the helms of big companies or governments.

It is easy for me to make 3k-6k, and to be in lower to middle management, but anything more than that, it is hard. There is a glass ceiling. So many strike out on their own.

Society seems to think that you need to be 40-55, have a degree or two and have decades of experience to run big listed companies. And then around 55-65, you suddenly become too old and are chucked out the door.

In fact, looking at how many people die of heart attack/stroke even before they are 50, it is quite sad that society is so ageist towards the young. I would love to see more leaders in their late 20s and 30s. David Cameron I believe is 42. William Pitt the younger was Prime Minister of the UK at 25, and he was the UK's best Prime Minister. Lee Kuan Yew became Prime Minister at 36 I believe.

Frankly, I find it retarded to have old men who are balding, barely able to stay alive, and still leading companies and governments. Even if you are in good health, I think 55-60 is the maximum one can go. Beyond that, the human brain and body just has lost too much of its power.

Last edited:

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am 82yo and one leg in the coffin. :eek:

If you are 82, I doubt you can learn how to use the computer. You know what they say about old dogs....

And if you are 82, I think you have both legs in the coffin, not just one...haha just joking.

FYI, in SG <5k is low-income group.

I guess I am in the low-income group then. But when I look around me and see all these old people who work for 1-2k their whole life, or the poly grads making 2k, I guess they are called the peasants? Or garbage-income group?:biggrin:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
books are just books, what is important for survival is life experience and things that you pick up from the streets.:o

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
books are just books, what is important for survival is life experience and things that you pick up from the streets.:o

I have always asserted that that is true. Sadly the world seems to hire people base on paper qualifications. I just don't understand why they don't hire taxi drivers to be lawyers or engineers.

Just look at the ITE kids, hawkers or taxi drivers, they spend all the time on the streets and they are all surviving so well! Behind bars or in their imaginary worlds that is!

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have always asserted that that is true. Sadly the world seems to hire people base on paper qualifications. I just don't understand why they don't hire taxi drivers to be lawyers or engineers.

Just look at the ITE kids, hawkers or taxi drivers, they spend all the time on the streets and they are all surviving so well! Behind bars or in their imaginary worlds that is!

oi u sensitive a bit can a not, hotbot is a ex-engineer forced to be a taxi driver. you do this on purpose one right

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oi u sensitive a bit can a not, hotbot is a ex-engineer forced to be a taxi driver. you do this on purpose one right

Son, your uncle Hotbot engineered the Nicoll Highway Circle Line construction site collapse 2004.

Last edited:

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Son, your uncle Hotbot engineered the Nicoll Highway Circle Line construction site collapse 2004.

Old man, I have some spare diapers for you in the storeroom in case you leak urine again. Please don't post rubbish, or I will send you to an old folks' home! And BTW, at your age you still can post on the internet? Most people your age cannot even move anymore...stroke...cancer...heart diseases...diabetes....

How would I know that? The unemployment rate in SG is less than 2%, my fresh grad EEE engineer friend has so many offers that he is having a nice time picking and choosing. And you have a clown that cannot even find a job? Obviously the guy is either 1.expired 2.too lousy

Haha another bloody taxi loser. God, I hate taxi drivers. They are rude, obnoxious and mostly fat. I take taxis daily and sometimes I feel like buying a car just to avoid dealing with such losers on a daily basis. Taxi drivers are the second worse losers after hawkers. But I haven't eaten in a hawker centre or food court in almost a decade. It is a pity I still have to deal with taxi losers daily. Crap.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Before long, I would be just another old man with half his hair gone, leaking urine, trembling hands....:eek:

bro,

me remembered rather clearly that me had lil' lessons learnt in the past. used to think almost about the same way as you just did. like bro laksaboy, me didn't believe in marriage, didn't believe in making babies for this country (primarily because me never believed in NS), etc.

just a friendly advice, fear is only a limiting factor. go out, have fun in what you're doing & live within your means. if you happened to meet someone you fancy, have a go & see what turns up. as long as you're sincere and hold true to your own sets of beliefs, me pretty sure that you'll lead a fruitful life.

nothing short of saying, you have to create your own dreams :smile::smile::smile:
good luck :p

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hi HB .... i tried to pick up chios from the streets but always never succeed leh. The only one interested was an aqua. That put an end to my pick up exploits. :(

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
How would I know that? The unemployment rate in SG is less than 2%, my fresh grad EEE engineer friend has so many offers that he is having a nice time picking and choosing. And you have a clown that cannot even find a job? Obviously the guy is either 1.expired 2.too lousy

BINGO!!! option 1!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

You should have a world dream not a Singapore dream. Why restrict yourself to 690sq km out of the 149 Million sq km that's available to you.

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal

It depends on what post grad degrees you spent half your life getting. If you studied french literature or russian language, then your chance of a downpayment for a condo is slim. Degrees just opens doors.... opportunities abound in many fields - spend time making connections and gaining soft skills and less time taking "advice" here in a forum ... and while you're not going to be as well off as someone in a proper developed country, its much better than being born in Bangladesh or Nepal