• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Howlian hawkers should be boycotted...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Why not go to a high class restaurant like what our resident Froggy does.

The restaurant owner not only look into your eyes, he will take a photo with you and even invite you to the kitchen to cook together.

Please don't stir hor, I eat roadside food also hor.

pakchewcheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best sg laksa is Sungei Road Laksa

Sungei Road laksa is good. I normally will buy two nowls each time I there.
Janggut laksa at Queensway is more tasy and more lemaky.
Try that and you will convert.

I seen the Light.
It is so clear to me now as to the good the Father, the Son, and the Holy Goh have done to raise Singapore from the fishing village in mangrove swamps.

I am utterly sure of the honesty and integrity and leadership of Great Leader Lee Hsien Loon aided by her capable husband Ho Ching and stewardship of GIC and Temasick.

I now am compelled to do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!
I wait for further guidance from JohnTan and his introduction into the crassloots so I can also laugh on the way to the bank.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This lobster prawn noodles is good. I eat there occasionally when I can bring myself to eat at the peasants' level. The only thing I don't like is to put up with the stench of the peasants who are eating at the cheaper stalls.

It's worth trying if you peasants are able to afford it.

30179444716_bdb9eca357_b.jpg

30289965131_1e2f2fcd37_b.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You’re right man. Sungei Road is the bestest.
But pls dun go to the wrong one opposite ah boy but the real McCoy that is at block 27 Coffeeshop.

328 is fake to begin with. I dunno why the got to be so famous due to their shitty laksa.
The original Katong laksa is janggut
the new laksa stall that also serves lor mee at soy eu tua kopitiam on upper east coast road is bagus. it’s run by an ah soh and she’s leaving no stones unturned. right next to the mee pok stall and nor’s nasi padang. haven’t had authentic sinkie laksa like this for a long time.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just fuck them in the face if they are rude lor , no big deal :p
If dunno how to swear , just look up to Michelle Chong's Ah Lian impersonation for inspiration :wink:
I believe she swears better than most Cambridge / Oxford / Ivy League educated nerds here :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just fuck them in the face if they are rude lor , no big deal :p
If dunno how to swear , just look up to Michelle Chong's Ah Lian impersonation for inspiration :wink:
I believe she swears better than most Cambridge / Oxford / Ivy League educated nerds here :biggrin:

Fuck already walk away.....
If die die must eat then loon first after collect the food then fuck them.....else your food will kena extra ingredients

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS cannot afford the Cambridge Road prawn noodles at $30 a bowl then come and kpkb spoil old hawkers’ business.

He should be that clone of Cb kia who always start thread to kpkb

You mean the "hay mee tng' cost $30 a bowl?...they get prawns fresh from the canal near Cambridge Rd?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean the "hay mee tng' cost $30 a bowl?...they get prawns fresh from the canal near Cambridge Rd?
That’s the famous Hwa Kee. Arguably the best and number 1 prawn noodle in Sg. They used wild caught green grass prawns confirm not from canal but the sea. If you go to their restaurant it’s 40 bucks a pop.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This lobster prawn noodles is good. I eat there occasionally when I can bring myself to eat at the peasants' level. The only thing I don't like is to put up with the stench of the peasants who are eating at the cheaper stalls.

It's worth trying if you peasants are able to afford it.

30179444716_bdb9eca357_b.jpg

30289965131_1e2f2fcd37_b.jpg

This one is in amk?
The young chap went on tv show.
He looks like passionate cook and knows his stuff. Looks like value for money.
I think the lobster noodles go for around $20++....will make an effort to try it.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one is in amk?
The young chap went on tv show.
He looks like passionate cook and knows his stuff. Looks like value for money.
I think the lobster noodles go for around $20++....will make an effort to try it.

Even their prawn noodles are very good. Usually i take 3 bowls together with another friend when we visit the stall.

Only one small problem, like all prawn noodles, it only tastes very good when u have it there. tabao not nice liao.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That’s the famous Hwa Kee. Arguably the best and number 1 prawn noodle in Sg. They used wild caught green grass prawns confirm not from canal but the sea. If you go to their restaurant it’s 40 bucks a pop.

It is really expensive, the only BIG PRAWN noodles soup was at the now gone, Long House @ Upper Thomson Rd., $10, that I can afford.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is really expensive, the only BIG PRAWN noodles soup was at the now gone, Long House @ Upper Thomson Rd., $10, that I can afford.

Longhouse is ah Hui. Still around now at Balestier hawker center. One of the better ones but Imho not the best

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
You’re right man. Sungei Road is the bestest.
But pls dun go to the wrong one opposite ah boy but the real McCoy that is at block 27 Coffeeshop.

328 is fake to begin with. I dunno why the got to be so famous due to their shitty laksa.
The original Katong laksa is janggut

328 is not interested in yr biz, but tourists fm Jpn etc.
Sungei Rd is good, and I just found a new OLD SCHOOL type, 1st stall(1 woman show) at
Pipit Rd market/Circuit Rd intersection. Cheap($2-50 up and lemak)

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
328 is not interested in yr biz, but tourists fm Jpn etc.
Sungei Rd is good, and I just found a new OLD SCHOOL type, 1st stall(1 woman show) at
Pipit Rd market/Circuit Rd intersection. Cheap($2-50 up and lemak)

Japs aren’t stewpig they are just ill informed.
We should guide them to the real McCoy and not spoil Sg culinary good name

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sungei road laksa remains the best of the best
but old man not dishing out
but the daughters are doing a great job
keep it up sungei road
joo chiat katong laksa going to the longkang
greed and dollars kill

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
That Fei Fei wanton mee. I'd remembered that I have to get my soup (1st round) like a beggar.
CARRY MY OWN BOWL THERE to fill..That was decade ago. 1st n last time then.
DO THEY STILL HAVE THIS ARROGANT PRACTICE ?

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
That Fei Fei wanton mee. I'd remembered that I have to get my soup (1st round) like a beggar.
CARRY MY OWN BOWL THERE to fill..That was decade ago. 1st n last time then.
DO THEY STILL HAVE THIS ARROGANT PRACTICE ?

Fei fei used to have two related stalls on the same stretch of road.
Yes, one stall is shit, another is ok.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
howlian hawkers are getting tough now
they even scold you
even scorn at you
and up your price with less ingredients
arrogant fartup hawkers