• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to transfer your loved one's $ saving account out before he or she passed away?

Mr_tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets say he is now unconscious, i want to transfer his money from his saving accounts out to his wife acounts before it get complicated. His account is authroised by his signature and not thumbprint.
I heard without a will, the money will be transfered to government.
Heard it must be accompany by a doctor letter and request for a court order to assign administrator to his saving accounts.

What should the doctor letter be?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: How to transfer your loved one's $ saving account out before he or she passed awa

Lets say he is now unconscious, i want to transfer his money from his saving accounts out to his wife acounts before it get complicated. His account is authroised by his signature and not thumbprint.
I heard without a will, the money will be transfered to government.
Heard it must be accompany by a doctor letter and request for a court order to assign administrator to his saving accounts.

What should the doctor letter be?

A bit late in the day if the party is considered to be no longer in control of his facilities.

The money won't go to the govt though. It will be held "interstate" and distributed amongst his immediate family according the laws of the land.

It takes a bit of time.

Z

Zombie

Re: How to transfer your loved one's $ saving account out before he or she passed awa

No will

and got kid(s), then husband 50% and kid(s) 50%

and no kid, then husband 50% and parents of wife 50%

Otherwise husband 100%

Z

Zombie

A bit late in the day if the party is considered to be no longer in control of his facilities.

The money won't go to the govt though. It will be held "interstate" and distributed amongst his immediate family according the laws of the land.

It takes a bit of time.

You mean "intestate"?

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal

if he has an internet banking account or atm card,then it is easier.
but if you have his account number,you can apply thru the bank's website for an internat banking account.
but i think you must have his personal particulars also.
once you have the internet banking account,just login and do a transfer out to his wife's banking account.
it is so simple.

but if you do not have all the necessary details,then will have to wait till he pass away and let the government distribute for you.

will those with internet banking account or those with experience,please correct me if i am wrong.

Mr_tan

Alfrescian
Loyal

but if you have his account number,you can apply thru the bank's website for an internat banking account.
once you have the internet banking account,just login and do a transfer out to his wife's banking account.
it is so simple.

but if you do not have all the necessary details,then will have to wait till he pass away and let the government distribute for you.

will those with internet banking account or those with experience,please correct me if i am wrong.

Yes, he has atm card, but we do not know his atm pin.
Can we still apply internet banking account?

Mr_tan

Alfrescian
Loyal

it is so simple.

I do not even want the government to touch his money !

sun-x

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do not even want the government to touch his money !

Government still give back the money back to you, just only need some time:smile:
but i hear from someone say gov still tex you if alot of money:biggrin:

Mr_tan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Government still give back the money back to you, just only need some time:smile:
but i hear from someone say gov still tex you if alot of money:biggrin:

yes, especially still need to pay this fee and that fee.
Really money-sucker.

Mr_tan

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes, especially still need to pay this fee and that fee.
Really money-sucker.

Latest update, i tried to seek for a court order, didnt know that i have to also seek a lawyer advice in order to obtain a court order to force the bank to release his $. Was also told that it is much easier after the account holder passed away rather than do it now.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal

Latest update, i tried to seek for a court order, didnt know that i have to also seek a lawyer advice in order to obtain a court order to force the bank to release his $. Was also told that it is much easier after the account holder passed away rather than do it now.

Read this:

Distribution Of A Deceased's Estate

Muslims
If the deceased was a Muslim, Section 112 of the Administration of Muslim Law Act (Cap. 3) provides that the estate of the deceased shall be distributed according to the school of the Muslim law observed by the deceased.

The applicant will need to obtain an Inheritance Certificate from the Syariah Court located at MCYS Building, 512 Thomson Road, #02-00, Singapore 298136. The Syariah Court will ascertain the beneficiaries of the deceased and their respective entitlement before issuing an Inheritance Certificate.

The Public Trustee will distribute the estate of the deceased to the beneficiaries in accordance with the Inheritance Certificate obtained by the applicant from the Syariah Court.

Non-Muslims
If the deceased was a non-Muslim, the Public Trustee will distribute the deceased’s estate in accordance with the Intestate Succession Act (Cap. 146).

& this (Rules On Distribution Of A Deceased's Estate Under The Intestate Succession Act (CAP. 146) :

http://app.ipto.gov.sg/PublicTruste...B0A1C512009512B0A0C0A0E1C0A0B513F0A1D1C00011C

Last edited: