• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Safe are our Banks?

joker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
heard b4 when i was in primary school. it was a subsidary of of the local banks rite? did the bank filed for bankrupty? :smile:

ICB, Chung Khiaw, Lee Wah, Wah Khiaw merge into UOB and change the logo to the present UOB logo in the 70s. No bankruptcy lah. Botak Wee became the dragon head, "Long Tou Ta Ke". :biggrin:

The only one tat almost bankrupt is Tat Lee bank becos of big exposure to Indo rupiah during the Asian Financial crisis but was bailed out by Keppel bank. I was working in Tat Lee bank at tat time and they have many investments in Indonesia. They say it is a merger but actually it is a bailout lah. Later Keppel Tat Lee merge with OCBC while UOB and OUB also merge. :biggrin:

High till Dry

Alfrescian
Loyal
ICB, Chung Khiaw, Lee Wah, Wah Khiaw merge into UOB and change the logo to the present UOB logo in the 70s. No bankruptcy lah. Botak Wee became the dragon head, "Long Tou Ta Ke". :biggrin:

The only one tat almost bankrupt is Tat Lee bank becos of big exposure to Indo rupiah during the Asian Financial crisis but was bailed out by Keppel bank. I was working in Tat Lee bank at tat time and they have many investments in Indonesia. They say it is a merger but actually it is a bailout lah. Later Keppel Tat Lee merge with OCBC while UOB and OUB also merge. :biggrin:

thanks for the s'pore banking history lesson. i joined ocbc when they bought over keppel :biggrin: