• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much more can our HDB tahan shake by tremors?

breaknews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before they collapsed suddenly like hotel new world?

Based on PAP track records on MRT breakdown issues.

I think you shouldn't rely on good luck.

Someday it will run out, like Friday the 13th.

Better make sure they are held accountable.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With newer HDB flats becoming taller, and their construction heavily outsourced to FTs/shoddy contractors who skimped on materials and quality inspection... your guess is as good as mine!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think almost all building will able to take earthquake in Singapore. Most is very small maybe 4~5 Richter scale the max. is felt in Singapore.
Unlike Japan/Indon they can felt scale 8 and above.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think almost all building will able to take earthquake in Singapore. Most is very small maybe 4~5 Richter scale the max. is felt in Singapore.
Unlike Japan/Indon they can felt scale 8 and above.

I remember some talk eons ago about up to 5.5.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With newer HDB flats becoming taller, and their construction heavily outsourced to FTs/shoddy contractors who skimped on materials and quality inspection... your guess is as good as mine!

dun say like that leh..my pigeon hole located on 25th floor...:(

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hdb already said before the flats are built to withstand 4.0 quake. Tremor only stand to crap your pants. All this frog in will really need to go experience what a real earthquake feels like