• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How long can LKY serve ?

pc2009

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's quite pitiful to see LKY around this GE. His condition has worsened so much since last year. My friend said he might be gone in months maybe weeks. I'm not cursing him hor.

IF, (big IF), he up the lorry before 7 May, will his GRC team disqualified ? Or it's already a done deal that they are the MP elected.

Just curious.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't worry, stubborn people live longer. Singaporeans will give him a big farewell on May 7 and form new gahment and then he can up lorry who cares!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
regarding issues of by-elections.....

The death of Dr Ong Chit Chung raises the question of whether a by-election should be held in Jurong GRC, where he was an MP.

According to Mr Lim Boon Heng, also an MP in Jurong GRC, and constitutional law expert Kevin Tan, no by-election is mandated, and the workload can be shared by the remaining GRC team. (ST article, 15 July)

For example, when senior minister of state for education Tay Eng Soon died in August 1993, other Eunos GRC MPs — Mr Charles Chong, Mr Chew Heng Ching and Mr Sidek Saniff — took care of Dr Tay’s residents in Tampines North.

In 1999, when then-Jalan Besar GRC MP Choo Wee Khiang resigned his seat in Parliament before he was convicted of a cheating offence, the three remaining MPs in Jalan Besar GRC — Dr Lee Boon Yang, Dr Yaacob Ibrahim and Mr Peh Chin Hua — took over Mr Choo’s duties in the Whampoa division.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PM Lee told reporters that a by-election is not on the cards for Ang Mo Kio GRC. He saw no difficulty in the five other MPs taking over Dr Balaji's duties in the GRC's Cheng San-Seletar ward.

'There is nothing automatic about calling a by-election. We have discussed this many times,' he said in response to a reporter's question. This is in keeping with what happened in Jurong GRC, when a by-election was not called after MP Ong Chit Chung died in July 2008.

Last edited:

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So what happens if all MPs in a GRC die suddenly except one lets say only Lao Lee still around ?

wowentian

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's quite pitiful to see LKY around this GE. His condition has worsened so much since last year. My friend said he might be gone in months maybe weeks. I'm not cursing him hor.

IF, (big IF), he up the lorry before 7 May, will his GRC team disqualified ? Or it's already a done deal that they are the MP elected.

Just curious.

If his birthdate is correct,
16 September 1923, time unknown. 88岁.
His 八字(六字as time unknown) as follow:
时 日 月 年
X 元 印 劫
X 壬 辛 癸
X 辰 酉 亥

His current luck cycle: 壬子 (上下五年分, 现走子运为羊刃运)
Next Year: 壬辰年 (羊刃忌冲合岁君)

Next year 流年 not favourable to him, may up the lorry.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he could have just stepped down graciously earlier, perhaps the public's impression of him would have been much better.

Too bad for him that his son is incapable of taking charge of things himself and he needed to stay around to guide him. Now his "legacy" is forever smeared and lots of goodwill and respect built up over the years has diminished. Not by others but by himself; by overstaying and not knowing when to let go.

I once looked up to up in awe but not anymore ....

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
let's see how many rallies can he covers in 82/87 fight?

I guess he will use the TV stations more. He may got medical problems even to climb staircases and to stand for more than 1 hour making rally speeches.

If he could have just stepped down graciously earlier, perhaps the public's impression of him would have been much better.

Too bad for him that his son is incapable of taking charge of things himself and he needed to stay around to guide him. Now his "legacy" is forever smeared and lots of goodwill and respect built up over the years has diminished. Not by others but by himself; by overstaying and not knowing when to let go.

I once looked up to up in awe but not anymore ....

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
OFFICIALEE, tg pagar won by pap.
IF lky go, its still up 2 pap 2 decide if they shld hold a BY-ELECTION (most probablee, they WONT)

BUT, in true honesty ..... dont die b4 may 8
coz ...... election will b'come a sympathy vote 4 pap

my prediction: he can collect another 3/4 yearly salary ..... (if u know wat i mean)

Just curious.