• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Housekeeping to reduce size of database

StarshipTroopers

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In order to keep the forum running in optimum condition and to minimise the chances of database corruption, superfluous content and obvious clone accounts will be purged over the next couple of days.

If you see your post count change and some of the old stuff gone, don't worry. You are not being "victimised". All housekeeping is done with scripts. I set the parameters and content which falls into the net is automatically purged.

Have a great day.

If u want make more money out of this, u can put up a notice stating that banned accounts can reinstate their accounts by making a donation. :biggrin:

TakKiewPeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I honestly don't know. If you find yourself banned suddenly, it means that you were caught in the dragnet. Nothing personal.

Boss, can share the parameters of your dragnet? I remember you told me we should all join forces, give reps to friendly forces and then something like take down the enemy with all guns blazing, and we can do with a little help from you in the beginning. :biggrin:

Operation aborted? No more saving private Ryan? :eek:

DeathThreat

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss, can share the parameters of your dragnet? I remember you told me we should all join forces, give reps to friendly forces and then something like take down the enemy with all guns blazing, and we can do with a little help from you in the beginning. :biggrin:

boss learning to be like PAP .... make money first

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In order to keep the forum running in optimum condition and to minimise the chances of database corruption, superfluous content and obvious clone accounts will be purged over the next couple of days.

If you see your post count change and some of the old stuff gone, don't worry. You are not being "victimised". All housekeeping is done with scripts. I set the parameters and content which falls into the net is automatically purged.

Have a great day.
Sam

Next time, give more timely warning. I would have paid you for all my Clone Accounts.
Anyway, sorted out all my banned clones and those still surviving.
Will pay you money accordingly in due course so, dont do such move without warning in future.

Mbsslots

TakKiewPeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
boss learning to be like PAP .... make money first

Money very little only leh. Also, 110 accounts can corrupt database meh? Think got another reason. If Boss want to share, I'm all ears.
Anyone can send me a PM. Seems like this dragnet only targeting some Inf accounts. :cool:

DeathThreat

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Money very little only leh. Also, 110 accounts can corrupt database meh? Think got another reason. If Boss want to share, I'm all ears.
Anyone can send me a PM. Seems like this dragnet only targeting some Inf accounts. :cool:

Boss Wants Money lah. Nothing is for free lah.
Also, if any of the Army becomes too powerful that can up 1000 points, then how boss make money selling his 1000 points for 20 bucks.

hahaha....lol

StarshipTroopers

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sam

Next time, give more timely warning. I would have paid you for all my Clone Accounts.
Anyway, sorted out all my banned clones and those still surviving.
Will pay you money accordingly in due course so, dont do such move without warning in future.

Mbsslots

Agree.

It's all stated in the FAQ but those who are into mass zapping will lose. :biggrin:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?130656-FAQ-on-the-Reputation-System&p=1239063#post1239063

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Also, if any of the Army becomes too powerful that can up 1000 points, then how boss make money selling his 1000 points for 20 bucks.

hahaha....lol

The 110 accounts won't make much difference but the script has also deleted more than 3000 accounts that were never activated but are still using valuable resources.

Another 1000 accounts that were activated but have never posted a single message since the day they signed up 3 years or more ago have also been removed.

MySQL uses a table matrix and each member requires the creation of many table entries for nick, post index, thread index, rep score, infraction points etc etc so each redundant member removed frees up resources and makes the forum more responsive and backups run faster too which means less resources used during the backup process.

TakKiewPeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

hahaha....lol

Not logical leh. Why does someone needs to buy so many Infp for? One would be enuff, right? So not much money to make. :confused:
Those 110 Inf accounts also don't think is harming the system. I see only those low rep pts newly registered nicks causing some havoc and those with Inf power, only Laksaboy and Blurfuck are actively using their power. The rest using their infract power are Infp accounts. And most infractions are reversed by friendly forces.

This culling does not make sense if based on money making consideration.

DeathThreat

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 110 accounts won't make much difference but the script has also deleted more than 3000 accounts that were never activated but are still using valuable resources.

Another 1000 accounts that were activated but have never posted a single message since the day they signed up 3 years or more ago have also been removed.

MySQL uses a table matrix and each member requires the creation of many table entries for nick, post index, thread index, rep score, infraction points etc etc so each redundant member removed frees up resources and makes the forum more responsive and backups run faster too which means less resources used during the backup process.

You sound like PAP....lol....:biggrin:

Optimus Prime

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Sam, although i did not participate, i am a reader and signed up to use the ignore button.

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesh Sir!!!!

I like you boss! I am sure if there is vote, you will win any erections! :biggrin:

No points for that. But housekeeping is a good thing if there are so many useless and dormant accounts. I am not surprised iuf there are accounts which belong to people who have either moved on or died..... 3 years is a generous amount of time anyway.

Cheers!!