• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hougang voters reasons not to vote PAP

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
5 reasons to vote against PAP

1. Your high cost of living and HDB flat prices that you cannot afford

2. MRT trains are breaking down nearly everyday

3. Widening income gap and low-wage workers who are grossly underpaid

4. Foreigners brought into Singapore and overcrowding the city

5. PAP designed the system to make it difficult for the opposition (media bias, ISA, lawsuits, shifting electoral laws) which is why we ended up here in the first place, so why give them more seats.

3 reasons to vote against DC

1. DC said there were already 5 opposition MPs and WP did not need one more. He only wrote off his own relevance because there are 81 PAP MPs and he was indirectly telling Hougang voters not to vote for himself.

2. DC said it was elections and not opposition that is a proof of democracy. Ironically, elections for Hougang residents became a deprivation of lift upgrading simply because they exercised this democracy to get an opposition. What an oxymoron.

3. DC thinks women who can cook are better and got slammed by AWARE.

insignia

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Your high cost of living and HDB flat prices that you cannot afford

2. MRT trains are breaking down nearly everyday

3. Widening income gap and low-wage workers who are grossly underpaid

4. Foreigners brought into Singapore and overcrowding the city

5. PAP designed the system to make it difficult for the opposition (media bias, ISA, lawsuits, shifting electoral laws) which is why we ended up here in the first place, so why give them more seats.

1. DC said there were already 5 opposition MPs and WP did not need one more. He only wrote off his own relevance because there are 81 PAP MPs and he was indirectly telling Hougang voters not to vote for himself.

2. DC said it was elections and not opposition that is a proof of democracy. Ironically, elections for Hougang residents became a deprivation of lift upgrading simply because they exercised this democracy to get an opposition. What an oxymoron.

3. DC thinks women who can cook are better and got slammed by AWARE.

It is not Desmond's fault that the MRT trains are breaking down.

It is Lui Tuck Yew's fault.

Lui Tuck Yew is not the candidate in Hougang, and there is nothing that the voters can do.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I more very important reason.

Continue to make PAP your slave in Hougang. They will do everything to please you and "buy" your votes as long as you don't vote for PAP.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do sitoh still provide free food to residents?

so to have free teochew porridge provide by pap till the next GE, better vote WP.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
More reasons to vote against PAP

(a) They don't value citizens, they depress wages, compare citizens to dogs who need to be trained, don't give NSMen enough recognition as well as protection in the workplace against employer discrimination, and also absence of fair wage and labour laws to protect Singaporeans.

(b) They make life hard for Singaporean businessmen by allowing rentals to become exorbitant, they penalize SMEs whilst protecting their crony MNCs and GLCs, they allow MPs to hold too many directorships, there is too much conflict of interest going on between the establishment and GLCs, they use state coffers/reserves to bolster GLC profits through creating artificial demand for defense equipment, etc, etc, etc.

(c) They co-opt PA and trade unions to favour themselves politically, while at the same time depolicitizing the rest of society by clamping down on dissent, exerting complete control over mainstream press, threatening outspoken voices with defamation suits, hollow out civil society, co-opt existing talent into their ranks where they can be "neutralized", etc, etc, etc, etc.

(d) They squirrel away billions of hidden reserves while not giving Singaporeans good medical insurance, a social safety net, or good transportation infrastructure

More reasons to vote against Desmond Choo

(a) PAP supporters say, "I want nobody, nobody but CHOO!". Opposition supporters say, "HAAAAAAARRRR... CHOO!"

(b) DC must be rewarded for all his work he has done for his masters, so let us give him what he deserves -- a nice, cushy 8.30am-5.30pm job in a GLC away from the grassroots, HG residents, and the media spotlight.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps the biggest reason to vote for WP not PAP:

The by-election was held in the first place because WP did something right.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bet my lung cheow GMS is going to respond to this.

Nothing to respond. To field YSL was a mistake, but that did not lead to a by-election. If WP stuck to YSL all the way, there will also be no by-election. A by-election was caused when WP did something about it, creating a vacancy. So technically, I am correct.

But as usual, we know he selective reading.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically, LTK and his CEC caused the vacancy and I remember LTK said this was to "give Hougangers another opportunity to elect another MP".

Which I read as it means he wants voters again to choose either PAP or WP. Which also means he is open to the idea that voters choose PAP over WP's next candidate either because WP's next candidate is not as good as the previous one or voters to punish WP over the whole thing - although he himself will fight to convince voters of new WP candidate. I also read the expulsion as he (and WP) thinks someone like YSL don't deserve to be in Parliament, whether he is from WP or PAP or any candidate elected, i.e. if LTK was PM and YSL was a PAP MP, LTK would have done the same to YSL.

Note that LTK did not say "give Hougangers another opportunity to vote another WP candidate/MP".

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this good enough reason not to vote pappies in HG?

display_image.php

pc_600x450.jpg

When I grow up, I want to be like UNCLE WEE KHIANG. Don't we look alike. It's in our blood.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically, LTK and his CEC caused the vacancy and I remember LTK said this was to "give Hougangers another opportunity to elect another MP".

Which I read as it means he wants voters again to choose either PAP or WP. Which also means he is open to the idea that voters choose PAP over WP's next candidate either because WP's next candidate is not as good as the previous one or voters to punish WP over the whole thing - although he himself will fight to convince voters of new WP candidate. I also read the expulsion as he (and WP) thinks someone like YSL don't deserve to be in Parliament, whether he is from WP or PAP or any candidate elected, i.e. if LTK was PM and YSL was a PAP MP, LTK would have done the same to YSL.

Note that LTK did not say "give Hougangers another opportunity to vote another WP candidate/MP".

For many years, Singaporeans often only recognised the "lightning rod" when they vote. The power of branding is undeniable. Of course, it works both ways if your brand is tarnished. WP is "branded" in HG given the historical legacy established and nurtured by LTK for 20 years. YSL incident, as the trigger for this BE, will impact the WP brand. Sajeev and PLG will further add to that adverse impact. Of course, individuality and personality will also affect voters but Singapore politics are really quite bland. How many of our leaders can claim to be charismatic? Off-hand I can't even think of one. Those who have very distinct personality are often too maverick or extreme that they would not appeal to the mainstream.

So this BE in HG will still largely be about branding. DC and Ah Huat's personal appeal will be less significant. Although I must say look-wise, DC does come across better than Ah Huat. Seems more refined, more energetic and intellectual. But I'm still doubtful DC can overcome the odds against a 20-year WP entrenchment in HG. But he'll improve on his GE2011 performance.

I speculate Ah Huat to win but below 60%.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
And where is our Leongsam aka Samuel Leong and Kinana ?

Engaging with PAP stuff polishing their leather shoes ?

Or preparing FREE Food for the coming PAP Rallies ?

LOL

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do not let PAP to continue breeding..

Just remember, if they Breed You'll Bleed..

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all, the first post of this thread is nonsensical. Whether PAP wins in Hougang will not affect voting rights in our parliament at all and will therefore not affect any alledgedly bad policies.

Besides, our govt has been performing well and we are experiencing an economic boom whether you realise it or not. Rising prices has nothing to do with PAP but world markets on raw materials. In other words, you can go anywhere in the world and still experience rising prices, perhaps even more had we not have our foreign imports who help lower costs and boost businesses.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First of all, the first post of this thread is nonsensical. Whether PAP wins in Hougang will not affect voting rights in our parliament at all and will therefore not affect any alledgedly bad policies.

Besides, our govt has been performing well and we are experiencing an economic boom whether you realise it or not. Rising prices has nothing to do with PAP but world markets on raw materials. In other words, you can go anywhere in the world and still experience rising prices, perhaps even more had we not have our foreign imports who help lower costs and boost businesses.

Wow! What a good piece of work by my sweet loving honey.
Now you are into politics and economics
You are right, rising price has nothing to do with PAP but
It has every thing to do with you and me
You are too good for me and I am not prepared to let others have you
They can have the cheaper foreign imports for all I care but the price I set for you not many could afford
except one who unfortunately had died in his Ferrari