• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hougang By-election later news up date

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Workers' Party

"If you look at the last GE, a lot of the PAP candidates did talk about being independent and all that. I don't doubt their sincerity but the thing is there are already existing alternative voices. There are existing alternative parties. They (PAP candidates) don't need to play that role." - Png Eng Huat

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
display_image.php

Composition in Parliament is "too lopsided": Png Eng Huat

SINGAPORE: The Workers' Party candidate for Hougang, Png Eng Huat, said the composition in Singapore's Parliament is "too lopsided".

He said democracy is about political and social equality and it is something he doesn't see in Parliament as the majority of MPs are from the People's Action Party.

Mr Png made this point in response to comments by his PAP opponent, Desmond Choo.

Mr Choo had urged voters not to "mix up" the democratic process with the need for alternative voices in Parliament.

Mr Choo had also said he can be an alternative voice, which Mr Png disagreed.

"If you look at the last GE (General Election), a lot of the PAP candidates did talk about being independent and all that. I don't doubt their sincerity but the thing is there are already existing alternative voices. There are existing alternative parties. They (PAP candidates) don't need to play that role. We can play that role very well," said Mr Png.

Mr Png was speaking to reporters after visiting coffee shops and meeting residents along Hougang Avenue 5.

He was accompanied by party leaders, including WP secretary-general Low Thia Khiang and chairman Sylvia Lim.

Mr Png was also asked about the involvement of party bigwigs in his campaigning, a sharp contrast to his opponent Mr Choo who has been walking the ground without party leaders by his side.

In response, Mr Png said Hougang is "extremely important" to the Workers' Party and the party machinery was there to defend it.

- CNA/fa

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:
The FTs that do come are better quality than locals like you sir.
I have worked with and spoken to so many employers out there, they have no choice but to hire FTs because these people are more productive than locals.

Are you telling us that the PAP's FT policy is introduced because FTs are better quality and more productive? Can you get the PM to say that at the National Day Rally and to repeat it before GE 2016?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM fulfilled his promise. He is a man of his words sir. The same can never be said of WP leaders.

Honey,
I am also a man of my words
Remember I promised to get you the best doctor if you got pregnant by me?
The same can never be said if you fuck around with the PAP followers

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you telling us that the PAP's FT policy is introduced because FTs are better quality and more productive? Can you get the PM to say that at the National Day Rally and to repeat it before GE 2016?

PAP openly said we need these immigrants because of our low birth rates.
Can you be more productive?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP openly said we need these immigrants because of our low birth rates.
Can you be more productive?

Maybe we could help here
I let you fuck around
You take care of the babies and I take care of the money
Deal?