• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ho Jinx's Merrill Lynch tumbles

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
World's 8th most powerful woman's Merrill Lynch tumbles down to $16 plus.

If no one comes to Lehman Bros' rescue, next in line would be Merrill, AIG and Washington Mutual.

If Merrill goes under, be prepared to collect your CPF savings when you're 70.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't talk cock and spread falsehood. CPF got nothing to do with Temasek. Temasek does not have a blank cheque from CPF.

If your money is not saved in CPF for your future, probably all those money would have been spent on some IT or motor stuff or holiday stuff. Then during old age, the gahment will have to bail you out with free food and health care - which will be translated to more taxes from other people.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't talk cock and spread falsehood. CPF got nothing to do with Temasek. Temasek does not have a blank cheque from CPF.

If your money is not saved in CPF for your future, probably all those money would have been spent on some IT or motor stuff or holiday stuff. Then during old age, the gahment will have to bail you out with free food and health care - which will be translated to more taxes from other people.

Agreed. With Temasic not having anything to do with CPF, it's alredy bad enuff. Can't imagine how life will be when your owner starts drawing down th free credit line to finance her massive punting losses, which she has probably begun to do so.

malay_family1.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Temasek get their funds from?

Access funds from the statutory boards(maybe not the case today), are transfered to Ministry of Finance, for example, in the past POSB was a Stat board member.

You tell me, CPF board directly invest their funds? Yes?

So would you like to enlighten me, where does Temasak gets their funds from?

The duty of any government on this earth, for they are elected by the people, as in democratic countries, is to provide the people with, shelter, food & lodging; wether they have to tax others or not.

What is the difference in having low direct taxes, but the citizens have to pay daily indirect taxes, for example, GST, ERP, COE, maid levy, etc., the sum of all indirect taxes is higher than direct taxes.

Lastly, what we do with our earned income is our business, of course, we have got to have the discipline to manage our spending, so that, we do not have to be dependent on others, government or not!, but when we fall in hard times, due to circumstances beyond our control, the government we voted for, will have to feed , house & look after us!.

Now, tell me, where does Temasek, get their funds from?, you gave them?,or did I give them?, or every living things out there gave them?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>Temasek get their funds from? <<<

th_25B_TEMASEK_wideweb__470x2730-1.jpg

My dad-in-law. Does that answer ur question? *hee*hee*

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The crisis of confidence in Lehman Brothers (LEH.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) has led to fallout throughout the financial sector -- especially for larger rival Merrill Lynch & Co Inc (MER.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz).

The problem for Merrill is that short-sellers regard it as the next weakest investment bank after the crumbling Lehman and the crumbled Bear Stearns, which was sold at a firesale price in March.

"People are saying, 'Who's next on the list?'" said Matt McCormick, portfolio manager and banking analyst at Bahl & Gaynor in Cincinnati.

The result in the market was clear. Merrill Lynch shares lost about a third of their value this week, while peers Citigroup Co (C.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) and Morgan Stanley (MS.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) only lost 2 percent and 4 percent, respectively.

A Merrill Lynch spokesman declined to comment.

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal

your assumption that pple do not know how to deal with their own money smacks of elitism. you sound just like the PAP.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Only an idiot like you can't see that they've out-rightly abused their power to put her in that position to burn away our billions & billions of Dollars.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek get their funds from?

Access funds from the statutory boards(maybe not the case today), are transfered to Ministry of Finance, for example, in the past POSB was a Stat board member.

You tell me, CPF board directly invest their funds? Yes?

So would you like to enlighten me, where does Temasak gets their funds from?

The duty of any government on this earth, for they are elected by the people, as in democratic countries, is to provide the people with, shelter, food & lodging; wether they have to tax others or not.

What is the difference in having low direct taxes, but the citizens have to pay daily indirect taxes, for example, GST, ERP, COE, maid levy, etc., the sum of all indirect taxes is higher than direct taxes.

Lastly, what we do with our earned income is our business, of course, we have got to have the discipline to manage our spending, so that, we do not have to be dependent on others, government or not!, but when we fall in hard times, due to circumstances beyond our control, the government we voted for, will have to feed , house & look after us!.

Now, tell me, where does Temasek, get their funds from?, you gave them?,or did I give them?, or every living things out there gave them?

Then you gotta know the equation ! The sum of indirect taxes is higher than direct taxes ,true !

Yet they want to make it this way : If you decide to outsmart the equation by spending less at the middle tier down. They directly tied us as consumers together with retail sector !

If they fail we fail !

If we fail to support the industries that provided some employment for our working classes because of our direct hate to the regime !

Inter-twined !

Last edited:

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only an idiot like you can't see that they've out-rightly abused their power to put her in that position to burn away our billions & billions of Dollars.

By burning away more money !

They are forcing citizens to work for less and longer till the day he dies and no one can sit around and retire early !

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek gets their fund from the Govt. Recently, Govt just injected S$10 billion cash into Temasek. So the next question is 'where does Govt get their money from?' :wink:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
World's 8th most powerful woman's Merrill Lynch tumbles down to $16 plus.

If no one comes to Lehman Bros' rescue, next in line would be Merrill, AIG and Washington Mutual.

If Merrill goes under, be prepared to collect your CPF savings when you're 70.

Thanks to Bank of America, we may not have to wait till age 70, but maybe 68 now.

Anybody knows how much shim paid for Merrill's stake in Dec 07?

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans with power ! You still have to wake up your idea !

Invest in our city state, population and generation beyond !

DO not invest in other countries because it is cheaper now and how much you hated Singaporeans!

And how in thinking that if most of Singaporeans are poor and jobless, you can oppress them further into taxation and it political power that you crave.

And in political power you relish to the world that because they are poor and the poor have lost their will to fight whether economically or politically !

I am a patriot, I will support sinkies anytime even though they stinks of bad character !

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hey, at least i get "song" in what ever way i want from my money. it better than getting to know at 70 that my money was "pissed" away by other ppl.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone collate the "investments" and how these are doing in the "long term" pls?
Global Crossings - no update. very long term liao rite?
Shin Corp - no update. so may years, also count long term liao rite?
UBS, Citigroup, ML, etc
Thank you hor.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow what a clear noiseless shot. someone must have a very good digicam.

pap minister cannot help such a family?

why dun we invite bbc or cnn to interview the family, i am sure the gov will help asap.

target the fact that the toddler does not have enough sleep, because of noise and cold at night. blah blah blah. then pan a shot at pap spending million on F1 and the cost of F1 tickets.

doom and gloom, lehman bros bank gone bust, they own money on other banks, so other bank will go bust soon. like a domino effect. soon, the world economic will collapse. global warming will effect food crops. therefore a lot of people in this world will not make it.

DanBoyNow

World Class Fiasco as usual.

Temasek is the LAUGHING STOCK of the world now.

Even a 3 year old child would know not to invest in a crap company that have been in difficulty and entangle in the subprime mess since a year back.

OF COS our world class crap leaders would say they don't have 20 20 vision to predict the outcome.

FACT. Temasek bought ML when market knowledge clearly says ML was unhealthy.

EXPECT THE BLOODY STATE TIMES TO ACT BLUR AND NOT TO EVEN ATTEMPT TO REPORT THE NEWS IN ITS FULL GLORY.

And as usual, TEMASEK SPOKESPERSON can never be found to make any comments.

Here is the news from AFP.

Temasek has not decided fate of stake in Merrill Lynch: report
17 hours ago

SINGAPORE (AFP) — State-linked Singapore investment firm Temasek Holdings has not yet decided on what to do with its stake in Merrill Lynch, which is to be bought by Bank of America, sources said.

Temasek Holdings, which holds about 13 to 14 percent in the US investment bank was not available for comment but Dow Jones Newswires, citing unnamed sources, said the Singapore firm was holding a meeting to discuss the matter.

"The investment team is meeting now. Their decision on how to handle the Bank of America shares will depend on how they view the long-term prospects of the bank," the source said. "Temasek always looks at the long term."
The Wall Street Journal reported that Merrill Lynch agreed late Sunday to sell itself to Bank of America for 50 billion dollars in an all-stock deal that values the former Wall Street titan at 29 dollars a share.

Temasek is the single largest investor in Merrill Lynch after making investments totalling 8.3 billion dollars.
Merrill Lynch has been forced to sell itself to seek fresh capital after making huge losses following the meltdown in the subprime, or higher risk, US mortgage market.

Last edited:

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Several years ago,PAP leaders decided that punting into glbal banks were the ONLY way to go for the peanuts($$$)of those fairly stupid 66.67% Sinkies,so an all out offensive was launched.m God only knows how many billion were pumped in,yr guess is as good as mine but not as accurate as MM Lee.

I remember some forummers in the old Sammy argued that all were great investment and started to calculte the return we can reap after say,10 20 years.5 times,10 times,some even venture 20 times,20 billin to 400 billion,Oh,my God.

Some forummers did question what if the bank close,or pur into bankrupcy?but many were confident that this wouldnt happen,not when our wise leader was making the investment decision.

Now what happens,I am sure PAP would be very quite for a while,till the stupid 66.67% have all forgotten,then theu shall return.HeHe

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Scaremongering tactics don't work on us, dude. Try another weapon; if not go away.