• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hk f prc mtr

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mandarin was the right choice. Cantonese a harder dialect to master.

Sun showed good sense, saw through his fellow chauvinist canto politicians who only wanted to use this issue to power struggle with Yuan Shikai's Beiyang faction.

Sun is a fucking idiot! He failed miserably in his many upraising attempts. He was given the position as the honorary leading figure in the revolution because of his revolution reputation. In other words, he was kind of being made used to unite the many different fractions of gangs from all over the country.

If he were any smarter or have any good sense, he should have seen through Yuen Shika's scheming nature to grab the power to make himself the next emperor. Immediately after Yuen took Presidency, he kicked out most of Sun's fraction and rule China with his own men from Beiyang (sound familiar? How PAP lock up it's strongest opposition right after they won the election?) . Giving him much power to rule China with his corrupted practice.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have been a regular visitor to HK since mid 90s. My impression is the Hong Kong people are much polite compare to the past . Most Civil servant/MTR staff can speak Mandarin with a Cantonese accent. They are also quite helpful if you are polite with them. The PRC on the other hand think their RMB is very big. (HKD used to be stronger than RMB.)

Was in one of the Levis/Dockers store in TST when some PRC tourist create havoc at the store. Instead of asking the store assistants to help them, they just help themselves to all the nicely folded pants/shirts on the shelves to see if fit them or not. After that, they just anyhow throw those non-fitting pants/shirts, some even on the floor. The store assistants remained very polite throughout the whole thing. I cannot tahan the sight and left the store without buying anything.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only rude in HK nia, other countries too, they think the whole world belongs to them, the awakening dragon.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Was in one of the Levis/Dockers store in TST when some PRC tourist create havoc at the store. Instead of asking the store assistants to help them, they just help themselves to all the nicely folded pants/shirts on the shelves to see if fit them or not. After that, they just anyhow throw those non-fitting pants/shirts, some even on the floor. The store assistants remained very polite throughout the whole thing. I cannot tahan the sight and left the store without buying anything.

Most retailers and businessmen in HK grin and bear it because many of these prc tourists and businessmen come with loads of money. Some of them will take out stacks of cash even when buying branded goods or electrical items.
The normal people on the other hand can't stand the prc tourists.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most retailers and businessmen in HK grin and bear it because many of these prc tourists and businessmen come with loads of money. Some of them will take out stacks of cash even when buying branded goods or electrical items.
The normal people on the other hand can't stand the prc tourists.
To be fair, not all PRC behave like this but a majority do. Probably due to back home, connections and money talk loudest. Not to praise the southerners, but find southerners much more refine than the northerners/north-east.

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is why 3rd world PRCs are like Stray Dogs without toilet training.

All Over the world they are called Rat Tribes.

http://topics.scmp.com/news/china-n...---the-meagre-existence-of-Beijings-rat-tribe

There are thousands of people here in that live underground, in the basements of apartment buildings and even in former air raid shelters.
Their subterranean living habits have earned them the nickname, the 'rat tribe'.

Now the city government is looking to put an end to former air raid shelters being used as apartments because of safety concerns.

In the city above them, Louis Vuitton stores and Ferrari dealerships and soaring European-designed glass edifices mark China’s dizzying economic ascent. Wang and her family are among the legions of migrant workers who make up perhaps as much as a third of Beijing’s estimated 20 million people. In a city where the average rent for an apartment is now more than $450, there is no place for them to go, no space anywhere — except underground. The migrants began settling in the shelters in the late ’90s, when the government started leasing the tunnels to landlords. No one knows for sure how many people live in Beijing’s 5,500 shelters and other subterranean domiciles, but estimates go as high as a million. These are the janitors and waiters and salesclerks and laborers and delivery people who are the gears and pistons of the economic engine churning above. In Beijing they are known as “the mouse tribe,” which some find demeaning.

Waiters, karaoke hostesses, hairdressers, chefs, security guards, domestic workers and kitchen helpers, these basement dwellers are the backbone of every service industry.

Basements Bomb shelters attached to residential buildings, designed as wartime shelters, have been approved for commercial rental nationwide since the 1990s, when migrant workers began to flood mainland cities in search of better lives.

Last edited:

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have been a regular visitor to HK since mid 90s. My impression is the Hong Kong people are much polite compare to the past . Most Civil servant/MTR staff can speak Mandarin with a Cantonese accent. They are also quite helpful if you are polite with them. The PRC on the other hand think their RMB is very big. (HKD used to be stronger than RMB.)

I too am a regular visitor to HK and yes I do agree with you that most of their store assistants are helpful and polite but have you tried asking directions from their police or immigration officers in the airport its a total different story.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I too am a regular visitor to HK and yes I do agree with you that most of their store assistants are helpful and polite but have you tried asking directions from their police or immigration officers in the airport its a total different story.
I always use the magic word 'please' and with a smile. :smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporean netizens did not comment on Beijing's Professor's remarks because Singapore was mentioned only in passing for our world renowned fines as a example of a city governed by law as in Hongkong. No reason and advantage to drag ourselves into the fray when we are not the target of the tirade.

On the MTR incident, it is a classic demonstration of Chinese society as Zhihau has noted, the inter-provincial, intra-provincial, inter-city, inter-clan and inter-family prejudices are very much alive in Chinese society.

It is also, very much, still, a character of the Hongkong society, possibly because of the homogenous nature of its society that fuels it. In Singapore, although we have largely worn down these prejudices, occasionally we can still see some fire points.

Regarding the peom on the Singapore environment circulating in PRC, the writer, evidently, is someone who is not able to accept the rule of law and the cultural differences of Singapore from his homeland.

The Govt must think very hard before admitting such people into our society. Not only would they not be able to assimilate, they could potentially destroy the peaceful demeanor of our society, raising something similar to racial unrest. Do we really need such people? Babies or no babies?

It's just his observations on what occurs in sinkieland but some of them are good like no eating in trains.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jah_rastafar_I said:
It's just his observations on what occurs in sinkieland but some of them are good like no eating in trains.

I was commenting on the poem. The writer of the poem evidently cannot stand everything that is part of the Singapore situation. Such FT/FW should not admitted.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1sickpuppy II said:

The Hongkong-Mainland problem started years before PRC became a serious economic power, even in those days when China's foreign reserves were less than Singapore's. Hongkongers have always looked down upon mainlanders as slow, dumb and uncouth.

It was only in recent years when PRC gained economic prominence that mainlanders started hitting back and, to the Hongkongers, behaving arrogantly. It is also in recent years that Hongkong store keepers "向钱看"and improve in their courtesy to these people and to foreign Chinese, including Singaporeans, who do not speak their dialect.

Even in Singapore, I got feedback from people working in the hospitality industry that Chinese tourists are now the dominant group and in-spite their uncouth manners are much welcomed customers.

It is a transitional change that everyone has to deal with, Hongkongers and Singaporeans to recognise the significant economic benefits these people bring with them and PRC Chinese to adapt their behavior to more internationally acceptable norms.