• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HK actor Kenny Bee and family 'treated like criminals' at Singapore airport

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
without googling when was paul deported from japan? Was that during the hippie era?

On 16 January 1980, Wings went to Tokyo for 11 concerts in Japan.[175] As McCartney was going through customs, officials found 7.7 ounces (218.3 g) of cannabis in his luggage.[175] He was arrested and taken to a Tokyo prison while the Japanese government decided what to do. McCartney had been previously denied a visa to Japan (in 1975) because he had been convicted twice in Europe for possession of cannabis.[167] Public figures called for McCartney to be put on trial for drug-smuggling. Had he been convicted, he would have faced up to seven years in prison.[175] The Wings Japanese tour was cancelled and the other members of Wings left Japan. After ten days in jail, McCartney was released and deported. He was told that he would not be welcome in Japan again, although a decade later he played a concert in Tokyo.[175] In 1984, Paul and Linda McCartney were both arrested for possession of cannabis.[176][177]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_MacCartney

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without Googling, it should be around 1973-74 if I recall correctly from what I've read in past.

Thanks Sirus, looks like my memory is failing, but thanks for helping to make the point. :smile:

On 16 January 1980, Wings went to Tokyo for 11 concerts in Japan.[175] As McCartney was going through customs, officials found 7.7 ounces (218.3 g) of cannabis in his luggage.[175] He was arrested and taken to a Tokyo prison while the Japanese government decided what to do. McCartney had been previously denied a visa to Japan (in 1975) because he had been convicted twice in Europe for possession of cannabis.[167] Public figures called for McCartney to be put on trial for drug-smuggling. Had he been convicted, he would have faced up to seven years in prison.[175] The Wings Japanese tour was cancelled and the other members of Wings left Japan. After ten days in jail, McCartney was released and deported. He was told that he would not be welcome in Japan again, although a decade later he played a concert in Tokyo.[175] In 1984, Paul and Linda McCartney were both arrested for possession of cannabis.[176][177]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_MacCartney

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
they shld be glad that they are not made to do nude squats.

The latest at US airports is a choice between full-body X-ray scan or a full-touch physical search. The full-body X-ray scan means that you're clothes-on but appear fully naked on the screen to the inspecting officers. The full-touch physical search means that you're clothes-on but whenever the searching officer's hand feel something suspicious at any part of your body under clothing, you'll be required to strip that part of the clothing. Tough choice. :mad::(

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The latest at US airports is a choice between full-body X-ray scan or a full-touch physical search. The full-body X-ray scan means that you're clothes-on but appear fully naked on the screen to the inspecting officers. The full-touch physical search means that you're clothes-on but whenever the searching officer's hand feel something suspicious at any part of your body under clothing, you'll be required to strip that part of the clothing. Tough choice. :mad::(

Actually the US immigration pple also damn rude. They give you that look and question U like as if you are a criminal when crossing the border

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the US immigration pple also damn rude. They give you that look and question U like as if you are a criminal when crossing the border

They see u so fat. They prob assume u hide drugs under your coat. So dun blame them. They just doing their jobs.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They see u so fat. They prob assume u hide drugs under your coat. So dun blame them. They just doing their jobs.

Please lah U go to the US, everyone from the Immigration guy to the security guy all bigger size then me

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

===

cannot blame them, they are doing their job. they are not door mats. they are security enforcers. esp after sep11, they are especially jumpy.

australia as well, have very strict immigration.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah U go to the US, everyone from the Immigration guy to the security guy all bigger size then me

This is the typical Asian size....you leh? They see u....an Asian so fat, of cos suspicious la!

takeshi%20kaneshiro-jinchengwu-16.jpg

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
i thought post-9/11 security like that one what? if he think he so hi-class, he should fly in private jet, land in paya lebar or seletar airport and have MPs welcome him there.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm assuming U haven't met a lot of American Asians

Why u compare against American Asians? They see u....ah bui Asian holding a passport from some shitty country called Singapore, and you expect them to treat u as equals to American Asians? Dream on la!

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

US Immigration are the rudest (or coldest) and most thorough with celebrities. They don't give a damn f*ck what celebrity and catching a celebrity redhanded is one of surest ways to fame and fortune out of their boring routine work. But they do worry about any celebrity getting assassinated under their watch, for then they're f*ck*d.

Last edited:

dankos

Why u compare against American Asians? They see u....ah bui Asian holding a passport from some shitty country called Singapore, and you expect them to treat u as equals to American Asians? Dream on la!

fat ass needs to be surrounded with lots of other fat asses to boost his self esteem. lol.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
US Immigration are the rudest (or coldest) and most thorough with celebrities. They don't give a damn f*ck what celebrity and catching a celebrity redhanded is one of surest ways to fame and fortune out of their boring routine work. But they do worry about any celebrity getting assassinated under their watch, for then they're f*ck*d.

With US celebs too? I'm sure they give face to ppl like robert deniro, bill gates etc.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
With US celebs too? I'm sure they give face to ppl like robert deniro, bill gates etc.

US celebs (or even common folks) traveling within USA don't need to pass customs.

Anyway, the power is discretionary, usually randomly exercised based on hunches or specifically targetted based on tip-offs. Searching Bill Gates, e.g. when he's re-entering US from abroad, is insane, isn't it? This guy got enough money to own poppy field as large as a mid-sized state or hire an army the size of a mid-power country to traffick drug for him if he wants to. Hell, this guy is even too geeky to know how to smoke a cigarette.

Look back at the McCartney example in Japan. They based their actions on intelligence and information. I don't know this Kenny Bee well but I suspect there's some background info that prompted Singapore customs action.

Last edited: