• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hell Minister paid only $8 for bypass due to MediShield

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking bullshit!

This is really too much!!!

My friend went for a bypass 3 years ago and even with insurance and medishield, he still need to cough up to around $800 to $1000 over dollars for the operations and every shit!

But this PAP health minister only need to pay $8 in cash and the rest are deduction from his medishield!

If he says that PAP is really good to Singaporeans, then in future if any Singaporeans needs to go for bypass, asked them to pay less than $300 for operations and every shit in cash and the rest deduct from their medishield.

If not this is all really a big bullshit!!!

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had one uncle who went for heart bypass twice. First time came out alright, second time came out dead and tong tong cheng. Both times "free" in the sense Medishield and Medisave covered everything. But note that he worked for NTUC all his working life, therefore Medishield and Medisave no problem.

The point is, it's not free whether the patient comes out dead or alive. The point is you have enough Medishield, Medisave and cash to cover your bills or not, dead or alive.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
For someone who earns millions for doing practically nothing, talking cock and walking lazily around with hands behind the back when invited for some openings, this midget is now proud of the fact that he has paid only $8 for his bypass. Yup, welcome to paradise if you are a member of the ruling party!

You stupid communist. He said it was paid by a Private Health Insurance Plan!!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For someone who earns millions for doing practically nothing, talking cock and walking lazily around with hands behind the back when invited for some openings, this midget is now proud of the fact that he has paid only $8 for his bypass. Yup, welcome to paradise if you are a member of the ruling party!

My wife went for a surgery and it came up to $30k all in. We paid no cash and $0 from medisave. You know why? Nope we are not a member of PAP nor elite nor civil servant or what LAN cheow you think.We got Medical Insurance. Have you heard of this thing?

Good job for attacking PAP senselessly. CSJ needs you in SDP. Don't join WP please.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife went for a surgery and it came up to $30k all in. We paid no cash and $0 from medisave. You know why? Nope we are not a member of PAP nor elite nor civil servant or what LAN cheow you think.We got Medical Insurance. Have you heard of this thing?

Good job for attacking PAP senselessly. CSJ needs you in SDP. Don't join WP please.

You're well covered. Usually got some loophole between the private cap and medishield deductible.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely over charging. All FTdocs and nurses. You pay first class bills get 3rd class treatment!

S

suicidalpap

no la ... he's still implying ... no moni? f**k off 2 jb ...

Exactly. That's why he said JB medical fees are much, much cheaper. A first world hell minister asking its people to seek treatment in a third word country.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've never reported sick or been hospotalised before when I was in Police, so I have no experience, but I understand all the while it's not totally free. Outpatient report sick at Police Academy medical centre is free. Outpatient report sick at polyclinics has discounts, but not free. Hospitalisation in the line of duty is free. Hospitalisation due to personal illness or injury not in the line of duty has limits according ranks and scales.

Anyone in civil service here can provide any correction or update?

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another PAP rubbish!!!!!

How long does he has to wait for his visit.?

How long does he has to wait for 2nd appointment?

One of my fren had cancer , was given a 3 months next appointment. He know he is running out of time. So lan lan go Mt E.. of course expensive.. end up poorer before he die..

Typical of PAP.. quote an stupid example.. sweep the rest under the carpets..

See how good i am .. see how smart, caring... VOTE for us.. PHUI..

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just be thankful he was honest in confessing he paid just $8 and not the other way round - the hospital paying him $8.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Ho Ching was delivering the next generation emperor, they broken down 2 single rooms and made it into one in NUS. I wonder if Insurance or Medisave paid for the renovations.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When George Bogaars, the late ex Perm Sec retired, he moved to Perth. He would return for free medical. He underwent a number or procedures and it cost a fortune. Old Man got upset and made the move to take away free medical for civil servants.

Those under the old program was offered some sweeteners to convert to new program and the coverage was limited.

It was the same with cars.

The senior echelon however were compensated with higher salaries to offset the loss of privileges. Not so for those in timescale.

That's the puzzle. As a civil serpent and a minister, why should he pay $8. It should be free.:rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When Ho Ching was delivering the next generation emperor, they broken down 2 single rooms and made it into one in NUS. I wonder if Insurance or Medisave paid for the renovations.

Any idea who delivered the baby emperor? Would have thought the whole delivery and check-ups done at Mt E or Thomson Medical. NUH has to be much cheaper.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will be very blunt and honest here. People in the know will always have their babies delivered in KK or NUH. NUH is the preferred. The best and state of the art equipment are there and access is not a problem.

If there are complications with the baby, they will eventually be transferred to NUH.

The gynae I think is Prof Ratnam's nephew who headed the Dept and has since left for the UK. He delivered most of the kids of the cabinet etc.

When it comes to your kid forget about smiles and courtesy, just make sure that you have a place with NUH. It is a teaching hospital and there are more apt at finding solutions.

Its the same reason why the old man is treated at SGH and has nothing to do with security. And wife at TTSH.

Any idea who delivered the baby emperor? Would have thought the whole delivery and check-ups done at Mt E or Thomson Medical. NUH has to be much cheaper.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
"...Mr Khaw also revealed that his out-of-pocket expense for his recent bypass surgery was only S$8.

He said his hospital bill was largely paid by MediShield and a private Shield supplement.

Medisave took care of the bill's co-payment...."

If two soon-to-be 65 year olds suffered heart attacks after just undergoing reservist training and had to undergo identical heart bypass surgeries, the one who is a civil servant will have to, under the Comprehensive Co-Payment Scheme available to civil servants, pay no more than 15% of the bill. The non-civil servant will have to pay 100% of the bill. This is way before any insurance claims for the bills are made.

Let me explain. Sixteen years ago, the medical benefits for civil servants were tweaked. Civil servants had to choose between three medical benefit schemes. They were:

a. Comprehensive Co-Payment Scheme - civil servants pay 15% of their hospital bill

b. Medisave-cum-Subsidised Outpatient Scheme

c. Co-Payment on Ward Charges Scheme​
Based on his $8 out-of-pocket expense, KBW is in all probability, on the first scheme, i.e the Comprehensive Co-Payment Scheme.

If he is, that means Singaporean taxpayers, even those who earn a fraction of his million dollar salary, have footed 85% of his hospitalisation bill.

Khaw needed to pay only the remaining 15% of his hospitalisation bill. Since this has been paid for by the Medisheld, Medishield Plus, etc insurances that he has taken up, that will explain why he needed to pay only $8 from his own pocket.

KBW should have the honesty and decency to reveal this little extra detail and not create the impression that with Medishield and other supplements, medical cost can be extremely affordable for each and every Singaporean.

As I have stated several times before, a half-truth can be a whole lot worse than a full blown lie.

Some additional information below from the 147th Prostitute Press about these medical scheme benefits for civil servants .

Insurance scheme for civil servants who feel new benefits not enough

147th Prostitute Press
18 January 1994

THE Government yesterday took pains to assure civil servants that they are better off with their new medical benefits package as their pay increases are more than enough to cover the extra expense.

But for those who are still worried, they can turn to an NTUC Income low-cos t medical insurance plan.

The Co-Pay Assist plan will pay half their portion of the medical expenses s o that they do not have to pay much more than they did under their old medical benefits package.

Health Minister George Yeo said: "The difference is that they now have a choice whether to take the supplementary insurance and pay the premium, or to save the money and bear the additional costs themselves."

Both he and his Minister of State, Dr Aline Wong, took pains to allay the anxiety of civil servants, who will have to decide which of three medical benefits package to choose from by March 31: * Comprehensive Co-Payment Scheme, (CCS) which requires that they pay 15 per cent of their hospital bill and 40 per cent for dependants. The same limits apply for outpatient treatment.

* Medisave-cum-Subsidised Outpatient Scheme, which gives them 1 per cent mor e in their Medisave, but no hospitalisation benefits. Outpatient treatment is subsidised as for CCS.

* Co-Payment on Ward Charges Scheme, which is the old medical benefits package. Civil servants pay 20 per cent of their own ward charges and 50 per cent for their dependants. This works out to about 7 per cent and 17.5 per cent of total hospital bills respectively. They get free outpatient treatment.

Under the two new schemes, civil servants will continue to enjoy pay rises, while those who opt for the third will have to stick to their old pay scales and enjoy smaller increments.

Dr Wong circulated a series of charts to MPs to show that civil servants' wage increments would more than offset their medical expenses under the CCS.

For example, a Division II male officer with a wife and two children will pay $330 more a year from the higher co-payments.

But he will get at least $400 more in salary, more than enough to offset the higher medical expenses. In fact, nine in 10 civil servants will get at least twice the average amount needed to cover the extra medical expenses for themselves and their dependants.

She also explained that Medishield would help cover most, if not all, of the civil servants' hospital bills, especially those in Division III and IV.

Medishield would only fall short of covering the bills of dependants of Division I and II civil servants, if they stayed in higher class wards.

For them, Co-Pay Assist would be "most worthwhile".

"If people feel that even with basic Medishield, the amount they have to co-pay for the dependants is something that they do not want to bear, they can opt to pay a premium and go on to the NTUC Co-Pay Assist scheme," she said.

She also addressed the concern of civil servants nearing retirement age, assuring them that they too would be well-covered.

Besides the Government footing its share of the bill under CCS, they will be getting 1 per cent more in their Medisave. They can also join Co-Pay Assist, which does not have any age limit.

As for those who now have chronic illnesses, the Public Service Division of the Finance Ministry will consider helping them on a case-by-case basis, she added.

CO-PAY ASSIST SCHEME

* What it is: A voluntary NTUC Income medical insurance plan for civil servants and dependants on the Comprehensive Co-payment Scheme. * How it works: It will pay half of what the civil servants and dependants have to pay out of their own pockets under the new medical benefits package. For example, if a civil servant's hospital bill is $4,000, he has to co-pay 15 per cent, or $600. NTUC Co-pay Assist will pay half of this, or $300. * What it costs: Premiums, to be deducted from salary, depend on the civil servant's ward entitlement, age and state of health. There is no age limit. Standard premiums for B2- and C-class wards range from $3 a year for a civil servant below 30 years of age to $27 for those above 65. * When it starts: It will be ready next month.

'There is a sense of being let down, even a sense of betrayal, to put it very strongly - but that is their own word. But this is not justified. Actually, the Government has every good intention to take care of the medical needs of the civil servants. Their salary increases will fully cover any additional outlays they incur.

"We have made careful calculations and have made sure that the salary increases will more than cover such additional expenses."

- Minister of State for Health Aline Wong, saying civil servants' anxiety over the new medical benefits schemes was understandable.