• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Heaven Sword & Dragon Sabre

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually no offence, I find this current Heaven Sword & Dragon Sabre the worst of all.

The screenplay is lousy, effects are crap. Their fight scene choreographer seems to be someone without any experience. The only saving grace is Jin Yong's storyline.

One of the highlights of the show was when Zhang Wuji was battling against the six sects at Guang ming peak. And if you compare this scene versus the previous editions, you will realise why I say this current version is the worst of all.

jw5

Loyal
Actually no offence, I find this current Heaven Sword & Dragon Sabre the worst of all.

The screenplay is lousy, effects are crap. Their fight scene choreographer seems to be someone without any experience. The only saving grace is Jin Yong's storyline.

One of the highlights of the show was when Zhang Wuji was battling against the six sects at Guang ming peak. And if you compare this scene versus the previous editions, you will realise why I say this current version is the worst of all.
Oh, no offence at all. I was not involved in the China production, hahaha. :smile:
Actually I only liked Su Yong Peng as Zhang Wuji. He put in a very even performance I thought. Much better than Ma Jingtao (I remember his name now) who acted like a whiny crybaby throughout.
In terms of screenplay, effects and choreography, the HK versions are still better.
My favourite fighting scenes include Zhang Wuji battling the six sects at Guang Ming Ding, Zhang Wuji using taichiquan to fight off Zhao Min's henchmen at Wu Dang San and Zhang Wuji fighting the Shaolin monks to try and rescue his godfather. The best scenes were from the Tony Leung version.
Adam Cheng's versions were not bad, but the "technology" was not too advanced then, and some of the scenes were too "manual", if you know what I meant. But I liked Lisa Wang as Zhao Min and Zhao Yazhi as Zhiruo, they were extremely charismatic actresses.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
The story is about much more than just the love triangle. You have to start from the very beginning. :smile:

Oh, no offence at all. I was not involved in the China production, hahaha. :smile:
Actually I only liked Su Yong Peng as Zhang Wuji. He put in a very even performance I thought. Much better than Ma Jingtao (I remember his name now) who acted like a whiny crybaby throughout.
In terms of screenplay, effects and choreography, the HK versions are still better.
My favourite fighting scenes include Zhang Wuji battling the six sects at Guang Ming Ding, Zhang Wuji using taichiquan to fight off Zhao Min's henchmen at Wu Dang San and Zhang Wuji fighting the Shaolin monks to try and rescue his godfather. The best scenes were from the Tony Leung version.
Adam Cheng's versions were not bad, but the "technology" was not too advanced then, and some of the scenes were too "manual", if you know what I meant. But I liked Lisa Wang as Zhao Min and Zhao Yazhi as Zhiruo, they were extremely charismatic actresses.

You can look at this story from many angles and learn quite a few things actually.

1. Wuji was told by his mom not to trust women, but in the end, the one who was most unlikely to be trusted, ie: a Mongolian, Zhao Min, loved him the most. She gave up the most for him, even bore the brunt of misunderstandings for him. If this is not true love, I don't know what is. :p

2. Zhiruo is a real bitch who pretends to be a SYT (shu nu as Xiaxue calls it). If I have a son, I'll warn him against bitches like this, maybe some FLs or WLs act like this? She's prime example that a sweet acting woman can be really scheming inside. Scary. :eek:

3. Course of true love never runs smooth. I think when two people are in love, they should trust each other and one day the truth will come out. There will always be evil people trying to thwart true love, but somehow, love will prevail. Yah romantic huh? :p:wink::smile:

4. People can learn from history and other people's phobias, but your own situation is always unique. Like how Wuji's mom told him not to trust women, but Zhao Min who loved him proved her wrong by going all out for her guy. We can say self sacrificing girls do exist but they can be rare. :smile:

zafette

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are the main differences?

a lot. overall storyline is in the drama serials, but there are many details and side-stories that werent shown. but tts the thing with jin yong's novels; the side-stories are as interesting as the main plot, if not more so.

for example, y hu qing niu (tt ming jiao's physician) is so anti treating non-ming jiao members. in the novel he died instead of escaping frm tt jin hua po po.

every jin yong's novel has a theme. for Yi Tian, it is about zhang wuji's you rou gua duan ways of handling relationships. for Shen Diao, it is abt devoted love.

Z

Zombie

Nobody mentioned 吴启华 version?

dargon_1.jpg

http://www.tvb.com/tvbi/program/sword_sabre/index.html

jw5

Loyal
You can look at this story from many angles and learn quite a few things actually.

1. Wuji was told by his mom not to trust women, but in the end, the one who was most unlikely to be trusted, ie: a Mongolian, Zhao Min, loved him the most. She gave up the most for him, even bore the brunt of misunderstandings for him. If this is not true love, I don't know what is. :p

2. Zhiruo is a real bitch who pretends to be a SYT (shu nu as Xiaxue calls it). If I have a son, I'll warn him against bitches like this, maybe some FLs or WLs act like this? She's prime example that a sweet acting woman can be really scheming inside. Scary. :eek:

3. Course of true love never runs smooth. I think when two people are in love, they should trust each other and one day the truth will come out. There will always be evil people trying to thwart true love, but somehow, love will prevail. Yah romantic huh? :p:wink::smile:

4. People can learn from history and other people's phobias, but your own situation is always unique. Like how Wuji's mom told him not to trust women, but Zhao Min who loved him proved her wrong by going all out for her guy. We can say self sacrificing girls do exist but they can be rare. :smile:
Zhiruo was a victim of circumstances. She was raised by an evil womanwho became her teacher - Mie Jie Shi Tai and she became like that at the end because she felt guilty about her teacher's death and promised her teacher that she would learn the skills and rule the pugilistic world.
Don't forget that Zhiruo was a fisherman's daughter, who became an orphan and was saved by Zhang Sanfeng. She was the one who cooked porridge for Wuji when he was very ill and persuaded him to eat. Wuji knew her long before she became bad and long before he met ZhaoMin, Xiaozhao or even his cousin Yinli.

jw5

Loyal
a lot. overall storyline is in the drama serials, but there are many details and side-stories that werent shown. but tts the thing with jin yong's novels; the side-stories are as interesting as the main plot, if not more so.

for example, y hu qing niu (tt ming jiao's physician) is so anti treating non-ming jiao members. in the novel he died instead of escaping frm tt jin hua po po.

every jin yong's novel has a theme. for Yi Tian, it is about zhang wuji's you rou gua duan ways of handling relationships. for Shen Diao, it is abt devoted love.
The common themes are chivalry, loyalty, integrity, friendship, kinship, etc. :smile:
It was explained in the series that huqingniu was a loyal Ming sect member whose child died because a non Ming sect physician refused to treat her, if I remember correctly. He also died in the series.
In my opinion, Yi Tian is not just about Wuji's indecisiveness about love. There are many other side plots, including GoldenLion King's story, Yang Xiao and Buhui, Zhang Sanfeng's story, Cheng Kun's story, the battle for supremacy in the Ming sect, the revolution against the Monghuls, the Wu Dang brothers, etcetc. Many many interesting subplots. :smile:

zafette

Alfrescian
Loyal
The common themes are chivalry, loyalty, integrity, friendship, kinship, etc. :smile:
It was explained in the series that huqingniu was a loyal Ming sect member whose child died because a non Ming sect physician refused to treat her, if I remember correctly. He also died in the series.
In my opinion, Yi Tian is not just about Wuji's indecisiveness about love. There are many other side plots, including GoldenLion King's story, Yang Xiao and Buhui, Zhang Sanfeng's story, Cheng Kun's story, the battle for supremacy in the Ming sect, the revolution against the Monghuls, the Wu Dang brothers, etcetc. Many many interesting subplots. :smile:

hu qingniu din die in the series. he n his wifey feigned death n managed to escape frm tt old woman. wuji erected the fake tombs. in the novel itself, hu qingniu din wan to treat non-ming jiao coz when he was younger, he was 'betrayed' by his gd fren (huashan pai's xian yu tong or smth). hu qing niu's sis was killed by tis gd fren after making her preg n ditched her for the huashan pai's chief's daughter coz he wanted to b the nxt chief of huashan pai. tts y hu qingniu bore a grudge towards all 'zheng pai' sects.

then there was the part abt ji xiaofu saving one of the mingjiao's monk n the plain evilness of her shijie ming jun.

actually all the sideplots were quite detailed in the novel. as for the sideplots summarised on tv screens, u can take wif a pinch of salt.

jin yong's novels were nt really meant for 'common themes'. each book has a specific impt theme tt he emphasised on. n in Yi Tian, it is abt zhang wu ji hving gai shi wu gong yet indecisive handling rls, in contrast to his earlier book on devotion n ever-lasting love in Shen Diao. tts y i think su you peng was gd in tt role. his 'weakling' and 'cowardly' ways of handling rls was the closest to the novel itself.

u go n read the novels. u wun bother to watch the drama serials after that. those are oni for the dumb aunties.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
...But some of the China actors looked out of place and I really don't like the actor who plays Yang Xiao...

The Yang Xiao guy is the same guy acted as the emperor on Huan Zhu Ge Ge. I don't like him neither.

Anyway, I don't like Zhang Wu Ji simply because he is to wishy washy. I would prefer Ling Hu Chong from Xiao Au Jiang Hu.

Btw, don't know why but I kind of fell in love with the Zhao Min girl, very cute.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>But some of the China actors looked out of place and I really don't like the actor who plays Yang Xiao.<<<

If I am not wrong, he is Zhang Tielin (張鐵林). He's starred as Emperor Qian Long in My Fair Princess I & II (还珠格格)... He's quite plump actually...

The wuxia drama you are showing is the 2002-3 version, a joint production consisted of CCTV (Mainland China), TTV (Taiwan) and Mediacorp (Singapore).

10f9d5a4ba3.jpg

From left: Zhou Zhiruo, Xiao Zhao, Zhao Min, Yin Li

Anyone watching the China production currently showing at 11pm on channel 8?
It includes Phyliss Quek as Yin Susu and Florence Tan as Xiao Zhao.
In my opinion, Su Yongpeng is one of the better Zhang Wujis so far. Adam Cheng really looked too old, Tony Leung seemed out of place, and the guy in the Taiwan production (Ma something) was too whiny.
But some of the China actors looked out of place and I really don't like the actor who plays Yang Xiao.
Heaven Sword is still one of my favourite stories and series, I like it even better than Condor Heroes. Can't stand hearing Yang Guo running around shouting "Gu Gu, Gu Gu". :smile:

Last edited:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
倚天屠龙记-随遇而安-黄霑台视1993 主题曲
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddZksk_596E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddZksk_596E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like this version best.
剑伴谁在-梅艳芳 梁朝伟-倚天屠龙记主题歌
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3_-3Nx4G2bA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3_-3Nx4G2bA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2003 Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 倚天屠龙记 新加坡连续剧开头曲 (Singapore dramas opening theme)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rrlijZQaru8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rrlijZQaru8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>