• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Heaven Sword & Dragon Sabre

jw5

Loyal
Anyone watching the China production currently showing at 11pm on channel 8?
It includes Phyliss Quek as Yin Susu and Florence Tan as Xiao Zhao.
In my opinion, Su Yongpeng is one of the better Zhang Wujis so far. Adam Cheng really looked too old, Tony Leung seemed out of place, and the guy in the Taiwan production (Ma something) was too whiny.
But some of the China actors looked out of place and I really don't like the actor who plays Yang Xiao.
Heaven Sword is still one of my favourite stories and series, I like it even better than Condor Heroes. Can't stand hearing Yang Guo running around shouting "Gu Gu, Gu Gu". :smile:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In my opinion, Su Yongpeng is one of the better Zhang Wujis so far. Adam Cheng really looked too old, Tony Leung seemed out of place, and the guy in the Taiwan production (Ma something) was too whiny.
But some of the China actors looked out of place and I really don't like the actor who plays Yang Xiao.
Heaven Sword is still one of my favourite stories and series, I like it even better than Condor Heroes. Can't stand hearing Yang Guo running around shouting "Gu Gu, Gu Gu". :smile:

Phyllis Quek and Maria Ozawa. Macham twins.

zafette

Alfrescian
Loyal
none of the versions shown on tv is even close to the novel actually. the novel is a must-read.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about Uncle Yap's Sabre?

http://sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=134157&postcount=22

4c662363.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

i think Jin Yong's novels are generally very good, i like the tian long ba bu bestest because of the elderly monk who sweeps the floor at the library :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't care about the guys, I like 賈靜雯 (who acts as Zhao Min), she is sweet :biggrin:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love watching Alyssa Chia, even though I dun think she's suited for the role of Zhao Min at all.

alyssa_chia_2.jpg

15095140758190l.jpg

jw5

Loyal
i think Jin Yong's novels are generally very good, i like the tian long ba bu bestest because of the elderly monk who sweeps the floor at the library :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I don't like tian long ba bu because I cannot forget watching Ken Tong act as the bumbling hero who could fire lasers from his fingers! :smile:
But I really like the Heaven Sword story, it's not just a love story but about how people can change with circumstances and environmental influences and about chivary, friendship and honour.

jw5

Loyal
I enjoy watching Zhao Ming and Zhou Zi Ruo vying for the same lover. That is what makes the whole show interesting.
The story is about much more than just the love triangle. You have to start from the very beginning. :smile: