• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB to build BTO flats for singles - Happy boh?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
More Housing Board (HDB) flats are being built just for singles, revealed National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan in Parliament yesterday.

Mr Khaw said he had planned to wind down the rapid rollout of new Built-To-Order (BTO) flats of the past two years. With the Government looking into the possibility of allowing singles to purchase BTO flats, however, he has "deliberately ramped it up a little bit higher in order to cater for singles".

HDB said last month that the total supply of BTO flats this year will hit a record 27,000.

More details to come.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The current units are already getting smaller by area size. If it's designed for singles I bet it will be shoebox sized. What will owners do if they want to get married & have children:confused:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought my current HDB under joint tenancy, hopefully I can transfer ownership to just my parents so that I can buy new unit under single scheme... Earn some $$$!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They should design it in a way that single will mingle easily. every floor will have equal number of men and women. No 7-11 nearby but have vending machine selling liquior.

Surely will increase birthrate.

Remember govt trying to cut down on shoebox size private apartment? I hope they did that not because they want do it instead.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should design it in a way that single will mingle easily. every floor will have equal number of men and women. No 7-11 nearby but have vending machine selling liquior.

Surely will increase birthrate.

Better if they throw a theme party once a month.

Ladies throw their keys to their houses with the apartment number written into a bowl. Then the guys will pick randomly.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought my current HDB under joint tenancy, hopefully I can transfer ownership to just my parents so that I can buy new unit under single scheme... Earn some $$$!

If you are buying to retire I foresee many problems in Spore. It will be crowded, expensive, increasing crime, stressful living, etc

It may be smarter to make plans to stay in JB & rent out your Spore property. You will definitely save $$$ from cheaper water, utilities, food, ... etc

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No thank you.

1) Every HDB flat purchased channels plenty of money to feed the worthless shits in the govt.

2) You'll be saddled with debt.

3) New flats are very small and induce claustrophobia. I've been to some housewarming parties... I know.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Better if they throw a theme party once a month.

Ladies throw their keys to their houses with the apartment number written into a bowl. Then the guys will pick randomly.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. what theme party leh!
3. orgies mah if sinkies can bonk properly.
4. just make sure that your immediate neighbour is no sadplumpgal or our sbf bitch/cunt!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The current units are already getting smaller by area size. If it's designed for singles I bet it will be shoebox sized. What will owners do if they want to get married & have children:confused:

PAP will these singles who want to get married n have kids to Upgrade to a bigger flat..

Upgrade means more money for the PAP..

Upgrade means more debts for these Sinkies..

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
More Housing Board (HDB) flats are being built just for singles, revealed National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan in Parliament yesterday.

Mr Khaw said he had planned to wind down the rapid rollout of new Built-To-Order (BTO) flats of the past two years. With the Government looking into the possibility of allowing singles to purchase BTO flats, however, he has "deliberately ramped it up a little bit higher in order to cater for singles".

HDB said last month that the total supply of BTO flats this year will hit a record 27,000.

More details to come.

seem that khaw is always slapping on MBT's face :biggrin:

his policy is different from MBT, so... if khaw is right, that means MBT was not doing his job when he was in office... why KHAW never blame MBT ??:rolleyes:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All even number address to single male and all odd number address to single female. At end of year, 105 tie the knot.:eek:

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal

More details to come.

First they stop building HDBs to cater to potential demands by introducing the BTO scheme, building to actual demands.

Then property prices soared partially due to a supply not being able to keep up with demand and they react by building based on some finger in the air approach.

Now that they project there could potentially be excess units, they'll tweak the rules again to benefit them.

And I predict that all they've done to address Singapore's housing will be a lost cause.

In the very first place, HDBs are built with taxpayer's monies, they should never be allowed to be traded on the open market, sold to PRs or rented out.

Allowing public housing to be traded on the open market especially when supplies are limited will only cause prices to go one way (up) affecting those who are in need of public housing and benefiting those who don't need it. And why should PRs be allowed to purchase public housing? I am not aware of any countries in the world where PRs are entitled to purchase public housing built with taxpayers monies. And also, if you need to rent your unit out, you obviously don't need it or don't need a unit that large hence depriving someone who's in greater need.

melissamarietan

Alfrescian
Loyal
That’s good news to singles that Government is offering hdb flats but are they increasing the price that is the question… because even if houses are built like shoe boxes the prices are increases every year. But a good start for the singles.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It may be smarter to make plans to stay in JB & rent out your Spore property. You will definitely save $$$ from cheaper water, utilities, food, ... etc

Several of my friends are already doing this. In fact, one did so in the late 80s. Rented his Woodlands flat out. Found out when I asked him why he was always in office by 7.30am.

UncleTOBY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have been saying that for a long time and yet the singles are not well considered as the single policy never is flexible, so it's a catch 22 situation for them. Getting from the resale market has always been the norm.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
seem that khaw is always slapping on MBT's face :biggrin:

his policy is different from MBT, so... if khaw is right, that means MBT was not doing his job when he was in office... why KHAW never blame MBT ??:rolleyes:

Imo, Khaw can never go wrong if he implements whatever MBT didn't.