• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hawker centre patrons harassed & coerced to return trays

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is tissue reservation considered good manners and habit? This type of manners usually done by women, we should abolish it, it's a public seats, no one have the rights o reserve it.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is tissue reservation also good manners and habit? This type of manners usually done by women, we should abolish it, it's a public seats, no one have the rights o reserve it.

Nearby my house the HC........got 6 seaters table........some fucking couples always like to sit in the center seats facing each other....effectively monopolising the entire table.......i always squeeze myself next to the girl.......sure lan lan make them shift their butts

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is tissue reservation considered good manners and habit? This type of manners usually done by women, we should abolish it, it's a public seats, no one have the rights o reserve it.

hi there

1. ak, there were some well-heeled gals did the same thing in tuas.
2. not too long ago.
3. tuas being the place where even rats refuse to come in, no "rules" apply hoh!
4. foreign workers during the same lunchtime literally throw away those tissue packets.
5. and totally ignore those gals when the latter return to the same table after getting food.
6. honest, it was so "interesting" seeing city-folk office workers vs individuals from tuas.
7. hoot!
8. i was seated one table away and laughed lol literally:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. bro, no offence.
2.what society?
3. just a herd of dafter sheep hoh:biggrin:
4. we do have some here in sbf:p

1. None taken.
2. The one that recites the pledge, pays taxes, and whose male members commit to NS.
3. Blessed are the Black ones.
4. Especially those who are writing in from their work desk!

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo, better to inculcate good habits, civic conciousness over state "enforcement" -latter may give cause to over zealousness and misunderstandings (aggro like replay here).

Just noticed that trays/trolley spots (in west coast hawker centre) are grotty areas without running tap water and proper disposal containers. Oh well, still evolving

My mudder taught me always to say "please" and "thank you" to others. First day of school in Primary One, after borrowing eraser from guy sitted next to me, I said "thank you", and he punched me in the mouth. Many years later in Primary Six, I learnt to say KNNB. Should have learnt that earlier.

Cheers!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after borrowing eraser from guy sitted next to me, I said "thank you", and he punched me in the mouth. Many years later in Primary Six, I learnt to say KNNB.
Which reminds me of 1 sinkie fellow who moved to a new posting in N Jersey. Over here we say "rubber", and he innocently asked his new yank PA: You got a rubber :p? Lucky he was a newbie else kena sexual harrasment.

But I digress, back to food scraps and trays :wink:

GOONDUSAMI

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Its a good move by Vivian. People who cannot be gracious ought to be harassed to become Gracious! Shame them! Thats good!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
personally, i think the tray is just an extra item that not needed. why need a tray when only buying a plate of chicken rice? just put the small dish of chilli & the fork spoon on the rice plate and carry by one hand make more sense. if i one person, i dun use tray no matter what i buy. only use the damned tray when buying for family.

1) Sometimes you are buying more than one item. Trays make it easier to carry the food to your table.

2) Some of the food are big bowls of soupy stuff, which may be hot to handle. You can't carry those with your bare hands.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's simply a vicious cycle. If sinkies are notorious for being ill-mannered, inconsiderate and selfish, will a gentle approach work? Signs for people to stand at one side of an MRT escalator do not work. Signs on MRT trains telling people that certain seats are for those who are old and inform, do not work.

It seems that being shouted at and embarrassed in public is the only thing that works.

EagleRanger

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Tampines Town Council is just besides the Round Market and the Orange-T-shirts being briefed must have been briefed there.
If the patrons put the utensils to the drop-off box, got any rebates on conservation charges or not? Not have, then why bother.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I would consider returning of trays at Food Courts a basic human show of consideration and good habit. Things like that should be taught at home, just like cleanliness and non-littering. When it is enforced by State authorities - there is something wrong with the society.

Cheers!

Agree with you whole heartedly bro..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Tampines Town Council is just besides the Round Market and the Orange-T-shirts being briefed must have been briefed there.
If the patrons put the utensils to the drop-off box, got any rebates on conservation charges or not? Not have, then why bother.

Yes follow white scums example....no money no talk
Got discount? Got rebates bo? NTUC points also can....
No monetary incentive? Knn who the fuck want to return tray?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I don't see the problem-just boycott the damn food court/centre with such ridiculous rules.
Customers can vote with their feet.
There are 2 chicken rice stalls near my house-both cost and taste almost the same.I always go to the stall that serve rather than the one where I have to queue.

Anyway Tampines residents have no cause to complain-they relected the goon who make housing unaffordable for locals.Just like the 60% who asked for spurs to be on their hides.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway Tampines residents have no cause to complain-they relected the goon who make housing unaffordable for locals.Just like the 60% who asked for spurs to be on their hides.

That is precisely it. People get what they voted for.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) Sometimes you are buying more than one item. Trays make it easier to carry the food to your table.

2) Some of the food are big bowls of soupy stuff, which may be hot to handle. You can't carry those with your bare hands.

more than 1 items maybe need tray but must see what type of food.

most hawker use plastic bowl which are good insulator of heat. as long it not those thin porcelin bowl. i have no problem. i had been a hawker assistant while i was 10yo so i know what i am doing.