• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Having Your Photo Taken

jw5

Loyal
Do we have any rights if we don't want our photo to be taken by someone without our consent?
Nowadays, it seems that there are lots of people taking photos of people with their handphones or disposable cameras. Sometimes, they do it deliberately. Sometimes they do it just because you happened to be in the way in a crowded place, like a restaurant or train.
In such cases, do we have any legal rights to not want our photo taken? Can we take away their cameras? Can we report to the police or engage a lawyer to take some legal action?
Any comments or experiences to share?

PAP_Junta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do we have any rights if we don't want our photo to be taken by someone without our consent?
Nowadays, it seems that there are lots of people taking photos of people with their handphones or disposable cameras. Sometimes, they do it deliberately. Sometimes they do it just because you happened to be in the way in a crowded place, like a restaurant or train.
In such cases, do we have any legal rights to not want our photo taken? Can we take away their cameras? Can we report to the police or engage a lawyer to take some legal action?

So? Welcome to barbaric Ah-Beng-land! You have NO RIGHTS here.

PAP's rule said.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You all want freedom of speech PAP give you one in STOMP..ppl free to express themselves now like a wile child, you complaint they took the picture you want ur rights..freedom of speech and rights cannot co exist right?

fat bear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes we have the right for our photo not being taken by anybody. Now a days camera was so easily get many people forgot the rules of photography.

If someone took our photo or just a snap shot without our concern. Even a person take photo when we just pass by if the picture contain enough percentage of face which can tell who is it. we can ask them to delete that photo.

Last time when we are still using film we can ask then to sent the film to develop and see the film the we cut cut the film and destory it, but you must follow him through out the process.

We cannot take his camera or his film.

If that person refuse we can call the police to help too.

Even media footage we can also ask them not to show our image in the TV.

Last time I just walk pass a camera shoot interview with other people without knowing it. I just stop the interview and ask the camera man to delete the shot which contain my image. They do as I told too. Before going off I even took down their name and all the inform of when the film will be put on air them later give them a warning if my face is shown on the TV I will have the rights to take legal action on them.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
eh didn't they already clarify that as long as you are in a public area there is no law against your picture been taken?