• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Has your company started..

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Streamlining? That is retrenching, pay freezes and cuts, recruitment freezes?

Mine has. Dozens were retrenched and many are facing imminent retrenchments. The rest are facing pay cuts.

With DBS starting the trend, I see many companies following suit, making use of the opportunity to let go.:mad:

Golden period indeed..

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mine has. Dozens were retrenched and many are facing imminent retrenchments. The rest are facing pay cuts.

With DBS starting the trend, I see many companies following suit, making use of the opportunity to let go.:mad:

Golden period indeed..

DBS didnt start the trend. It already started way before DBS.

For example, Motorola has recently chopped almost a thousand from their Toa Payoh plant. A semiconductor manufacturer has also done the same. Companies in Tuas have been retrenching. Pay cuts are already very rampant in many companies, with many employees facing the prospect of zero bonuses this year end.

The Straits Times article about the likelihood of people still getting big bonuses is misleading; it is intended to build public confidence and to paint a positive picture of S'pore doing better than other countries -- to make the PAP gahmen look good. They have a Nation-building job to do, the Straits Times. Of course, some companies will still be giving out bonuses albeit smaller ones, but you can bet your HDB flat that most are not. And this is just the beginning...

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their kind of reporting is bullshitting. Using words like likelihood possible or probably cannot be empirically confirmed. Sample PAP bonus receiving GLCs of course accurate, but not reflective of population. This is 1965 lying. Does not work anymore. Fear? You push people to the wall, the victimized becomes 10 times more vicious than the small time bully. It is coming now at every place near you.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Golden period indeed..

GCT will be happy to see that. Remember he once said that he would be worried if Singapore has no unemployment?

woohoohoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
my company still hiring... still good bonuses and increments.... thank god we're in a recession resilient industry

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The civil service is the best. They are being well fed, well shelter and with bonus assured. It's a matter of more or less.

Though life is a bit dull and just follow the rules kind of life, some body still think it is worth.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Golden period indeed..

You are in manufacturing or retail or?

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Errr.. No, not yet, we have not started.....

Or, rather, should I put it this way, I have not started because we are still doing a ok.......

Golden period indeed..

pfingo

Alfrescian
Loyal
no more newspaper adverts 4 mine company rely on 'back door' entry or staff recommend (got incentive)

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Errr.. No, not yet, we have not started.....

Or, rather, should I put it this way, I have not started because we are still doing a ok.......

You should plan to retrench PAP mole in SBF who worshipped their "idol" for golden period all the time.:biggrin:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Golden period indeed..

The pap media will re-word retrenchment soon... changing terms means solving problem in pap mentality... ostrich style...