• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Happy to Call Perth Home, Permanently

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Soubhagya Das is talented. He goes to Australia on temporary business visa and eventually become a PR.

Indians should also go to Perth because they say "In Perth, we've been welcomed with open arms".

Happy to Call Perth Home, Permanently

It's been a long time since petroleum engineer, Soubhagya Das, left his original home in Odissa, India, to build a better life overseas for his family.

After a stint in Canada, Soubhagya worked in Norway before an online advertisement lured him to one of Australia's largest oil and gas companies.

He arrived in Australia with his family on a temporary business (long stay) subclass 457 visa.

It didn't take the family long to decide Perth was the place they wanted to call home. Soubhagya was sponsored by his employer under the Employer Nomination Scheme in 2005.

The Western Australian energy industry employs many overseas staff in both the technical and managerial levels. 'Everything with my application went very smoothly,' Soubhagya said.

'There were no obstacles.'

Soubhagya said his experience of working in Australia has been all positive.

'I have been working with a highly competent, highly skilled work force who can take on any challenge,' he said.

Soubhagya's wife is a computer science graduate and has worked as a teacher.

She has chosen not to work in Australia yet but Soubhagya is confident she'll be able to find suitable work when the time is right.

'Perth is a wonderful place to live,' Soubhagya said.

'Even though it's small enough, with one million people, it's still cosmopolitan. I can drive anywhere in half an hour. I could never do that where I lived before. There is so much to do here and so much opportunity.'

Soubhagya is equally happy when it comes to education.

'My children went to an international school in Norway which was very expensive,' Soubhagya said.

'Now they're receiving an equivalent standard of education in a Perth public school. It's fantastic. They play team sports like soccer and cricket and are both very good.

'In Norway, the foreign community kept very much to itself. In Perth, we've been welcomed with open arms. Everyone has been cordial and kind. Everyone in my family is happy we moved to Australia.'

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Soubhagya Das is talented. He goes to Australia on temporary business visa and eventually become a PR.

Indians should also go to Perth because they say "In Perth, we've been welcomed with open arms".

In the local oil & gas industry, he should be earning at least $250,000 as an engineer. Good for him, sponsored by his company.

As for those kelings landing in Singapore, only Singaporeans will want them.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A quick google search you would have got

http://www.linkedin.com/profile?authType=name&authToken=z6Mu&locale=en_US&viewProfile=&key=4990877

That's blue ribbon resume / experiences also very clear why he deserves what he gets.

You can take singaporean out of singapore , but you cant take out the PAP cork out of thier arse.

Typical singaporean losers still stuck up about ah neh / ah tiong / m&d .

Singaporeans think too highly of themselves.

HK used to call the mainlanders poor cousins. But in 10 years time, Shanghai will overtake HK as the main financial centre.
Singaporeans should learn from what happen there, "Wind-water wheel changes constantly", if Singapore continue to be in its HOLDING pattern, it will lose out,

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
uk is sri lankans the biggest....canada i think its the punjabs

So many Indians - punjabis inclusive, that the local celebrities are also neh neh. Yes, come to Vancouver because it is dangerously delicious :biggrin:

4447260092_1a02536c4c_o.jpg

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many Indians - punjabis inclusive, that the local celebrities are also neh neh. Yes, come to Vancouver because it is dangerously delicious[/IMG]

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: This picture looks funny, more of the bollywood hero style. Good one Wendy.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: but just curious here. Why do you hate Canada so much?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australians living in prosperous times, says CommSec From: AAP March 22, 2010 4:48AM

AUSTRALIANS have never had it so good.

Commonwealth Securities chief economist Craig James says a new measurement tool launched today shows that Australians are indeed living in prosperous times.

The CommSec National Performance Gauge stood at a record high at the end of 2009, rising four per cent over the past year when other countries were trying to cope with global financial crisis.

While the recent Australian Bureau of Statistics national accounts data showed Australia outperformed the rest of the world in 2009, the data indicates how the broader economy fared rather than individuals.

"The CommSec National Performance Gauge attempts to fill the void by focusing on issues that matter to ordinary Aussies," Mr James said.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
"That is, financial decisions like buying a car or house, filling up the car with petrol, the state of the job market, wages and confidence levels."

The CommSec gauge has seven measures:

- Income per head

- Retailing spending per head

- Unemployment

- Consumer confidence

- Number of weeks to buy a car

- Number of weeks to pay the average monthly mortgage repayment

- Litres of petrol that can be purchased on the average wage.

The starting point for the gauge is 1987.

Over the past decade, the CommSec gauge has increased by just over 10 per cent.

"While the standard of living of ordinary Australians has lifted over time, those who have done best have been those holding assets such as shares and houses," Mr James said.

Adding shares and house prices to the index - the CommSec National Performance Gauge Plus - this shows a 42 per cent jump over the past 10 years.

The gauge shows that car affordability is the strongest in 35 years, taking a person on the average wage just under 30 weeks to buy a new Ford Falcon, down from 36 weeks five years ago.

You can also buy just over 1,000 litres of petrol per week on the average wage, a gain of seven per cent over the same five-year period.

During that time, income per head has increased by six per cent and retail spending has risen seven per cent.

And while there are gripes about rising home lending rates, the gauge shows it takes a worker on the average wage 1.58 weeks to make the monthly repayment on an average mortgage, similar to levels of five years ago.

Among the states and territories, the ACT tops the gauge's ranking, followed by Western Australia and Tasmania.

The country's two most populous states, NSW and Victoria, came seventh and eighth, respectively.

Mr James admits it is difficult to accurately compare different periods of time.

"Many, perhaps fondly, remember the simpler times of the 1950s and 1960s. And some people would prefer that interest rates were lower or perhaps jobs were more plentiful.

"But in terms of general economic well-being, you would be hard pressed to fault the current times."

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: This picture looks funny, more of the bollywood hero style. Good one Wendy.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: but just curious here. Why do you hate Canada so much?

This is where people got it all wrong. I don't hate Canada. But Canada is not the paradise that some people will tell Singaporeans. They go to the extremes to persuade Singaporeans to come here with false or misleading information.

I seek to correct that by giving Singaporean the actual facts about Canada. By letting Singaporeans know what they face before they come, they are better prepared and have a higher chance of settling successfully in Canada. :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I seek to correct that by giving Singaporean the actual facts about Canada. By letting Singaporeans know what they face before they come, they are better prepared and have a higher chance of settling successfully in Canada. :biggrin:

There is only one paradise on Earth - Singapore. But to anjoy this paradise, you need to be connected to one of the powerful families such as Mr Lee (politics), Mr Wee (banker), etc.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possibly if you were to act as her one night husband. :biggrin:

Walau eh.. pls dont insult my honourable Ho.. no one can ever replace her or accomplish her goals.. - investing billions on negative equities.. obtaining negative returns...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
axe168 said:
Walau eh.. QUOTE]

(This posting is offensive to some, so no names mentioned, I see it as a play on wOrds)

She is the hole problem with the L Family.
Don't fall into her man-hole. It has already burnt a red hole in Temasick. :biggrin: