• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

happy new year

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too often we heard about Vatican, about this pastor, that pastor...about the people from 'the church here', 'the church there'.....sorry....I don't care about those people in the Vatican, those people from 'the church.' I am basing my faith on those people mentioned in the Bible, of the finished work of Jesus on the cross. If you are serious about what Vatican, what Roman Catholism is all about, there are alot in the internet. All I can say, factually speaking, this is one of the most well-established and yet the most dispersed MNC organizations but it has very great influence on the international politics and country leaders. This organization is one of the riches. It is one of the biggest landowners in most countries it operates. Is this biblical? So, say ok...we respect them; so say no, we respect them...and of course I say no, this is not biblical. So, please note that Vatican and their practices do no represent all Christians.

even if you deny that the current christianities are different from the vatican, you still have to acknowledge that all the current various factions are branched out from the main vatican that was sanctioned by the first christian emperor. apples didnt fall far from the tree.

and if you did say that you take the words and characters literally from the bible, how can you overcome the senseless violence that god and his prophets exhibited throughout the OT? remmeber the guy who picked the firewood on sabbath and he was stoned to death for violation of the sabbath, even in the world of chaos, violence, hunger, diseases etc.. god is so concerned about sabbath?

howabout the village that came out to see the ark of convanent? but was slaughtered for gazing on the ark which god forbid people to see, total casuality? 50,000.

howabout flooding the whole frigging world to kill everyone off? "oh, but they were evil." says who? if god is perfect and all powerful and can see into the future, he know that killing everyone off and let noah procreated onward, there will be sinners..and he will destory everyone again.

what about the canaanities? "oh god say we can take the land. so we went in and kill everyone there and take possession." can we do that today? is that morally incorrect?

can you take side with god and condone all the killings as described in the bible? if yo do, then where is your moral stance? will you stand with Hitler and his concentration camp? are you simply blalantly ignoring the killing facts and still la-di-da pressing the Ignore button and continue to overlook the vast murders that had been committed in the OT, the vaticans, and all the crimes committed in the name of religions?

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps, another analogy I can give - you may think this is a bad one, but it doesn't bother me - if God exists and so perfect, why He created a person like me.....so terrible, so horrible...surely God cannot exist and I cannot be created by God otherwise how come I am so terrible, so horrible......I think of nothing but evil continuously, I hate my enemies; I am rude to my parents; I am unforgiving....cannot mah, right?...where got such God? Oh, so just because you are so teribble and horrible, than the world should be devoid of God? And oh, just because theere are 'pastors' who are so horrible, so terrible, than there is no God.

mate, you have been sold the same lies just like what pap and our society had sold to us;

im not sure what generation you belong to, but in my generation, families, govt, officials, teachers, military has nothing good to say to you or about you.
why? if they can turn you psychologically to think that you are inferior and you need their "advices", then who has the power and domain over you?

did pap say to singaporeans; "oh you are mature and educated, i let you have free speeches, i let you have access to tertiary education, i let you do whatever you want to within the boundary of law."

no, it is a domineering force that practise oppression, absolute control. how many of the current citizens fear to vote for the opposition because someone told them that their vote is not secret and you can get demoted, pass over promotion, no pay rise, etc because you vote for the opposition? is this how you want to live your live?

i had been suckered to believe that i was sinful in the past, pastors preached of "woe is you who is sinful but god save u?" so i need to grovel at their feets and surrender my logic and reasoning?

absolutely not, now i have drop off all things religious, i can see how a bunch of lies that these religions are selling to us.

that is why ONLY 20% OF THE SINGAPOREANS HAVE ACCESS TO TERTIARY EDUCATION!!

to these control son****b*****, LKY didnt want too many intellects in singapore, he had said before, intellect people are difficult to control. Remember marxist plot? tang liang hong's chinese chavanist case? francis seow? tan wah piao? JB jeya? Dr Chee? are they easy to control? LKY had sought to destory their lives completely! same thing with religions.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
mate, you have been sold the same lies just like what pap and our society had sold to us;

im not sure what generation you belong to, but in my generation, families, govt, officials, teachers, military has nothing good to say to you or about you.
why? if they can turn you psychologically to think that you are inferior and you need their "advices", then who has the power and domain over you?

did pap say to singaporeans; "oh you are mature and educated, i let you have free speeches, i let you have access to tertiary education, i let you do whatever you want to within the boundary of law."

no, it is a domineering force that practise oppression, absolute control. how many of the current citizens fear to vote for the opposition because someone told them that their vote is not secret and you can get demoted, pass over promotion, no pay rise, etc because you vote for the opposition? is this how you want to live your live?

i had been suckered to believe that i was sinful in the past, pastors preached of "woe is you who is sinful but god save u?" so i need to grovel at their feets and surrender my logic and reasoning?

absolutely not, now i have drop off all things religious, i can see how a bunch of lies that these religions are selling to us.

that is why ONLY 20% OF THE SINGAPOREANS HAVE ACCESS TO TERTIARY EDUCATION!!

to these control son****b*****, LKY didnt want too many intellects in singapore, he had said before, intellect people are difficult to control. Remember marxist plot? tang liang hong's chinese chavanist case? francis seow? tan wah piao? JB jeya? Dr Chee? are they easy to control? LKY had sought to destory their lives completely! same thing with religions.

You are simply to narrow in your opinion...topic like this...existence of God, Is Bible reliable, etc...cannot be just confined to only Singapore.

Further you seem to hold very high regard to people like Richard Hawking...what happen one day he threw you a bombshell and say: Yes. There is God and I believe in Jesus. What is next to you? Oh Richard Hawking is right...let me follow him and believe in Jesus? Will you? So your faith is determined by what Richard Hawking and some scientists tell you?

A true-Bible believing Christian's faith must be purely from what the Bible teaches and not what Richard Hawking, Fishbuff teach.

I am no church history expert and one doesn't need this knowledge to know God. Whether today's Christianity was the result of Vatican or not doesn't mean anything to me. It's the word of God, the Bible, its Jesus, His apostles that collectively tell me that God is real; Jesus is real; we need the Blood of the Lamb to redeem us from eternal damnation, certainly not today's pastors, deacons, pastor-cum-magician, pastor-cum-his private jet, missionaries in first world countries, missionaries in 3rd world countries; they are all irrelevant to my faith and my believe.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
just.....1 question..

donkey of years ago i read about this story in the bible...

believer of god have to kill lambs and smear the blood of it on the door. if not god will kill child inside the house (those that does not have the blood of the lamb).

Ay...I thought he is god? how come he need signal one? no signal he can friendly fire one ar?

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are simply to narrow in your opinion...topic like this...existence of God, Is Bible reliable, etc...cannot be just confined to only Singapore.

Further you seem to hold very high regard to people like Richard Hawking...what happen one day he threw you a bombshell and say: Yes. There is God and I believe in Jesus. What is next to you? Oh Richard Hawking is right...let me follow him and believe in Jesus? Will you? So your faith is determined by what Richard Hawking and some scientists tell you?

A true-Bible believing Christian's faith must be purely from what the Bible teaches and not what Richard Hawking, Fishbuff teach.

I am no church history expert and one doesn't need this knowledge to know God. Whether today's Christianity was the result of Vatican or not doesn't mean anything to me. It's the word of God, the Bible, its Jesus, His apostles that collectively tell me that God is real; Jesus is real; we need the Blood of the Lamb to redeem us from eternal damnation, certainly not today's pastors, deacons, pastor-cum-magician, pastor-cum-his private jet, missionaries in first world countries, missionaries in 3rd world countries; they are all irrelevant to my faith and my believe.

Richard dawkin or stephen hawking. get the names right.

so you admit you are neither an expert in science or religion especially in the bible history. so what make you think that you have the capability to tell people that god, jesus and the whole shebang exist? there isnt much credibility to what you state if you zero grounding on factual science. as what you had said before, tv, internet, car, planes are inventions. THAT IS NOT TRUE! you need laws of physics and theories to spearhead the invention. thanks for telling us that you are poor in science and general knowledge. that is why religion can flourish in 3rd world countries where illiteracy and ignorance prevail.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean u kam lan enough to believe in something that you have no idea about its historical development?

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi Vam, it wasnt about God needing IFF otherwise he would hit His own people. It was for faith building and obedience of His people.

If they had faith and obeyed what He asked them to do , then their first born would have been saved.

just.....1 question..

donkey of years ago i read about this story in the bible...

believer of god have to kill lambs and smear the blood of it on the door. if not god will kill child inside the house (those that does not have the blood of the lamb).

Ay...I thought he is god? how come he need signal one? no signal he can friendly fire one ar?