• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

happy new year

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi my friends, and i consider all of you friends despite our differing views.

wishing you guys a wonderful 2012. Sorry i couldnt wish you last evening but some friends came over. Tried to escape to look at posts on the thread but wife didnt really approve.
Chat with you guys again soon.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

wishing you guys a wonderful 2012. Sorry i couldnt wish you last evening but some friends came over. Tried to escape to look at posts on the thread but wife didnt really approve.

happy new year to you too, gmh.

being human, we cant agree all time but we certain can appreciate the difference.

but sometime we just love to lob a logic bomb to stir things up in the field of religions.

hey, this is sammyboymod. dont expect it to be a stroll in the park.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

happy new year to you and your family . yes i agree 100% with fishbuff , we are both here to make this world a better place .we dont need heaven as a reward and hell as punishment ..i contend that we are both atheists. i just believe in one fewer god than you do. when you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours . many theists assume that people require a god to give them a sense of purpose or meaning in life. atheists have no such need, but are commonly thought to need it! theusual theist assumption is that atheists are evil, theist-haters, who will kill withoutremorse, steal from the poor; eat babies, and whatever other insane things their twisted imaginations can come up with ! atheists are usually quite fond of life, since it is the only one we have. we respect life, especially that of humans. we do not think that since this planet and humans arrived by chance that life is worthless. no these views are exactly what theists believe though. theists if you think about it, need a god to make their existence makesense and to make them respect life. atheists do such things without divine intervention and enjoy helping people out ! most atheists do not have hollow lives, with bitterness and hatred towards the rest of "creation." most see the world for what it is, beautiful and amazing in every way. wesee life as a great accomplishment and treasure every moment we have on earth. we do not look at living creatures as simply worm-food of the future. atheists, especially humanists, find human beings to be magnificent creatures and will do everything in their power to further our development and happiness! wE wishto see all of humanity rise to a level of intelligence that requires no religion to make sense of the world. we wish that everyone would see the world as we do, because once that happens we can all work towards the "greater good." it is not a sad life we live , it is full of wonder and excitement! wE know we have a short time on the planet and know the only way to truly achieve immortality is to somehow place our mark on history, either simply through our children or on a global scale! we attempt to learnand experience as much as possible and pass on whatever knowledge we have gained to our children, so that they will be stronger because of us.does that sound so bad? cheers .

Last edited:

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi FB. No problems with the logic bombs , in fact i do appreciate your honest inputs and have enjoyed the chats.

Cheers, friend.

happy new year to you too, gmh.

being human, we cant agree all time but we certain can appreciate the difference.

but sometime we just love to lob a logic bomb to stir things up in the field of religions.

hey, this is sammyboymod. dont expect it to be a stroll in the park.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi drifter,

i can appreciate where you are coming from. I have a close friend who is like you. He does not believe in God but this guy is a better person than most other people including those who are supposed to be religious.His values and character are in accordance with what you have mentioned in your post.
We have been good friends for many many years.
I have never intruded into his beliefs but sometimes he does ask me a question here and there about what i think of certain issues or events based on my standpoint as a Christian.
I always believe that the best testimony for what you say is how you behave. If i had tried to talk talk talk Christianity to him, our friendship would never have lasted.
I do share certain things with him based on personal views and experiences and he is happy to listen and also to say his piece.
The main thing is trust and respect.

When i chat with you guys on this forum i am sure we can build these up even though we may at times disagree on some issues.

Cheers friend.

happy new year to you and your family . yes i agree 100% with fishbuff , we are both here to make this world a better place .we dont need heaven as a reward and hell as punishment ..i contend that we are both atheists. i just believe in one fewer god than you do. when you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours . many theists assume that people require a god to give them a sense of purpose or meaning in life. atheists have no such need, but are commonly thought to need it! theusual theist assumption is that atheists are evil, theist-haters, who will kill withoutremorse, steal from the poor; eat babies, and whatever other insane things their twisted imaginations can come up with ! atheists are usually quite fond of life, since it is the only one we have. we respect life, especially that of humans. we do not think that since this planet and humans arrived by chance that life is worthless. no these views are exactly what theists believe though. theists if you think about it, need a god to make their existence makesense and to make them respect life. atheists do such things without divine intervention and enjoy helping people out ! most atheists do not have hollow lives, with bitterness and hatred towards the rest of "creation." most see the world for what it is, beautiful and amazing in every way. wesee life as a great accomplishment and treasure every moment we have on earth. we do not look at living creatures as simply worm-food of the future. atheists, especially humanists, find human beings to be magnificent creatures and will do everything in their power to further our development and happiness! wE wishto see all of humanity rise to a level of intelligence that requires no religion to make sense of the world. we wish that everyone would see the world as we do, because once that happens we can all work towards the "greater good." it is not a sad life we live , it is full of wonder and excitement! wE know we have a short time on the planet and know the only way to truly achieve immortality is to somehow place our mark on history, either simply through our children or on a global scale! we attempt to learnand experience as much as possible and pass on whatever knowledge we have gained to our children, so that they will be stronger because of us.does that sound so bad? cheers .

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi drifter,

i can appreciate where you are coming from. I have a close friend who is like you. He does not believe in God but this guy is a better person than most other people including those who are supposed to be religious.His values and character are in accordance with what you have mentioned in your post.
I have never intruded into his beliefs but sometimes he does ask me a question here and there about what i think of certain issues or events based on my standpoint as a Christian.
I always believe that the best testimony for what you say is how you behave. If i had tried to talk talk talk Christianity to him, our friendship would never have lasted.
I do share certain things with him based on personal views and experiences and he is happy to listen and also to say his piece.

When i chat with you guys on this forum i am sure we can build these up even though we may at times disagree on some issues.

Cheers friend.

mate , if more religious ppl are like you there will be no holy war ...and we dont mind religion exists .

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi drifter,

Cheers friend.

cool, at least none of the people here are followers of solipsism, although one or two are practising similar beliefs.

Last edited:

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
solipsism implies self right? I am more keen to discuss and share . Let inclusiveness be the order of the day. A few sparks here and there is alright too.

cool, at least none of the people here are followers of solipsism, although one or two are practising similar beliefs.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
solipsism implies self right? I am more keen to discuss and share . Let inclusiveness be the order of the day. A few sparks here and there is alright too.

solipsism... that you exists and everything else is fake or illusion. no need sparks, im happy to discuss.... iron sharpens iron, mind sharpens mind.

Last edited:

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sure FB we can do that. Yes the book of proverbs is quite wise and practical no?

solipsism... that you exists and everything else is fake or illusion. no need sparks, im happy to discuss.... iron sharpens iron, mind sharpens mind.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
sure FB we can do that. Yes the book of proverbs is quite wise and practical no?

not too bad... years of indoctrinations left scars in the memory.

taking the 11 commandments from this sketch; kiss hank's ass.
http://home.sprynet.com/~owl1/hank.htm

1. Kiss Hank's ass and he'll give you a million dollars when you leave town.
2. Use alcohol in moderation.
3. Kick the shit out of people who aren't like you.
4. Eat right.
5. Hank dictated this list himself.
6. The moon is made of green cheese.
7. Everything Hank says is right.
8. Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.
9. Don't drink.
10. Eat your wieners on buns, no condiments.
11. Kiss Hank's ass or he'll kick the shit out of you.

rule #2, #4 and #8 are good too.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi FB, sorry i tried to understand this post but couldnt. My wife wasnt too pleased that i tried to use the computer, only because there were guests around.
They were all her friends and a little boring so i tried to escape briefly but she caught on to what i was doing and asked me to stop.

that is a common dogmatic church approach; deny access to other information sources and demonize/criminalize alternate idea.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi FB, sorry i tried to understand this post but couldnt. My wife wasnt too pleased that i tried to use the computer, only because there were guests around.
They were all her friends and a little boring so i tried to escape briefly but she caught on to what i was doing and asked me to stop.

the saying goes; "happy wife, happy life."
better keep the computer away, not polite to surf net if you have guests around. at least pretend to be interested in your wife's guests conversation no matter how boring it is.

check out the following video, how a small town in the usa faced a clash betweeen the biology teacher and the school board over creationism vs evolution, and caught the whole country's attentions.

[video=youtube;x2xyrel-2vI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2xyrel-2vI[/video]

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
happy new year to you and your family . yes i agree 100% with fishbuff , we are both here to make this world a better place .we dont need heaven as a reward and hell as punishment ..i contend that we are both atheists. i just believe in one fewer god than you do

Not all religions use heaven and hell as carrot and stick concepts. The Buddhists use reincarnation, but their carrot which they term "nirvana" is deemed almost impossible to achieve, if I am not wrong.

I personally don't need heaven and hell to motivate me. If I make the wrong choices in life, as I've done in the past, my loved ones suffered. That is punishment enough.

I am also an atheist. Not that I do not believe in greater beings, but my concept of them is so different than what any religion preaches that it is no point discussing my perspective. I also believe to some extent, religious people are making the same mistake. They talk about their own concept of "God", not realizing it could be utterly irreconcilable with what other people's concepts are.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Happy New Year to all whom I neglected to wish before.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not all religions use heaven and hell as carrot and stick concepts. The Buddhists use reincarnation, but their carrot which they term "nirvana" is deemed almost impossible to achieve, if I am not wrong.

I personally don't need heaven and hell to motivate me. If I make the wrong choices in life, as I've done in the past, my loved ones suffered. That is punishment enough.

I am also an atheist. Not that I do not believe in greater beings, but my concept of them is so different than what any religion preaches that it is no point discussing my perspective. I also believe to some extent, religious people are making the same mistake. They talk about their own concept of "God", not realizing it could be utterly irreconcilable with what other people's concepts are.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Happy New Year to all whom I neglected to wish before.

whether its hell , heaven or reincarnation it does not matter because none of those stuff exists . ...when one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. happy new year to you too .

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have no issue with religion being exclusive in teaching - in fact, it's what they are supposed to teach, because they explain the origin of life and all have not only different but contradicting explanations. The fundamental of truth, before being the truth, is that it has to be exclusive if there is only one plausible answer.

E.g. if I say TFBH is a clone of Ram, it is either true or false. Ram will jump and so will you. That doesn't mean both of you don't respect views or democracy, but you have to respect truth. Now, if whether Ram and TFBH are the same person has ramifications on humanity, would humanity not jump at it because it is false and affects them personally. Nevertheless it doesn't make any negative action right - we will stop at jumping i.e. clarifying, justifying or whatever, but not killing or imposing because that is a different issue already.

Perhaps all religions are wrong, but they can't all be right because they contradict one another.

Last edited:

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi hi hi. Ah the temptation to get a quick glance at the posts overcame me.

Thanks for the video , i am not the very smart type and cant understand these things too deeply but what i do understand is

1. Creation is what is taught in Genesis i.e. God created all life

2. Evolution teaches that life is not created by God , rather life came about spontaneously from non-life matter .

I had asked myself many many times over many years about this, but i have now settled in me that God created life.

The arguments for and against are very strong and compelling ( to me at least ) and require some form of faith.

My belief in God has helped me immensely in my day to day life and i am satisfied.

the saying goes; "happy wife, happy life."
better keep the computer away, not polite to surf net if you have guests around. at least pretend to be interested in your wife's guests conversation no matter how boring it is.

check out the following video, how a small town in the usa faced a clash betweeen the biology teacher and the school board over creationism vs evolution, and caught the whole country's attentions.

[video=youtube;x2xyrel-2vI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2xyrel-2vI[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi hi hi. Ah the temptation to get a quick glance at the posts overcame me.

Thanks for the video , i am not the very smart type and cant understand these things too deeply but what i do understand is

1. Creation is what is taught in Genesis i.e. God created all life

2. Evolution teaches that life is not created by God , rather life came about spontaneously from non-life matter .

I had asked myself many many times over many years about this, but i have now settled in me that God created life.

The arguments for and against are very strong and compelling ( to me at least ) and require some form of faith.

My belief in God has helped me immensely in my day to day life and i am satisfied.

1) how can you believe a storybook full of contradicting a book full of magical story ....virgin birth , talking snake , walking on water ...? if a person thought god were real, they would still worry about the consequences of disobeying god. a believer cannot decide to stop believing in god unless they first stop thinking of god as real or suspect that god is not real.

2) evolution is just a process by which change occurs in nature. the process of evolution was deduced by interpretation of evidence that holds up to empirical scrutiny. evolution is like many other natural processes which are deduced by interpretation of evidence. a couple of other processes we have deduced from evidence found in the natural world are erosion and eutrophication.

believe me god did not immensely in your day to day life .....if not why bad things can happen to anyone including all christians and non- believer ? remember bad things and good things can happen to anyone with religion or without .