• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Haha PAP abandons grass loot dogs! Oppos want to adopt any?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MPs tell residents: No need to stand, clap for us
By ewenboey | SingaporeScene – Sun, Jun 19, 2011

400yahoo_simann.jpg

Holland-Bukit Timah GRC MP Sim Ann prefers to not be accompanied by a group of grassroots leaders. (Yahoo! pho …

Members of Parliament (MPs) from the People's Action Party (PAP) are encouraging residents to do away with excessive and unnecessary formalities when meeting them.

Several MPs said they have told their grassroot leaders to stop some longstanding practices such as standing and applauding at an MP's arrival, and telling residents to gather way in advance before an MP is due to arrive at an event, reported The Sunday Times.

These efforts are being ramped up as the ruling party heeds calls by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong for MPs to hold fast to the spirit of service to the people and to work hard on their behalf.

Liang Eng Hwa, MP for Holland-Bukit Timah GRC, said he has been trying to eliminate the unnecessary fanfare when meeting residents ever since May election.
He has rejected the need to be named a guest of honour at events or given the limelight. Instead, the masters of ceremonies would just announce that the MP is attending the event.

"The purpose of this is to let the grassroots know that the focus must be on the residents and not the MP. I also want residents to feel that I'm one of them," he said.

Similarly, Tampines GRC MP Baey Yam Keng told his grassroot leaders to refrain from getting residents to stand up to welcome him at events.

He also prefers not to have lion dance performances or be garlanded when he visits his ward, stating that such fanfare could give residents a wrong impression.
"There is no need to make such a big deal out of a market visit. It makes it look like I go there only once in a while, when in fact I have been there before," he said.

Minister of State for Health and Mayor of South West Community Development Council Amy Khor also admitted that she does not like such extravagant treatment at public events.

"There is some artificiality to being pampered at such events -- big entourage at walkabouts, people standing in line to greet you, and grassroots rounding up residents to be early."

Since becoming elected into the Hong Kah ward in 2006, Ms Khor has tried to dispense with formalities where possible, and would even arrive at events early or unannounced. She also said that she would try not to go on house visits with too large an entourage as it may overwhelm residents.

Joo Chiat MP Charles Chong highlighted that "one of the biggest problems" is when grassroot leaders gather residents early at an event. [RT: What happened to this higher mortal? Decided to descent to Earth now?]

"They will tell me to arrive at 9.30am. So I come at 9.28am, thinking I'll be two minutes early. But when I get there I realise that I'm actually 28 minutes late because everyone else has been there since 9am," he said.

He noted that this practice is especially common for education bursary and scholarship presentation ceremonies. These days, he asks for the event programme instead of what time he should arrive to get a better idea on what time he should arrive.

MPs like West Coast's Arthur Fong and Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Education and Law Sim Ann prefer to move about either on their own or accompanied by no more than two grassroot leaders as it is more personal and is faster.

"Where there is no need to be accompanied by a group, I am more than happy to move around on my own or with just one or two other persons. I find it fast and convenient," said Sim, who is a first-time MP for Holland-Bukit Timah GRC.
Another newly-elected MP, Ang Hin Kee of Ang Mo Kio GRC, tells grassroot leaders not to save a parking space for him. Instead, he will find a parking space at the public carpark just like everyone else.

Despite these efforts to dispel with formalities, the worry for the MPs' personal safety and security lingers, especially if residents get overly familiar with them.
However, Chong said that grassroot leaders should be able to make judgement calls.

"If it's someone aggressive looking, then they definitely should be vigilant. But if it's a little old lady who wants to hold the MP's hand, then they should relax a little," he said.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suddenly the PAP wants to follow Chiam, Low, etc. What about putting tape and blocking booking carpark spaces. Bunch of aresholes. By the way this lady was in the unit that allowed FTs to come in by the busloads.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Similarly, Tampines GRC MP Baey Yam Keng told his grassroot leaders to refrain from getting residents to stand up to welcome him at events.

He also prefers not to have lion dance performances or be garlanded when he visits his ward, stating that such fanfare could give residents a wrong impression.
"There is no need to make such a big deal out of a market visit. It makes it look like I go there only once in a while, when in fact I have been there before," he said.

Got people hang flowers on him meh??:confused:

GeylangCheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
charles chong is a shameless bastard. that lesser mortal remark captured the essence of his filthy being.

also shows how dumbfuck the half of joo chiat residents are

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where will these poor grass loot dogs go next..???

They are fast becoming strays..:biggrin:

Can't help saying this aloud.... THIS IS ALL ANOTHER PAP WAYANG SHOW!!! :oIo:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suddenly the PAP wants to follow Chiam, Low, etc. What about putting tape and blocking booking carpark spaces. Bunch of aresholes. By the way this lady was in the unit that allowed FTs to come in by the busloads.

Her CV:

Sim Ann 沈颖

36, has worked in the civil service for the last 12
years.
Ann has served in several ministries. From 2003-
2006, she was at the Ministry of Trade and Industry.
She worked on Singapore’s trade relations with
economies such as China and the United States, and also worked
part-time for almost two years in order to spend more time with her
first child. She was seconded to International Enterprise Singapore
from 2007-2009 and was based in Shanghai, where she headed a
team assisting Singapore-based companies with investment and sales
in the East China region. In August 2009, she joined the National
Population Secretariat, where she led efforts to restructure the
Secretariat into the National Population and Talent Division.
She has
also served on the National Youth Council and the National Arts
Council.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Send this abandoned PAP dogs to the SPCA for mass sterilization..:biggrin:

They have been carrying PAP balls for years without realising that they themselves got balls of their own but they choose to be cock sucking ball less bastards..!!!

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing has changed, it's the same dogs in the CCs and RCs and whatever not Cs. If you're an MP and you tell these dogs you want to come at the time scheduled and not make the people wait, no problem it will be done, but these dogs will instead high-handedly chase away any resident that shows up early (for example the elderly who go early to get a seat), then rush them all in at the last minute just before you arrive. As an MP you tell these dogs you don't want residents to stand and clap, no problem it will be done, these dogs will be all too happy to bark at anyone who doesn't comply. As an MP you tell these dogs you don't want a big entourage, don't want lion dances and garlands, don't want a reserved parking lot? No problem it will all be done, these dogs will surely chase everyone away along the MPs walking route, ban all performances and remove all flowers in that area, and book parking spaces with their own people in it to drive away just as you arrive. It doesn't matter how humble the MPs try to be, the system has already been established for these dogs to treat residents like shit, ostensibly in order to serve their masters. The masters are trying to be nicer to the sheep, but the dogs always take their master's instructions to the extreme and treat the sheep like shit anyhow. The masters cannot fault the dogs for being loyal, yet the intent behind their instructions is not being carried out and the sheep are no better off. A most puzzling dilemma indeed.

niwdee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This job O.K?

27-04-01%5B1%5D.jpg

But...

Don't let this Riot Dog meet him

riot_dog_04.jpg

32093_118714548160859_100000669431256_149133_35431  91_n.jpg

[video=youtube;ugIa4KQiCj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugIa4KQiCj8&feature=related[/video]

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If grassroots are told not to por lumpar, they will die. They have honed their por lumpar skills over the years and you ask them to stop?!

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now they realise that they are just dogs paid for by tax payers money and they just have to settle for cordial treatment instead being treated as demigods!