• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Guess who was old man's favourite lunch partner for years

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from what i heard, his wife did have an influence over him...and he listen to his wife, even during public appearance ./ situation.

The proof is in the pudding. Look at what happened to all kinds of doomsayings or even curses that old man would break down if his wife was gone. He survived and emerged his good old self still as if nothing happened, nobody died.

Of course as any husband would, he'd listen to his some of wife's advice and opinions, taking into consideration toward his final decision. However, it was nothing like the empress dowager fantasy that rumormongers cooked up to conjure discount to the tenacity of the man since they hated him but have no other way of beating him.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The proof is in the pudding. Look at what happened to all kinds of doomsayings or even curses that old man would break down if his wife was gone. He survived and emerged his old self still as if nothing happened, nobody died.

he said himself, he is damm practical & pragmatic...during those years where his wife is bedridden /coma. he would have mentally prepared, steeled himself.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he said himself, he is damm practical & pragmatic...during those years where his wife is bedridden /coma. he would have mentally prepared, steeled himself.

Yes, that's the man, always practical and pragmatic, always mentally prepared and steeled. Love is one thing. Love would have it's time and place in his life, no doubt. But not like the kind people are saying, without KGC LKY would lose his mind and will. I looked at the old man face to face eyeballs to eyeballs last year when he visited my constituency and also just a few months ago at nomination centre. His body is old and frail but his eyes are still bright and alert. There's no such thing as without KGC he'd be a different or lesser man or loses his direction.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lately he has been incoherent when I saw him. He would stare with a glazed look in his eyes and muttered "Choo, Choo". I told him she had passed on, and he would go "Noo, Noo, I was going to read her Love Labour's Lost." He is a ghostly shadow of his former iron self. He would keep the heavy curtains drawn in the day, avoiding any kind of light. he is pale, sallow, and an insomniac. How his wife's departure had crushed his morale and totally emaciated him.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The original PAP founding gang included his wife as an equal stakeholder. No one else brought their wife. It tells you how influential the wife is. Then one of the chaps from Penang called Philip Haolim Junior decided to bring his wife Miki. Some believe it was ruse to get ride of Choo. Anyway the old man had to tell his wife that others were not comfortable and the decision was made not to have wives at the table.

Well you cannot keep a good lady down, can you. She managed to convinced the old man to throw Philip Jr out as well on the basis that he was a communist. Interestingly the rest of the communists including card carrying members remained at the table.

When the separation documents were drawn up, the author Barker, the typist and long serving cabinet sec Wong , GKS and the wife went thru it. NO other cabinet minister went thru it before the Malaysians saw it.

Now tell me if the wife was an equal partner?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only the ignoramuses and the gasbags will still say Old Man held sway while Choo just minded the kids at home. For a long while, Singapore had a matriarch who walked 3 steps behind, who shared the most intimate of state secrets, and who wielded real power behind the throne.

The original PAP founding gang included his wife as an equal stakeholder. No one else brought their wife. It tells you how influential the wife is. Then one of the chaps from Penang called Philip Haolim Junior decided to bring his wife Miki. Some believe it was ruse to get ride of Choo. Anyway the old man had to tell his wife that others were not comfortable and the decision was made not to have wives at the table.

Well you cannot keep a good lady down, can you. She managed to convinced the old man to throw Philip Jr out as well on the basis that he was a communist. Interestingly the rest of the communists including card carrying members remained at the table.

When the separation documents were drawn up, the author Barker, the typist and long serving cabinet sec Wong , GKS and the wife went thru it. NO other cabinet minister went thru it before the Malaysians saw it.

Now tell me if the wife was an equal partner?

kepala butoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who gives a fiddler's fuck about who Harry dined with it or not anyway? What has that got to do with the price of eggs in China - some food for idle gossip and that's it.