• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gruesome accident at Tampines St 45 T JUNCTION - RIP

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
should install devices to have the engine cut at certain speed for these monstrous vehicles. ensure they only go at 50 km/h
There is no skid marks and the vehicle stopped near the corpses. So I suspect it was a relatively low speed accident. Probably the kids were crossing the traffic junction while the driver was turning left and his view was blocked by his left door and he did not check blind spot adequately.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTA should curb foreign workers from getting a driving license easily here, too many accidents involving foreign drivers......

All they need to get a license here is to take the basic theory, not even advance theory, its bullshits man....

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the driver is found guilty, he should face the death penalty or life imprisonment. There shouldn't be compassionate sentence when lives are lost. Drivers just have to be aware of the responsibility when behind the wheels.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclists should be ban from the roads. I can understand how stressful those trucks/bus drivers can get with an increasing number of cyclists on the roads now. When they keep close to the left lane, last time only need to watch out for motorbikes on the right but now you see cyclists squeezing between them and the curb on the left, which are difficult to spot when you are in a bus or truck.
They were crossing the road at the pedestrian crossing. The truck driver could have killed a pedestrian too in same situation. Shall we ban pedestrians too?

While you are at it, why not ban motorcyclists and sedan cars too? There are many cases of road kills for these road users too.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the driver is found guilty, he should face the death penalty or life imprisonment. There shouldn't be compassionate sentence when lives are lost. Drivers just have to be aware of the responsibility when behind the wheels.
Will never happen under pap. Many of the rich would be in jail now if traffic accidents are charged under manslaughter or even murder.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So near a school, the driver is reckless no matter how the children rode.

By the way, the driver is a local, don't use every opportunity to condemn foreigners.

Yes there are too many foreigners and some need to go back and government at fault too.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a parent, it's horrendous news like this that will make you hug your children a little tighter.
I feel so sorry for the parents, I have already said a prayer for those 2 little ones that they may have an eternity of happiness.

RIP, my little angels

As a father and grandfather, I too have same feelings like you.

At the end of the day, we may criticise the PAPs policy, but that does not mean we do not appreciate what they have done. We all love our beloved SINGAPORE and its people.

God Bless SINGAPORE always

PhilOakey

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Young brothers killed in Tampines horror crash

January 29, 2013 - 1:13am

By: Theodora D’Cruz Kerri Heng

01998e19.jpg

TNP PHOTO: Jeremy Long

Two brothers, aged 13 and 7, were killed in a fatal accident in Tampines at about 5.40pm yesterday afternoon.

The older boy was cycling, with his younger brother riding pillion, across Street 45 towards Dunman Secondary School when they were hit by a cement truck turning into the junction.

One of them was killed on the spot. A witness saw the other boy, who was severely injured, trying to get up before collapsing again. He didn’t move after that. Singapore Civil Defence Force paramedics pronounced them dead at the scene.

The 56-year-old driver was arrested at the scene for causing death by a rash act.

Read the full report in The New Paper on Tuesday (Jan 29).

M

Mdm Tang

So near a school, the driver is reckless no matter how the children rode.

By the way, the driver is a local, don't use every opportunity to condemn foreigners.

Yes there are too many foreigners and some need to go back and government at fault too.

very sadden . was touched by the brother

riding the other brother home from school .

maybe LTA should implement for small bicycles to carry

a little Flag ( attached to a pole or something ) to alert high vehicles .

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal

Young brothers killed in Tampines horror crash

January 29, 2013 - 1:13am

By: Theodora D’Cruz Kerri Heng

TNP PHOTO: Jeremy Long

Two brothers, aged 13 and 7, were killed in a fatal accident in Tampines at about 5.40pm yesterday afternoon.

The older boy was cycling, with his younger brother riding pillion, across Street 45 towards Dunman Secondary School when they were hit by a cement truck turning into the junction.

One of them was killed on the spot. A witness saw the other boy, who was severely injured, trying to get up before collapsing again. He didn’t move after that. Singapore Civil Defence Force paramedics pronounced them dead at the scene.

The 56-year-old driver was arrested at the scene for causing death by a rash act.

Read the full report in The New Paper on Tuesday (Jan 29).

This is so sad. Poor mother has to go through this.
I wish the family peace and the courage to carry on.
Rest in peace.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sad for the poor helpless mother.

Nine months of carrying the poor kids.

In an instant both of them are gone.

Like all our forummers, human beings are nice and concerned people.

We care and empathise with one another.

Why are there killers in this world who destroy life.

When will they or their "teachers" ever learn to love to respect the sanctity of life and stop all senseless killing going on in these cruel world.?

I feel sad for I always want happiness to be with all humans. Humans should care for one another just like what our forummers are doing.

May the Lord always protect all of you and your loved ones.

May there be sympathy from the government for people deprived of their children like this unfortunate accident.

May the Lord assist the parents for a fast closure, though I am sure it's gonna be hard.

Truly, I just don't know what to say further.....

M

Mdm Tang

bring back the "in vechicle " speed monitor which

should be visible not only on the top of the vechicle

but also at the back .

Hacksaw Jim

Alfrescian
Loyal
CNY is coming.what a tragedy , really feel pity for the parents who have go thru these. a couple of years back a sikh family lost their both sons in an road accident,the driver fled to overseas .

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was caught in the traffic jam at Tampines Avenue 9 towards the accident scene. When I saw the number of police cars and two Expressway Patrol Unit vehicles from the Traffic Police near a giant green and white cement mixer truck my heart sank. I knew it would have involved children. Passing the accident I saw police officers using a white cloth to form a wall confirms a fatality. Only on hearing the news about the tragedy did it hit me that my intuition was right. We including the Police personnel are all parents. Nothing hits us worse than when it involves children. To see the images of the brothers side by side dead......................Fuck you God! Oh fuck you God.......Please don't let it be confirmed that it was an Ah Tiong driver.......we can't take much more.......

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not even care if LHL or any Leegime dog gets run over tomorrow so no feeling for anything and anyone else. Maybe the difference is there may be glee for Leegime roadkill but in general Singaporeans are emotionless.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Speed is not the sole source for fatal accident. There is gung-ho drivers who think they own the roads. There are those who are just focus on their livelihood to not give a damn to others. There are some who enjoy their drinks and can't give a damn that they could kill others when they drive.

We can't put all kinds of gadgets to control these behaviour. The death penalty or a minimum life sentence for any driver responsible for a fatality would shake up kiasi and kiasu sinkees.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
735162_464355436953803_1407122603_n.png

:oIo::oIo::oIo::mad:

恐天下不乱,制造谣言,社会不安,误国误民。Do spare a thought for the bereaved family.

Ag Min Tan Chuan-Jin : "This is so tragic and sad. They were brothers. I understand that various stories and tweets are being circulated online. I Understand from Swee Keat that Yam Keng was with the mum and understandably, the family is extremely distraught. We'd support them as best as we can.

Please do spare a thought for them. I know that we are in the new media age but where we can, let's exercise sensitivity and respect for families who are distressed. And for the driver too until facts are ascertained "

Yeah, yeah whatever you say Green Light a.k.a Jason Chua Chin Seng. :rolleyes: