• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gruesome accident at Tampines St 45 T JUNCTION - RIP

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bros n Sis ,

Almost 24 hours have past .

How cum still No Statement From LTA and or Traffic Police ???
:confused::confused:

So what sort of kaypo statement do you want to hear?

The usual?..a man will be charge for...blah..blah..witness can kindly contact..blah blah...bail of $XXXX was..blah blah ..

Of course they never include the disclaimer : If the man is found guilty of..blah..blah..but is also one of the Elites, you can expect...blah..blah blah:biggrin:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which country in the world that a fatal road accident gets death sentence?? You want Singapore to be the first?? If this law really pass through, I don't know how many people on line will scold and blame the government again...

That's where you are wrong. On the contrary, I can assure you that if this law is endorsed, there will be much fewer accidents on our roads because every damned driver will suddenly become more disciplined, especially with the fear factor. Trust me, humans are like that. They will only put themselves first and foremost before others. Before they start to think of driving recklessly, they will recall that their own lives are also at stake, unless with a suicidal intention.

I mentioned before that in Taiwan, the penalty against drink driving is so severe that almost every driver I've come across is very well disciplined and will not drink and drive. I personally witnessed this myself when I went out with them for dinner and drinks and on several occasions with different companies. They'll definitely arrange for 1 of their colleague who will not be drinking to buddy them home and they go by rotation.

You just take another careful look at last week's video on the truck driver who had deliberately sideswiped the lady on the scooter at the PIE. It is very clear cut that there's no road hogging and why does that idiot driver needs to be on lane 1, being a truck vehicle. If there is a death sentence, definitely he won't dare to perform such a stunt and cause the accident. It's not his daughter and he won't feel the pain even though the rider had survived. To make matters worse, his boss even remarked that it's just a normal accident and no need to make such a big hoo-haa over this issue online by the netizens. See how the Sinkies reactions. Very selfish and self-centered right?

A vehicle is for your transportation needs, not to be used as a killer machine.

Last edited:
M

Mdm Tang

public want to know what happen mah .

drive driving or handphone driving or what ?

to seek witnessess when the matter is hot mah .

to seek for video recording from other vehicles ...

no sign no sound ; so wat happening lah :(

So what sort of kaypo statement do you want to hear?

The usual?..a man will be charge for...blah..blah..witness can kindly contact..blah blah...bail of $XXXX was..blah blah ..

Of course they never include the disclaimer : If the man is found guilty of..blah..blah..but is also one of the Elites, you can expect...blah..blah blah:biggrin:

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean run down 2 PRC boys!! Why no national uproar?

Plea to online users not to circulate photos of boys’ bodies

by Irene Lee
inSing.com - 29 January 2013 10:18 PM | Updated 2:54 PM

Plea to online users not to circulate photos of boys’ bodiesFlowers placed near the road junction where two boys, aged 13 and seven, were killed Monday night (Photo: Baey Yam Keng Facebook page)

Graphic photos of the bodies of two boys killed in an accident yesterday are circulating online.

And a number of Ministers and the Tampines Member of the Parliament (MP) have urged people to refrain from doing it.

The tragic accident happened at the junction of Tampines Avenue 9 and Tampines Street 45, near Dunman Secondary School, when a cement truck hit a bicycle with two boys on it.

Police and the Singapore Civil Defence Force told inSing News that they received calls for help at around 5.40pm on Monday 28 January.

The 13-year-old cyclist and his pillion rider, a seven-year-old, were pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.

Police said the truck driver, a 56-year-old Singaporean male, was arrested for causing death by rash act. Investigations are still ongoing.

After visiting the accident scene, Tampines MP Baey Yam Keng wrote on his Facebook page: “(I) understand that someone has posted graphic photos of their bodies online. I would like to appeal to netizens not to circulate these photos out of respect for the two boys and consideration for their grieving family.”

Acting Manpower Minister Tan Chuan-Jin echoed the same sentiments: “Please do spare a thought for them. I know that we are in the new media age but where we can, let's exercise sensitivity and respect for families who are distressed. And for the driver too until facts are ascertained.”

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong urged the public to “continue to show sensitivity and respect for the family, especially online”.

FLOWERS AT JUNCTION

Earlier this morning, Baey visited the family of the two boys.

He said: “The mother was naturally distraught. Glad to see her family, church friends and SAF (Singapore Armed Forces) counsellors around her to render necessary support,” he said, adding that the funeral will be held on Thursday.

Baey also posted on his Facebook page photos of offerings and flowers that were placed near the traffic junction for the two boys.

Prime Minister Lee wrote on his Facebook page that he was “saddened to learn of the terrible accident” and it is “so tragic that an evening cycle could end like this”.

“My thoughts are with their family. We will render all the help they need to get through this difficult period.”

Education Minister Heng Swee Keat sent his “deepest condolences” to the family, saying: “The police will investigate this thoroughly, and schools will step up road safety education and work with the police / LTA (Land Transport Authority) on further measures to enhance safety. Let us be sensitive and respectful, and not circulate photos about the accident. Let us give our thoughts and support to the family in this very difficult time.”

Witnesses of the accident can call the police at 1800-547-1818.

Last edited:

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then absolutely no excuse for driver. He can clearly see the boys and his speed can't be too high as he is turning. The sky is bright and traffic is not heavy.

Not defending the driver but I was thinking he could have been blinded by the setting sun (545pm?) which MAY have been in his direct LOS. These few days have been very galring (and bloody hot). The All Saints Home is quite low and would not have blocked a setting sun.

Any bros in the area can check out?

Anyway, let's not jump to conclusions.....

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singaporean run down 2 PRC boys!! Why no national uproar?

After visiting the accident scene, Tampines MP Baey Yam Keng wrote on his Facebook page: “(I) understand that someone has posted graphic photos of their bodies online. I would like to appeal to netizens not to circulate these photos out of respect for the two boys and consideration for their grieving family.”

Pay him $M dollars, top scholar entry parliament through coat tail and this is what he can say 'Out of respect for the 2 dead?'

This is an unprepared script to show how useles they can think on thier feet.

People often think the going to funeral is to pay respect for the dead. It is to pay condolesence visit to the family of the dead person. Nothing to pay respect to the dead, he is dead already. You pay respect to the elder/ senior through proper greetings and mannerism according to your culture and upbringing.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only in Tampines this tragic accident can happen. Because Town Council does not care, school does not care, nobody cares.

In the first place, the Town Council can forbid heavy vehicles from travelling within school zone. Second, the school can petition to Town Council to enact such a local law.

But what did the fucking Town Council do? No thanks to Irene Ng, Tampines is the only GRC where bicycles and pedestrians share the same road.

So much for care and concern by the Town Council towards its ward.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Today, I personally witness another case. The traffic light had turned orange and the fucktard cement truck driver just accelerated. 20 and 100 metres down the road are two secondary schools. Not enough time for me to see the number plate. This is how fast that truck went.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today, I personally witness another case. The traffic light had turned orange and the fucktard cement truck driver just accelerated. 20 and 100 metres down the road are two secondary schools. Not enough time for me to see the number plate. This is how fast that truck went.

These people are paid by the trip they make, the more trips, the more they are paid, their basic salary is low. I thought these heavy vehicles have to install some speed limiting devices? they can not go beyond the legal speed limit? or have they removed them?? LTA is collecting money & sleeping on the job??

Alfrescian
Loyal

All these truck drivers earn $$$ by per trip counts so they chiong ah! and dun fcuk care of others :mad: I've witnessed so many times on PIE when I travel at 80-85 and yet they can overtake me :mad:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
These people are paid by the trip they make, the more trips, the more they are paid, their basic salary is low. I thought these heavy vehicles have to install some speed limiting devices? they can not go beyond the legal speed limit? or have they removed them?? LTA is collecting money & sleeping on the job??
think its just a beeper to say they are going beyond their legal limit. so like hell they care. on the flip side, they are paid by the trip so it makes the cost to their "employer" less. vicious circle...
bottom line. some people need to make money at all costs

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these truck drivers earn $$$ by per trip counts so they chiong ah! and dun fcuk care of others :mad: I've witnessed so many times on PIE when I travel at 80-85 and yet they can overtake me :mad:

I have seen those at Tuas, clock more than 85, plus all the huge tipper truck, the container trucks, 20ft & 40ft... you be amaze how fast they can run...if you see they drive in line & like snails out on a walk... you would know that "pek tau kok" around..if not, it formula x time!!

Last edited:

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bros n Sis ,

Almost 24 hours have past .

How cum still No Statement From LTA and or Traffic Police ???
:confused::confused:

This accident could have happened in any part of Singapore!
Actually Tampines is supposed to be a safer place for someone to cycle because they can share the walking path with pedestrians.
All other parts of Singapore is an offence to cycle on walking paths.

A few months ago TP and police kept conducting operations to catch cyclists near my place.
The walking path there is very wide almost 3m and has very few Pedestrians thruout the day.
But the police did not care.
They even stop a father cycling his daughter to school.
The TP took down his particulars and warned him that he would be fined the next time.
Told him to either push his bicycle on the path or RIDE on the road!
That road has only 2 lanes and is full of heavy vehicles and cars.
So the LTA and TP rather you die on the road then think of ways to make it safer for everyone. :confused:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe the cement truck drivers are paid depending their punctuality/speediness. Every 1 min earlier the cement is delivered = extra $100 bonus. That's why they all chiong.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's where you are wrong. On the contrary, I can assure you that if this law is endorsed, there will be much fewer accidents on our roads because every damned driver will suddenly become more disciplined, especially with the fear factor. Trust me, humans are like that. They will only put themselves first and foremost before others. Before they start to think of driving recklessly, they will recall that their own lives are also at stake, unless with a suicidal intention.

I mentioned before that in Taiwan, the penalty against drink driving is so severe that almost every driver I've come across is very well disciplined and will not drink and drive. I personally witnessed this myself when I went out with them for dinner and drinks and on several occasions with different companies. They'll definitely arrange for 1 of their colleague who will not be drinking to buddy them home and they go by rotation.

You just take another careful look at last week's video on the truck driver who had deliberately sideswiped the lady on the scooter at the PIE. It is very clear cut that there's no road hogging and why does that idiot driver needs to be on lane 1, being a truck vehicle. If there is a death sentence, definitely he won't dare to perform such a stunt and cause the accident. It's not his daughter and he won't feel the pain even though the rider had survived. To make matters worse, his boss even remarked that it's just a normal accident and no need to make such a big hoo-haa over this issue online by the netizens. See how the Sinkies reactions. Very selfish and self-centered right?

A vehicle is for your transportation needs, not to be used as a killer machine.

I agree with you. in alot of countries US, UK, australia, etc if you drive carelessly and kill someone , even when drunk it is a manslaughter charge which is at least 20 years in prison with NO parole!!!
http://azdailysun.com/news/local/cr...cle_c53f049c-0422-11e2-915a-001a4bcf887a.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ughter-drink-drive-crash-killed-teammate.html
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...5-crashes-kills-woman-smashes-into-restaurant

here the law is full of sh!t. kill someone and at most a few months and 1-2 years ban. give me a break. and some stupid idiot took away the traffic police(hard;y see them nowadays). alot of these truck drivers I know are very irresponsible. quite alot of them gamblingand rinking away throughout the night, or watching football in early hours of morning or cruising in their lorries looking for pros at red light district. How then you expect them to be alert the next day?????? alot of these b@stards drivers of heavy vehicles use it after working hours at night and even 1-5 am to fetch their girlfriends and family around . these vehicles are built to transport sand, cement and are difficult to control , not eant to be ise as passenger vehicles and garmen is doing nothing about it. I would dare say alot of these people in LTA and Min of Tpt has blood on their hands. anyway this is the result of some stupid policy of growth at all costs!!! when you have 8 million people cramped into this little red dot, expect more of such deaths everday. think about it. it is not just about drving but alot of other issues. sure "growth at all costs" effect. later or sooner Karma would strike. just watch for it. like the palmer case

Last edited:

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you read the New Paper today, you find that he was wearing the yellow construction boots while driving when the accident happened. Even if he did not intend to murder pedestrians, he was not exactly going to bother whether people will be hurt.

Not defending the driver but I was thinking he could have been blinded by the setting sun (545pm?) which MAY have been in his direct LOS. These few days have been very galring (and bloody hot). The All Saints Home is quite low and would not have blocked a setting sun.

Any bros in the area can check out?

Anyway, let's not jump to conclusions.....

Last edited: