• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Great News! 350 Sinkies Leetenched by Panasonic!

Peace Maker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time & tide wait for no one. We need to upgrade in order to stay relevant. Now old man & woman in the 70s still can manipulate a hand phone. Learn as we grow old is the key.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
See the source image
Guess he is going to have a good night of sleep then

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PANASONIC brand has always been my favourite. Except for their microwave ovens, most of their other home appliances are reasonably durable. I still remember very long ago, their promotional motto was : "Those who know, buy NATIONAL."

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think most of the retrenched workers are Jiu Hu Kias lah. I ever hooked up with one Jiu Hu Ah Lian some years back working in the Panasonic factory at Bedok South.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really. Jap companies are not trigger happy when it comes to retrenchment. They tend to explore all options available until truly tak boleh tahan, only then will they retrench. Can't say the same for other non-Jap companies. :wink:

When come to remuneration and benefits, they lose out to the British and American companies. Some Japanese companies indicated gross salary, it looks quite attractive. But when u really study the T&C u will realise the gross salary break down into many types of "allowances"..like winter, summer etc etc. :roflmao: But ur basic salary actually very low. So when come year end bonus, it does not include those allowance. See how smart japs are? So beware of shorties!:roflmao: