• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grad in their 30s and 40s can't find job

Jason.T

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even now the PAP is telling people to upgrade. Whats the point when its all about cheap labor :confused:

From the article at the start of this thread:
The latest MOM report shows unemployment stayed at 3.3 per cent as in the previous three months. At the same time, the resident unemployment rate fell from 4.8 per cent to 4.6 per cent.
But the reason for the decline, said MOM, is that many stopped seeking jobs to pursue courses, which means they are no longer counted as unemployed.

Maybe this is the main point? Improves statistical data.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But the reason for the decline, said MOM, is that many stopped seeking jobs to pursue courses, which means they are no longer counted as unemployed.

Maybe this is the main point? Improves statistical data.

After being turned down time & time again most Sporeans will get the message that there are no jobs for Sporeans.

Many got no choice but to "upgrade "themselves, but what happens after they've they've upgraded :confused: They'll still be unemployed :rolleyes: The PAP might play the statistical game, but what is an unemployed Sporean going to do?

Its time Sporeans start holding the PAP gov't responsible. Alot of bad things are going on in Spore & throwiing out the PAP may be the only way to go :confused:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being a "grad" is no big deal in this day and age. Most of them deserve to be unemployed. They're lazy, they lack creativity and add no value whatsoever to any organisation.

Any graduate who is worth his/her salt won't be job hunting in the current environment. They'll be out there creating jobs for others instead.

gave us a break, we got our degree by memorising formula and equation, we have no real understanding what we memorise, what do you expect us to do, open a new apple computer company? it was LKY idea to make the education system a production plant for multinational.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
it was LKY idea to make the education system a production plant for multinational.

It may have been LKY's idea but nobody was forced at gunpoint to buy into it.

Only idiots fell for his scams hook, line and sinker which means they don't deserve to be grads in the first place. :rolleyes:

They are now getting their just deserts for their stupidity.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Even now the PAP is telling people to upgrade. Whats the point when its all about cheap labor :confused:
Only morons would do what the PAP TELLS them to do. :rolleyes:

I always lived my life by doing the exact opposite. It worked very well. :p

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
After being turned down time & time again most Sporeans will get the message that there are no jobs for Sporeans.

Many got no choice but to "upgrade "themselves, but what happens after they've they've upgraded :confused: They'll still be unemployed :rolleyes: The PAP might play the statistical game, but what is an unemployed Sporean going to do?

Its time Sporeans start holding the PAP gov't responsible. Alot of bad things are going on in Spore & throwiing out the PAP may be the only way to go :confused:

What's new? I am a grad. in Engineering in my mid thirties,smarter than most of my peers but cannot find a decent job that pay $4k per mth,is that too much?:mad:

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
PERSONAL INFO - DA JI BOR

Nationality: P R China; Singapore PR
Date & Place of Birth: 15/10/1964; Lanzhou, China
Gender Female

EXPERIENCE
Jan. 2002 – Dec. 2005 Bank of China, Singapore Branch

Account Relationship Manager – Corporate Banking Department
Liaise with arrangers on syndication loans deals;
Information gathering, assessing and analysing of macro economy, industry, multinational corporates etc.
Prepare and present of credit proposals;
Prepare annual review reports for existing portfolios;
Draft various reports to Head Office;
Draft, edit and finalise credit manual of the department in Chinese (over 120 pages)
Translate credit manual of the department into English.

Sep. 1998 - Dec. 2001 The Kwangtung Provincial Bank
Singapore Branch (KPB merged with Bank of China since
1 Jan.2002)

Senior Officer – China Business Department
to build and expand customer base;
to minimise problem loan facilities, increased interest income by 30% within year of 1999;
to go on business trips whenever necessary;
handling perplexing projects which involved in legal procedures;
to draft reports to Head Office;
to communicate well with senior managers and junior staffs.

May 1994- Jul 1998 Robert W H Wang & Woo/ Raymond Tan & Co

China Project Supervisor cum Administrator
to oversee the legal procedures related to China Property Projects and to provide useful and helpful information to the customers;
to translante documents whenever necessary;
to manage 5 supporting staffs;
implemented on-the-job training for new staff.

Jan 1989–1992 Gansu Arts & Crafts Import & Export Corp. Lanzhou
International Trade Representative
Attending international trading fair, travelling overseas and within territary of China to negoticate with clients and suppliers on sales and purchse terms;
Expanded business to Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, European and Middle East market;
Worked closely with suppliers to ensure the prompt shipment.

Sep. 1986–Dec. 1988 Gansu Agricultural University, Lanzhou
Assistant Lecturer
Conducted essential English courses to 1-2nd year students and students from ethnic areas;
Conducted training courses to secondary school teachers from rural areass.

EDUCATION
1982–1986 Northwest Normal University, Lanzhou, China
B.A., English Language & Literature.

1990–1991 Gansu International Trade Institute, Lanzhou, China
attended training courses on International Trade, International Finance and Commercial Law, etc.
awarded the Certificate of Merit for the Post of International Trade Representative

2001 ACCA
Attended initial stage courses of ACCA such as Financial Informaiton for Mangement and Preparing Financial Statement, etc.

INTERESTS
Reading, photography, dancing, dating, men

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's new? I am a grad. in Engineering in my mid thirties,smarter than most of my peers but cannot find a decent job that pay $4k per mth,is that too much?:mad:

Obviously you are too expensive when compared to cheaper foreigners. You can continue searching for a job but I think you're better of joining the queue to get out of Spore.

Even if you get $4,000/mth it won't be enough as everyone knows the retirement in age in Spore is 40+

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's new? I am a grad. in Engineering in my mid thirties,smarter than most of my peers but cannot find a decent job that pay $4k per mth,is that too much?

How you define yourself smart ? By passing with A+ or just following the rat race system .

hemunkeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of these unemployed are also tired of their line of work, they often
end up doing one or two of the following:

1. Taxi Driver
2. Real estate agent
3. Insurance agent
4. Multi level marketing
5. Stock broker

for those that have substantial saving they will :

1. Star a cafe or restaurant
2. Retail biz, pet, boutique or pedicure shop
3. Internet retailing / online biz

for those less educated:

1. Security guard
2. Courier service
3. Cleaner

It is sad that life in Singapore comes with limited option

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Taxi Driver
2. Real estate agent
3. Insurance agent
4. Multi level marketing
5. Stock broker

for those less educated:

1. Security guard
2. Courier service
3. Cleaner

ya...quite right,i have a friend,a grad who own a coffeeshop in CCK.Others who can't make it with money sell insurance.As for me,ha...can you guess?

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal

LeeHsienLoong_2007May04.jpg

Haha. I'm glad your sinkies finally wake up your idea.
If you can't find jobs in sinkieland, what do you do?
What did your forefathers do?
Does the PHD or MBA create permanently damage or maimed your brain cells?
I think most likely.
Look. You got your pHD, MBA or whatever shits.
The world is your oyster.
You are in a better position to completed for jobs globally.
Why settle for cheap cheap sinkieland?
No wonder my daddy says pappies will rule sinkies for another 1000 years.:biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

1. Taxi Driver
2. Real estate agent
3. Insurance agent
4. Multi level marketing
5. Stock broker

for those less educated:

1. Security guard
2. Courier service
3. Cleaner

im those who are less educated . but i earn more then 10k a month when i was in singapore . you will be surprise that alot of less educated singaporean earn more then those who is more educated . if you want to make more money , you have to be street-wise , not book -wise .

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRC Bank Exec

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happen to be at waterloo street doing some bank transaction yesterday lunch time, was told by the counter staff to wait for 15min to half an hour. Went out for a quick puff and saw this gal leaning on my car talking on her phone. The moment she lift up her head, I was WOW..... Not bad leh. She smile back and say sorrie, I told her to carry on leaning in a joking way. We chatted awhile and got to know that she just arrived 3 weeks ago working at the Bank which I just went. So I try to date her out for a drink and she say OK (My Lucky Day).

Pick her up after her work at 5.30pm and we went downtown for dinner. I was trying my best to test water (NO LUCK). We headed to Boat Quay for a drink after dinner and I told myself this time DIE DIE also must ask. All of a sudden, she burst into tear (ALCOHOL EFFECT), saying she misses her parent. I try to console her and told her not to think so much. Time passes and we are now more open up, I pop up the question to her:

Me: Why dun you try to earn more money while you are in SG?
She: How to?
Me: Do part time lor.
She: What is part time?
Me: Must I go into detail, then you can understand.
(Slient for a while) and (Burst into laughter)
She: How much am I worth in your eye.
Me: Hard to say, depends on how good are you.
She: How much do you want to give me, if I say OK to you.
Me: 150 lor (Man Ego).
She: If I am good to you, you give me more is it?
Me: Let see how good are you.
Me: How???
She: Can try. Is it now?
Me: Now lor. If not when?
She: Where?
Me: I bring you there.

10.45pm we check into a hotel at chinatown and the rest is story.....

Name: Txxx Xxxx
Look: 7.5 (Young office exec look)
Stats: 34B / 24 / 34 (I think so)
BBBJ: Yes for me
FJ: 9 (good moaning)
Painting: Yes for me
CIM: No
AR: No
AJ: No
Attitude: Very anticipating
Damage: 150 / 1shot
Overall: Good
RTF: Yes for sure (Bonking a Bank Exec)

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/welcome...bank-exec.html

180px-Bankofchina-sg.JPG

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Breast of Times

By May Yip. The Straits Times Publication Date: 20-04-2006

Cleavages are bustin' out all over Singapore, it seems. Take the recent Miss Singapore Universe pageant. From tabloids to blogs, eye-catching bust-lines were what made headlines, with water-cooler talk revolving around the generous cup sizes of this year's winner.

Miss Singapore Universe

And on a daily basis, images of cleavages juggle - or should that be jiggle - for the attention of passers-by on billboard ads, covers of magazines and on the small screen.

Not that straight men with healthy libidos are complaining, but you would be excused for thinking that once-conservative Singapore is turning into one breast-obsessed nation.

"I thought this year's Miss Singapore Universe (Carol Cheong) won because of her boobs," says Joshua-Uriel Leong, a banker from BOC in his 30s who admits that he is a "boob man" and is drawn to a woman's breasts ahead of her other physical attributes.

And "Yes, yes, yes - size does matter", he adds.

According to Doy Teo, director of the Singapore operations of lingerie brand Triumph International, the number of women going up to a bigger C cup has surged from about 10 per cent a decade ago to 18 per cent.

The lingerie industry here is estimated to be worth S$100 million (US$62.58 million), says Teo. The brand now even carries a line of fuller-figure F-cup bras, and these whoppers have been enjoying brisk sales.

Another favourite among shoppers here is the push-up bra. Foong Yen, a spokesman for home-grown lingerie brand Ero, says 70 per cent of sales come from its Skin.Cool range of push-up bras.

As boob "authority" Jeffrey Chung notes: "The first things guys notice about girls are breasts. Instead of keeping them in, the media might as well capitalise on them."

He ought to know - he is the model agency owner who made headlines by marketing three D-cup models as the Singapore D-Cup Show Girls.

And the media has certainly wholeheartedly embraced this icon of femininity, from publications devoted to lad culture such as Maxim, featuring scantily clad women on and between its covers, to the popularity of models willing to display more decolletage.

There is also no shortage of cleavage on big and small screens too, such as Uma Thurman's bountiful bosom in The Producers or on the now-ended MTV reality series, Newlyweds, starring Jessica Simpson and her perfect double Ds.

This show of skin has even migrated from the reel world to reality, with a whole generation of young women flaunting their seemingly blossoming assets in tube tops and barely-there halters.

"Boobs are the reason men wake up in the morning and the source of comfort as they lie in bed with their ladies at night," says Joshua-Uriel Leong. "The ideal breast size should be big enough for you to notice, but not of the size that you end up talking to them instead."

IMG_0047.JPG

images

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

-----
------

Your list is not complete lah. What about leaving Spore for good :confused:

When a ship is sinking do you want to be the last one to go? If you don't agree with the sinking ship metaphor, theres the one that Spore is an expensive hotel & its priced itself out of the market.

I my own plans to leave this island for somewhere healthier :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The world is your oyster.
You are in a better position to completed for jobs globally.
Why settle for cheap cheap sinkieland?
No wonder my daddy says pappies will rule sinkies for another 1000 years.:biggrin:
[/SIZE][/B]

I'm one of those planning to leave lah.

I've got more friends who have left Spore than who are still in Spore :eek: Very lonely here in Spore :(

Damn the recession, It has put back my plans by 2 to 3 years :rolleyes:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>Many got no choice but to "upgrade "themselves, but what happens after they've they've upgraded :confused: They'll still be unemployed :rolleyes: The PAP might play the statistical game, but what is an unemployed Sporean going to do?<<<

The next election is the last chance for the 66% to topple the wicked Familee. If they insist on their 'wait for better opposition' crap and continue to give the CCB Papaya traitors a blank cheque, they've only themselves to be blamed for their extinction.