• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Government to propose exit interview for SG Quitters

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
1,000 Singaporeans renounce their SG citizenship.
150,000 Singaporeans working overseas.

Mr Lim Biow Chuan, MP for Marine Parade GRC, suggested that the Government to consider conducting exit interview for Singaporeans intending to emigrate to find out why they want to do so.

Mr Lim, who is a man, with great knowledge, earns millions a year, doesn't really know the real reasons? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1hv5z7.jpg

This is an excellent idea! With good data collected, the government can address undue concerns to keep our true blue Singaporean citizens. Going overseas is inevitable in globalization. But giving up citizenship for the wrong reasons is a waste to the country and a disservice to themselves.
A good match between the right needs and services provided by our government will make Singapore stronger and convince new PRs in Singapore to feel confident to make Singapore our home!

jw5

Loyal
Hi, I am one of the 150,000 that is living and working overseas. I have made Chengdu my permanent home as i am required by my company to be here for the long run. I was also an ex-SAF regular and have never thought of giving up my citizenship because I believe I have more than earned it.

As to the 1000 that leave every yr., they are exercising their God given right to do so. I don't think the exit interviews would do any good if someone has already made their mind to go. Bearing in mind that the decision to give up the citizenship is not an easy one to make no matter how one feels about Singapore.

Being overseas for a few years, I must say that the pink I/C is not without value. Each and every one of us swinging dicks spend 2 to 2.5 years earning it. When you are overseas, then you will realise how easy it is to get in and out of many many countries unlike a US passport or some other passports (e.g. Arabic) sorry no offense meant.

Also, many in China look up to us as we are a small red dot that makes a large impact in our region and throughout the world. As long as we are not arrogant, generally we are respected.

If you think our country is restrictive, come and stay permanently here in southwest China and you'll realise how lucky we are.

Cheers
Were you affected by the recent earthquake?
Are you concerned that there may be further problems?

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reasons are very obvious, Mr Lim Biow Chuan probably just looking for things to do.

Nice scan, Alamaking :biggrin:
he had to cook up something, so to justify his fat pay cheque.... in hope to fatten up the coming pay cheque.

meanwhile, this is a democratic country, so why should anybody discern over anybody's decision on dumping the pink ic, for better prospects elsewhere?

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
do they dare to publish whatever the quitters ( i dun agree with this term ) say during the exit interview?? :mad:

if not, then dun waste time and $$.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wow. 1000 give up yearly. he he. That shows how successful the PAP govt runs the country.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what do you think would be the answer from these smart leavers, or if it was you, how will you answer.

I will tell them i cannot stand sinkies.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow. 1000 give up yearly. he he. That shows how successful the PAP govt runs the country.

For those with families thats at least 3+(husband, wife & children) Singkies gone.

If single, I suspect most likely Spore males. This is going to create an imbalance in ratio of male/female in Spore with future socio problems in Spore. Just imagine an increase in the number of old maids. :rolleyes:

PAP_agent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey there comrade. Nice to see a new arrival in my dept getting down to work so earnestly.

>>>>
Hi, I am one of the 150,000 that is living and working overseas. I have made Chengdu my permanent home as i am required by my company to be here for the long run. I was also an ex-SAF regular and have never thought of giving up my citizenship because I believe I have more than earned it.

As to the 1000 that leave every yr., they are exercising their God given right to do so. I don't think the exit interviews would do any good if someone has already made their mind to go. Bearing in mind that the decision to give up the citizenship is not an easy one to make no matter how one feels about Singapore.

Being overseas for a few years, I must say that the pink I/C is not without value. Each and every one of us swinging dicks spend 2 to 2.5 years earning it. When you are overseas, then you will realise how easy it is to get in and out of many many countries unlike a US passport or some other passports (e.g. Arabic) sorry no offense meant.

Also, many in China look up to us as we are a small red dot that makes a large impact in our region and throughout the world. As long as we are not arrogant, generally we are respected.

If you think our country is restrictive, come and stay permanently here in southwest China and you'll realise how lucky we are.

Cheers

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1000 out of 3 millions are peanuts

150 000 out of 1 million FT/FW are peanuts too.

so this news are worth nothing.

peanut news

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP's reply? Nothing. They have no view on this.
================

SDP already say there is no evidence NS IS KILLING SG.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Exit interview??? That depends whether they wanna to be interview or not. Not becasue u set up an exit interview , you expect pple to attend. Middle Finger to you.

It depends on us if we wanted to be interviewed or not and if we wanna share with you what we know.

Not set up one and force pple to attend. Knn .. damn sinkie..

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see lecturers interviewing their students on why they walk out during lectures
I don't see tutors interviewsing students on why they walk out on tutorials
I don't see ushers interviewing viewers why they exit the cinema mid-way thru the movie
I don't see cabbies interviewing their fares why they decide to alight at places before intended destination
I don't see hawkers interviewing their patrons why they give up eating mid-way thru the meal

I don't see what sense does it make for the authorities to interview people who've decided on migration.

vbchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm, migrating to a mostly caucasian country, paying half of what you earn in taxes, leaving behind loved ones and being treated as 2nd class citizens (not having full benefits of citizenship) is considered a step up, interesting.

I know of a brilliant brain surgeon who migrated to Vancouver and could only work as a nurse in one of the hospitals. Regretted his decision. Well, that's life. Man proposes, God disposes.

vbchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was in a six storey departmental store when the earthquake happened on May 12, 2:28pm. At first I thought the basement car park was giving way. It took me about 3 seconds before I remembered we were in an Earthquake zone. Luckily I was on the ground floor buying a Subway sandwich facing the outside of the building.

I shouted at the cashier to run as there was an earthquake on and she ran. But there was an idiot that froze at the doorway. I kicked the bugger and asked him to run like hell. I was the first one out of the building dragging 2 others with me. All these happened within 10 seconds. The earthquake continued to rumble for over 2 minutes. I saw the mall swaying and my 1.7 ton pajero being thrown around like a toy.

On the third day I went on a relief mission fetching food supplies up north. What I saw changed my perspective on life forever.

Things are back to normal, but I made a bad 50,000rmb investment just before the quake and it is now gone. Anyway, money can be earned again, we have only one life.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hmm, migrating to a mostly caucasian country, paying half of what you earn in taxes, leaving behind loved ones and being treated as 2nd class citizens (not having full benefits of citizenship) is considered a step up, interesting.

I know of a brilliant brain surgeon who migrated to Vancouver and could only work as a nurse in one of the hospitals. Regretted his decision. Well, that's life. Man proposes, God disposes.

That is what the PAP govt wants you to believe. There are many who live the life of what they wanted. If that is a true case, then that is a sinkie surgeon. He will be well-received if he invest in a hospital. and if brain surgery is a demand there.

The key word is demand. Plumbing is a demand in Aus. You will be honored and "red-carpet" when you are there.

vbchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, skilled labour is welcomed in Aus and Can. I wish I had those skills as well. You can survive anywhere. But for the doc. it is really sad. Imagine when in sillypore, you drive a merc, live in a landed property. You sell everything and then go. When you arrive, the hospital that you thought you could work in the same position tells you, sorry we don't feel confident with your skill because your cert looks like toilet paper as the govt. don't recognise.

Nothing is perfect.

I spent 2 years in KL. Simple thing like getting a maid because I have 3 kids takes 6 months. At first I thought I was very lucky, no more levy. Maid very cheap. After that regret like hell. Singapore pay like hell but at least it works. What to do. Pay and pay.