• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Government Money no Enough

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changes to rules on reserves?

Amendment to the Constitution will be tabled in Parliament on Monday by Finance Minister. -ST

Sat, Sep 13, 2008
The Straits Times

AN AMENDMENT to the Constitution will be tabled in Parliament on Monday by Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam.

This is expected to deal with how the Government calculates how much of the returns on investment of its reserves it can use for spending in any financial year.

Extra funds are needed in the coming years to pay for increased social, education, health-care and transport infrastructure spending

*** i thought GST increase to 7% was suppose to pay for all the social spending "to help the poor" as LHL said???

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Social : Problems caused by FT's??
Education - More scholarships to FTs children.
Health care - More subsudy for FTs and FTs dependent.
Transport - More FTs taking MRT and driving.

Of course will need more money.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
25B_TEMASEK_wideweb__470x2730-1.jpg

Hey! U peasants dun kar cheow my hubby helping me out hor! U make me doo lan and I'll sell away Peesai! *hee*hee*

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Extra funds are needed in the coming years to pay for increased social, education, health-care and transport infrastructure spending

Huh If population numbers is falling shouldn't education costs be stagnant or falling?

Why do they need more $$$ for transport infrastucture? The motorists already paying COE, ERP, road tax....

Health care is not free in Spore, its pay as you go. How many new hospitals have actually been built? :confused:

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't squeeze more money, how to make up for the shortfall due to the blind investments of Ho Ching?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quick, quick, where are the oppositions. Take the opportunity now and question the gahment thoroughly in parliament or outside. This is the right time to question and implement the strategy of check-and-balance on the gahment. Is the prata seller not getting enough income? Is the increase GST not enough? What social spending? What plans? Show plans! No blank cheques! Why reserves not enough? Why past so prudent, not so lavish? So many questions to ask. So many queries!

Is SDP truly interested in such practical issue or still harping on the freedom of free speech and meaning of true democracy? Or are they more interested in going for Sunday stroll in their bright attentive-seeking red "Tak Boleh Tahan" attire?

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Changes to rules on reserves?

Amendment to the Constitution will be tabled in Parliament on Monday by Finance Minister. -ST

Sat, Sep 13, 2008
The Straits Times

AN AMENDMENT to the Constitution will be tabled in Parliament on Monday by Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam.

This is expected to deal with how the Government calculates how much of the returns on investment of its reserves it can use for spending in any financial year.

*** i thought GST increase to 7% was suppose to pay for all the social spending "to help the poor" as LHL said???

I already say this many times, those sinkies leaders will change the rules to fit their incompetence. And only sinkies vote for them. Birds of feathers flock together.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
most probably,amendment is going to be make to suit and provide more cash for Ho Ching to squander again. :mad: