• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gopalan Nair praises "PAP" judge

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
From http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com/2008/09/convicted.html

His last post before going into prison.

"As for Mr. James Leong, I have this to say. I have begun to know him pretty well since it took 18 days of trial. He is a good man at heart; there is no doubt about it. If he had his way, there is no doubt he would have acquitted me immediately."

"But I have to say this of Judge Leong. He was polite and treated me with respect throughout the trial. He was both courteous and decorous."

I sympathize with the man, but the above statement surprised me. If Judge Leong was acting under "PAP orders", the same would have applied to Belinda Ang. The same woman whom he had insulted. Probably the only one who carries a PAP whiff with glee is the ex-CJ Yong PH.

There are some oppositionists with very shaky stands. When you link them back, they all tend to lead to only the SDP (Gopalan is a SDP affiliate). John Tan's clamouring SDP to be a "moderate voice" is another. Those are no different from the approaches taken by the WP or SPP which all the while I got the impression they were trying to avoid, and what's more were heavily criticizing.

It seems you can praise the PAP on some occasions only if you clash with it very seriously on others.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

His last post before going into prison.

"As for Mr. James Leong, I have this to say. I have begun to know him pretty well since it took 18 days of trial. He is a good man at heart; there is no doubt about it. If he had his way, there is no doubt he would have acquitted me immediately."

"But I have to say this of Judge Leong. He was polite and treated me with respect throughout the trial. He was both courteous and decorous."

Stupid Gopalan Nair never learns. After his release, they should charge him for contempt of James Leong's court, take 3 months to charge him and lock him up for another 3 months. See how long he can last.

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid Gopalan Nair never learns. After his release, they should charge him for contempt of James Leong's court, take 3 months to charge him and lock him up for another 3 months. See how long he can last.

Contempt of court for praising judge? Nah don't think they're that stupid.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Contempt of court for praising judge? Nah don't think they're that stupid.

This statement is enough to lock him up for another 3 months:

"If he had his way, there is no doubt he would have acquitted me immediately."

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the face of it, perhaps judge Belinda Ang should not have agreed to allow the hearing to continue over lunchtime. Gave a possible perception at least that the court may have been indulging LKY and son.

"But I have to say this of Judge Leong. He was polite and treated me with respect throughout the trial. He was both courteous and decorous."[/B]

I sympathize with the man, but the above statement surprised me. If Judge Leong was acting under "PAP orders", the same would have applied to Belinda Ang. The same woman whom he had insulted. Probably the only one who carries a PAP whiff with glee is the ex-CJ Yong PH.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the face of it, perhaps judge Belinda Ang should not have agreed to allow the hearing to continue over lunchtime. Gave a possible perception at least that the court may have been indulging LKY and son.

Absolutely agree. This is where she deviated and lost her professionalism.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps if I may, in sympathy and fairness to the judiciary invoke the name, my sincere apologies to him, Michael Khoo to give a perspective to this whole unhappy set of events.