• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Good Minister Shanmugam Confronts Oppie Islamist For Refusal To Separate Religion From Politics! Islamist Squirm Like Cockroach!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Faisal attempts to clarify his stance

Faisal subsequently attempted to clarify his stance by reiterating his point once again in English, and added that he also understood that Christianity believes religion cannot be separated from politics.

This then drew Shanmugam’s question:

“I think it might be easier to just cut to the chase and maybe tell me, do you accept the principle of separation between religion and politics? Or do you not accept it?

Because by referencing to other religions, if everybody starts saying they don’t accept the separation of religion and politics in Singapore, do you accept that there will be severe consequences?”

Faisal then replied that Shanmugam needed to look at the context in which he may not fully agree with the principle — namely the context that he was a Muslim who had accepted Islam as “a Way of Life” and that he could not accept the separation of politics and religion.

https://mothership.sg/2019/10/news-...67Ax-i8FyzT3MDmKkaeSzzTA3teYCJF63AoJiHn0kTMW4

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why the fucker Shanmugger never question his own boss about separating religion from politics?

1570689016051.png

PM Lee Hsien Loong joining children on stage to sing One People, One Nation, One Singapore with the crowd during the Jubilee Day of Prayer at the Sports Hub yesterday. The event was co-organised by the National Council of Churches in Singapore and the Evangelical Fellowship of Singapore.ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Faisal then replied that Shanmugam needed to look at the context in which he may not fully agree with the principle — namely the context that he was a Muslim who had accepted Islam as “a Way of Life” and that he could not accept the separation of politics and religion.

Finally, a Muslim who is actually honest.

If Muslims were an ethnic majority in Sinkieland, expect to see Islamic political parties. No other religion would have such aspirations.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What does the PAP muslim MP think? Disagree with opposition muslim? If religion and politics are to be separated, why reserved president has to be a Muslim lady?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally, a Muslim who is actually honest.

If Muslims were an ethnic majority in Sinkieland, expect to see Islamic political parties. No other religion would have such aspirations.
You have the christian democrats in germany, the tkuma in israel, ...
And islam was never meant to be a religion. Where those priest and clerics came from propagating religion is beyond me. And no houses of worship to as the Creator is everywhere.omnipresent.

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Law minister is losing his ground. He acts like a child.
He thinks we are living in a digital world while in fact real society is analog.

Shut Up you are Not MM

Alfrescian
Loyal

Faisal attempts to clarify his stance

Faisal subsequently attempted to clarify his stance by reiterating his point once again in English, and added that he also understood that Christianity believes religion cannot be separated from politics.

“I think it might be easier to just cut to the chase and maybe tell me, do you accept the principle of separation between religion and politics? Or do you not accept it?

Because by referencing to other religions, if everybody starts saying they don’t accept the separation of religion and politics in Singapore, do you accept that there will be severe consequences?”

https://mothership.sg/2019/10/news-...67Ax-i8FyzT3MDmKkaeSzzTA3teYCJF63AoJiHn0kTMW4

Don't talk cock you PAP dog!

Even fucking Lao Chee Bye LKY is a little CAQ Babok Pussy so afraid of Muslims Particularly Malaysia & Indonesia, and which he kenna fucked left right center and LAN-LAN Apologize to MALAYSIA & INDONS. LHL & his monkeys are 10X worse cowards than LKY.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Faisal basically have egg in the face..WP keep quiet..n when it's time to talk they get egg in the face...
Shanmugam repeatedly questions WP’s Faisal Manap over separation of religion from politics
Eventually, WP chief Pritam Singh stepped in to make a statement.
shanmugam-faisal-manap.jpg

On Oct. 7, Minister for Home Affairs and Law K Shanmugam repeatedly questioned Workers’ Party (WP) Member of Parliament (MP) Faisal Manap over his views on the separation of religion from politics in Singapore.
Shanmugam’s questioning was made in response to Faisal’s Malay speech on the changes to the Maintenance of Religious Harmony Act, in which he said that he could not fully agree with the Act’s principle on the separation of religion and politics.
AdvertisementIslam covers all aspects of life, including politics
Faisal explained that for him as a Muslim, “Islam is understood as a Way of Life…(and) covers all aspects of life including politics”.
He added that while he agreed that religion should not be used to gain political advantage, he did not agree fully with separating it entirely from politics.
Here, Faisal further noted that Parliament, as the highest law-making institution in the country, allowed religious elements in the swearing-in process of its Members, such as Christians swearing by the Bible and ending with the phrase “So help me God.”
Shanmugam expresses surprise at Faisal’s statement
In response, Shanmugam stated that he was surprised by Faisal’s statement and added that it contained serious implications.
Shanmugam said,”it contradicts everything that we hold as central and important in Singapore.”
Here, Shanmugam elaborated that should there not be a separation between religion and politics, it would mean that those who are part of the majority religion must have the bigger say, or a plurality at least.
He questioned, “Do you think the position of religious minorities will be better or worse?”
The Minister then told Faisal, “I see your position and I leave will the chambers with those statements ringing in my head, that you reject the separation of religion from politics.”
AdvertisementFaisal attempts to clarify his stance
Shanmugam repeats his question
This brought Shanmugam to his next question for Faisal.
“So, if a religious leader, a Muslim religious leader, comes out and says, Islam covers all aspects of life, and therefore, Muslims must vote for Muslims. I suppose that follows, doesn’t it? Based on your position.”
To this, Faisal replied that he disagreed as he had mentioned in his speech that religion should not be used for politics.
Shanmugam rephrased his clarifications, pointing out that the logical conclusion of Faisal’s position was that religion should also impact the formulation of government policy.
Faisal answered:
“I believe in terms of the policies that are actually related to religion, like currently what we are discussing about, even the Minister has to consult the religious groups, right? So there is an element of, especially in these policies, an element of intertwine between politics and religion, which cannot be separated.”
AdvertisementYes or No?
At this point, the questioning took on a note of frustration, with Shanmugam repeating his question for the third time, along with an added request for a simple answer.
“I don’t think we are going anywhere, because we are going around in circles. Either your words mean something: A, or B. Do you believe, I ask you for the final time, religion and politics should be kept separate? A simple answer would do. “
Shanmugam then repeated his question two more times in response to Faisal’s repeated reiteration that the clarification Shanmugam sought for could be found in his speech.
Faisal replied:
“I do not wish to be engaged in such debate, because as I mentioned just now, it is clearly stated in my speech. I believe your clarification, Minister, is directed to my speech.”
Pritam Singh intervenes
Subsequently, WP chief Pritam Singh signaled his intent to the Deputy Speaker to give an answer.
However, Shanmugam addressed his question one more time in Faisal’s direction, who responded:
“I do agree that religion needs to be kept aside, apart from politics so that religion won’t be used to gain personal benefit or for the benefit of any political party.”
The floor was then given over to Pritam who clarified that the position of a minority MP for any party was to represent not just members of their own community, but also members of other faiths.
Pritam then added that the way forward was “to accept that there has to be a certain degree of understanding towards other faiths, and move forward in a way which accepts that we must be mindful of introducing religion into politics.”
As for Faisal’s position, Pritam stated that he was coming was from his faith, which was also a value-system, one that was similar to Christianity.
Pritam then reiterated,”But I think ultimately for a Member of Parliament of any political party in Singapore, I think it’s important that you remember that you have to represent the interests of every community, not just yours.”
Advertisement
Top image collage from gov.sg
Share this story:
fb-icon.svg
tw-icon.svg
whats-icon.svg

If you like what you read, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Telegram to get the latest updates.
About Matthias Ang
Matthias-36c9bges5mwko0x2o7g45c.jpg

Matthias is that annoying guy whose laughter overshadows the joke.
Show Facebook comments

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Aiyah shan.....just make law that any person who is religious cannot stand for election. Problem solved.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In india, muslims are suppressed and oppressed. Just ask zakir naik who seeked refuge in malaysia.and kashmir issue. so shan is just a extension of this hindu persecuting muslims.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP scared shit of the Muslim in Sinkieland, look at the organization Muslim Muis all Top position held by Pappies. Ah NEH shld get his facts right.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why the fucker Shanmugger never question his own boss about separating religion from politics?

View attachment 66097
PM Lee Hsien Loong joining children on stage to sing One People, One Nation, One Singapore with the crowd during the Jubilee Day of Prayer at the Sports Hub yesterday. The event was co-organised by the National Council of Churches in Singapore and the Evangelical Fellowship of Singapore.ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

By the same token, the "Dishonourable Son" of a PM should also know better to separate his own dirty private linen from being washed in public and using public resources as his own to prove he is honourable! :rolleyes:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
In india, muslims are suppressed and oppressed. Just ask zakir naik who seeked refuge in malaysia.and kashmir issue. so shan is just a extension of this hindu persecuting muslims.
What about minorities persecuted and oppressed by mudslimes? What garbage mudslimes face is nothing compared to minorities under mudslimes rule. What the chicoms are doing in Xinjiang is a walk in the park compared to what mudslimes do to other minorities..look at Isis etc

Last edited:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that you have a full time cabinet minister named as "Minister-in-Charge of Muslim Affairs"....is not religious politics?