• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Food in Singapore

Naka_Timo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread will discuss and talk about those good food in singapore. Any 1 got any intro can jus drop it inside here.

Here is a few that i always frequent:
1) Pig Organ Soup stall @ foch road, not sure wat the name of the stall
2) Mee Poh Dry @ sim lim sqare ( add noodles is free)
3) Tin Sum Mongkok @ geylang
4) Frog leg Porridge @ Eniment plaza and Geylang area

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This thread will discuss and talk about those good food in singapore. Any 1 got any intro can jus drop it inside here.

Here is a few that i always frequent:
1) Pig Organ Soup stall @ foch road, not sure wat the name of the stall
2) Mee Poh Dry @ sim lim sqare ( add noodles is free)
3) Tin Sum Mongkok @ geylang
4) Frog leg Porridge @ Eniment plaza and Geylang area

You're going to clog up all your arteries and destroy all your heart valves in no time at all. :eek:

global25

Alfrescian
Loyal
i like good food.

It is too wide to name which are good given the wide choice available.

I suggest to split out the topic...eg where have good cha kway teow, prawn noddles, craypot rice, etc...more easy for others to comment. Or else information become very rojak.

Alternative from a section delicate to food, health and sporting.

Let start with one number food in Singapore, Hainanese Chicken rice.

Chatterbox(Mandarin hotel)
5 stars Hainanese chicken
Boon Tong Kee

simone

Alfrescian
Loyal
whether u r having dinner or just chilling out.

got to know this place at 82 BOAT QUAY. (just beside the former coffee bean)

local delights like katong laksa and chicken rice

north indian food and hong kong style noodles

MY favourite is the seafood tze char whereby u can sit by the river, enjoy the same ambience as the restaurants BUT paying a fraction.. cos the prices are all like what normal seafood stalls are charging

they also have a cafe for ur gourmet coffee needs

cheers

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good food in Spore is a myth! Cannot undertand why u people raving mad about this & that. Want good food, its your home cooked food prepared by the old folks lah! Also u need to cross to Malaysia. If you got more money then to HK & Thailand! Now then we are talking about REALLY GOOD GOOD GOOD FOOD!

jw5

Loyal
Good food in Spore is a myth! Cannot undertand why u people raving mad about this & that. Want good food, its your home cooked food prepared by the old folks lah! Also u need to cross to Malaysia. If you got more money then to HK & Thailand! Now then we are talking about REALLY GOOD GOOD GOOD FOOD!
Are you saying that the food in HK and Thailand is better than in SG?
People have different tastes but I'm sure that there are some great tasting good in SG that you can't get in HK or Thailand.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
how about thunder tea rice.....itz healthy & taste good too......use 2 eat @ the stall @ china square but don't know where it moved 2 since the whole place under renovation....

jw5

Loyal
how about thunder tea rice.....itz healthy & taste good too......use 2 eat @ the stall @ china square but don't know where it moved 2 since the whole place under renovation....
Hey, I'm a great fan of thunder tea rice as well.
Not just the green tea soup but also the ingredients mixed with the rice. Btw, I don't pour the soup into the rice. What about you?
Do you know where to get good tasting thunder tea rice in SG?

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, I'm a great fan of thunder tea rice as well.
Not just the green tea soup but also the ingredients mixed with the rice. Btw, I don't pour the soup into the rice. What about you?
Do you know where to get good tasting thunder tea rice in SG?

i like to pour the soup into the rice....tasted better 4 me......i am not sure where 2 find good thunder tea rice since the 1 @ china square closed 4 reno.....where do u usually have ur thunder tea rice.....????

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medical care & treatment in S'pore is so expensive. Only silly people eat such unhealthy foods.

You won't understand, it's a S'porean thingie to clog up our arteries just to satisfy our simple pleasures....

what's the point of living longer if you cannot enjoy it? LOL..

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
82 BOAT QUAY. (just beside the former coffee bean)
local delights like katong laksa and chicken rice. north indian food and hong kong style noodles ...sit by the river, enjoy the same ambience as the restaurants BUT paying a fraction.
If you can get away from touting. Popped by this evening. Kopitiam pricing, think share same kitchen next door for seafood fronting river (price differentiation, good china for same stuff??:p)

vbchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kampong Chicken Rice at Thomson Ridge/Upp Thomson Rd (just before Thomson Plaza towards Mandai direction)

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
i like the 5 stars chicken rice, cheap & good. compare the the dont what tiong kee chicken rice, is so fuc*ing ex.... i used to bring my oversea friends to eat the 5 stars chicken rice, then bring them to call chicken in GL..hahaha.....