• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Good Dalai Lama Ask Little Keling To Suck His Tongue!

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
:tongue:

IMG_20230412_104623.jpg

Beria

Alfrescian
Loyal
all staunch buddhists (i have many staunch relatives), please wake the fuck up!!
sorry, all religious fanatics
Those who follow the Dalai Lama belong to a certain subset of Buddhists and are more motivated by Tibetan nationalism as opposed to the Mahayana faith

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dalai Lama: The significance of ‘tongue greetings’ in Tibetan culture​

97990f25a14db6fc648501424786c3e5

Shweta Sharma
Tue, 11 April 2023 at 6:01 pm SGT

The Dalai Lama has been defended by his supporters online after a video showed him kissing a boy on the lips and asking him to “suck his tongue”, with some arguing that the exchange can be partly explained by Tibetan culture.
The leader of Tibetan Buddhism did not make any reference to Tibetan traditions in his own statement after the incident, where he publicly apologised to the boy and his family and said he “regrets the incident”.
“The Dalai Lama often teases people he meets in an innocent and playful way,” the statement said.
“His Holiness wishes to apologise to the boy and his family, as well as his many friends across the world, for the hurt his words may have caused.”
Many have criticised the Dalai Lama over the incident, which was called out in reactions online as being “inappropriate” and “disgusting”. Some commentators and victims’ groups have compared the spiritual leader’s conduct to “child abuse”.
Some Tibetan activists, however, have argued that the incident is one of a “joke” being overblown, while others suggested the Dalai Lama was being attacked over “[a] Tibetan way of expression”.
“At [the] Dalai Lama’s temple, a child asked him if he could hug Dalai Lama & he said yes, then he asked for a kiss & Dalai Lama did a kiss, then jokingly Dalai Lama said ‘you can suck my tongue’. So that was a part of a joke or just a play with the kid, so we should not go more than that,” said Dawa Tsering, a member of the Tibetan Parliament In Exile which, like the Dalai Lama himself, is based in Dharamshala, India.
“Expression of emotions and manners today has been melted together and become vividly westernised,” Namdol Lhagyari, a Tibetan activist in exile, wrote on Twitter. “Bringing in narrative of other cultures, customs and social influence on gender and sexuality to interpret Tibetan way of expression is heinous.”
What is the Tibetan culture of tongue greetings?
Sticking out your tongue is traditionally a sign of respect or agreement and has also been used as a greeting in Tibetan culture, according to the Institute of East Asian Studies at the University of California, Berkeley.
Perhaps the most famous Western cultural reference to this tradition comes in the film Seven Years in Tibet starring Brad Pitt, where Pitt’s character encounters a group of children who stick out their tongues at him. The film offers no further explanation of their actions.
According to Tibetan folklore, people in the Buddhist culture began sticking out their tongue to disassociate themselves from the 9th century Tibetan king Lang Darma, who was infamous for his cruelty and was said to have had a black tongue.
As Buddhists believe in reincarnation after death, the tradition is said to have emerged as a way for people to show they were not the king reincarnated and therefore not to be associated with his evil deeds.
However, there is no mention in either this folklore or the broader traditional greeting of sucking the tongue.
What does the video show?
The video that has been widely circulated on social media shows the Dalai Lama kissing a young Indian boy on his lips after he came forward to pay his respects. The Dalai Lama’s statement claims the boy voluntarily stepped forward during a public question and answer session where he had asked if he could hug the spiritual leader.
After holding the boy’s chin and kissing him, the Dalai Lama touches foreheads with the boy and then can be heard saying, in English, “can you suck my tongue”. He then sticks out his tongue as the boy leans forward briefly.
Child rights activist Shola Mos-Shogbamimu said we should not normalise child molestation under the garb of playful behaviour with children.
“This is NOT playful banter & so inappropriate to use ‘affectionately plants kiss’ alongside ‘suck my tongue’. Hugs are fine not this. Don’t normalise molestation of kids - don’t care how revered the Dalai Lama is I’m not OK with a child sucking a grown man/woman/anyone’s tongue,” she said.
Nilanjana Bhowmick, an Indian journalist and commentator, said “there is a difference between sticking out your tongue and asking a minor to suck it!”

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
rlibr1jo_dalai-lama_625x300_09_April_23.jpg

NEW DELHI: The Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama apologised on Monday (Apr 10) after a video which showed him asking a boy to suck his tongue triggered a backlash on social media.

The video, which has gone viral, shows the Dalai Lama, 87, planting a kiss on the boy's lips as he leaned in to pay his respects.

The Buddhist monk is then seen sticking his tongue out as he asked the child to suck it. "Can you suck my tongue," he is heard asking the young boy in the video.

The video is from an event in McLeod Ganj, a suburb of Dharamshala city in northern India, on Feb 28.

"His Holiness wishes to apologise to the boy and his family,
as well as his many friends across the world, for the hurt his words may have caused," said a statement posted on his verified Twitter account.

"His Holiness often teases the people he meets in an innocent and playful way, even in public and before cameras," it added. "He regrets the incident."

Twitter users slammed the video, calling it "disgusting" and "absolutely sick" after it started trending on Sunday.

"Utterly shocked to see this display by the #DalaiLama. In the past too, he's had to apologise for his sexist comments. But saying - Now suck my tongue to a small boy is disgusting," wrote user Sangita.

Another poster, Rakhi Tripathi, said: "What did I just see? What that child must be feeling? Disgusting."

The Dalai Lama remains the universally recognised face of the movement for Tibetan autonomy.

But the global spotlight he enjoyed after winning the 1989 Nobel Peace Prize has dimmed and the deluge of invitations to hobnob with world leaders and Hollywood stars has slowed, partly because the ageing leader has cut back on his punishing travel schedule, but also due to China's growing economic and political clout.

Beijing accuses him of wanting to split China, and has referred to him as a "wolf in a monk's robe".

In 2019, the Dalai Lama apologised for saying that if his successor were to be a woman, she would have to be "attractive".

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asi...s-ask-boy-suck-his-tongue-viral-video-3407906
Why apologise when it is just a revelation of his true self.
A great fraud. Criminal.

The Crow

Alfrescian
Loyal
You suck mine and I suck yours? ... :o-o:

Attachments

• Mozambique-spitting-cobra-captured-in-the-courtyard-of-a-Westville-home-after-it-spat-in-the-e...jpg
    Mozambique-spitting-cobra-captured-in-the-courtyard-of-a-Westville-home-after-it-spat-in-the-e...jpg
    223 KB · Views: 47