• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goldman Sachs manipulates market again

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Several trading days ago someone in the gold market bought puts amounting to a million ounces of gold.

Then four days after that, Goldman Sachs comes out with a report that is bearish on gold.

Fucking market manipulators. PHUI!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
gold.gif

This is the kind of manipulation i'm talking abt.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sum1 oso 1st short sel olam ...

den oso, sum1 came out repot say olam going insolvent! ... :eek:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
frankly, i am a little worried, gold price has been rising for the past 12 years, no other stocks and commodities have performed like that before and apparently, the number of gold investors has risen about 40% for the past few years. so it is up to you, i'd think go for it as intermediate time frame investor and not long term.:smile:

Is it a good time to buy gold now? Any expert input from brothers & sisters here?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not surprised at all. I watch the US market & see this happening often with shares like Apple. Analysts will either talk down or up the shares to influence the market. That's why I'm not convinced that the days of Apple are over:wink:

applejuice

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly, i am a little worried, gold price has been rising for the past 12 years, no other stocks and commodities have performed like that before and apparently, the number of gold investors has risen about 40% for the past few years. so it is up to you, i'd think go for it as intermediate time frame investor and not long term.:smile:

Good info. No wonder gold price kept going up.

cowpehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not surprised at all. I watch the US market & see this happening often with shares like Apple. Analysts will either talk down or up the shares to influence the market. That's why I'm not convinced that the days of Apple are over:wink:

yes, especially during the comex gold trading..very obvious shorting actions...the whole US stoch and commodities market are manipulated,,and white house dont care..bcos all the treasury secretary are from wall street...

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is it a good time to buy gold now? Any expert input from brothers & sisters here?

Gold follows a cycle. 18 months consolidation followed by 9 months of bull. We are near the end of the 18 month consolidation period. Next bull phase expected in mar 2013.

Of course if the cycle suddenly comes to an end, who know what will happen. Fundamental case for gold is bullish intermediate term, but the secular bull market has been going on VERY long already.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[h=1]http://blog.bcaresearch.com/precious-metals-consolidation

Precious Metals Consolidation
[/h] Near-term liquidation in gold is possible, but the cyclical bull market will remain intact.

A ccording to our Commodity & Energy Strategy service, precious metals are trading more like liquidity plays than “safe havens”. Hence, speculative liquidation and a dollar bounce alone are sufficient to spark corrections in these metals.

Nevertheless, the staying power of any liquidation should prove limited beyond the next month or two. The underlying trends in gold and silver will be influenced by the continued low level of interest rates and central bank efforts to expand liquidity.

As long as interest rates remain far below historical norms, the dollar will have difficulty rising significantly and funds will continue to flow into precious metals ETFs. Moreover, platinum and palladium stand to benefit when the depressed global auto demand cycle normalizes – a process that should begin in 2013.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
As time goes by even safe havens get crowded. To avoid hunger, reach for yield. What is next?

applejuice

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gold follows a cycle. 18 months consolidation followed by 9 months of bull. We are near the end of the 18 month consolidation period. Next bull phase expected in mar 2013.

Of course if the cycle suddenly comes to an end, who know what will happen. Fundamental case for gold is bullish intermediate term, but the secular bull market has been going on VERY long already.

Agree that fundamental case for gold is bullish since there are many applications that requires gold. Eventually, there will be an end to extracting gold from mother earth - unless synthetic gold could be invented. The secular bull market should be getting tired now after the super long run.

Personally I don't subscribe to the cycle indicator. Just look at SG property cycle. It used to be 7 years and now it is long overdue and still running.

Tiger year used to be a good indicator when the SG market will plunged. It happened in 1974 Oil crisis, 1986 Pan Electric, 1998 AFC but in 2010, there is no plunge. The plunge came in 2008 and bottomed in early 2009 - GFC. 2010 is the year where the SG stock market was riding high instead. In fact it peaked in Oct 2010 at 3313.