• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Golden Age says actions will be in Asia next 50 years!

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: East Asia and China will be where the action is in the next 50 years, said Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew at a dialogue on Tuesday to celebrate 30 years of China's reform and opening up.

Mr Lee said China is on the right track by not blocking imports and attracting multi-national corporations to operate in the country.

"They have taken the smarter route – I learn from you, I catch up, then I innovate and I compete with you. I think that is the way it will have to go," he said.

One way for China to move forward is to step up innovation and produce new products in the way the Japanese have done.

Another thing that the Chinese have going for them is the sheer size of its population. The minister mentor illustrated this point with the analogy of how China selected its cosmonaut from a talent pool of 1,500 people.

Mr Lee said China will have to continue to upgrade its workers and attract new investments in order to gain new skills and technology.

He said: "The promise is there; whether the promise is fulfilled depends on how the leaders direct this creativity or allow this creativity or innovation to flourish."

In light of the global economic downturn, the minister mentor said what China can do is to keep the economy running and to help the countries around the region.

But for now, it is beyond China's capacity to rescue America and Europe out of their current predicament as the country does not have the same reach throughout the world.

Mr Lee said China's reform and growth hold many learning points for ASEAN countries, which boil down to having a well-organised system and good quality human resources.

- CNA

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
lky talk lan chiow words as he directed the creativity of singaporeans into skyving and kenging from NS.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE: "They have taken the smarter route – I learn from you, I catch up, then I innovate and I compete with you. I think that is the way it will have to go," he said.
- CNA

So where are we now? Golden period again? Did the life of Singaporean reached swiss standard of living, how many still living in poverty and owe HDB billions of loan. Why block our CPF, how come our education system cannot produce talent that we need to import them?
The above are signs of poor leadership.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
China and east asia will be fucked next year. The numbers of unemployment will be too huge to erase.

There are too few rich people in China. SMEs does not exist in China they way they do in US.