• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng, opposition are too strong thats why they lost in the GE

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
12088004_1674452926100525_5263856525326602250_n.jpg
Goh Meng Seng is delusional for saying that the Opposition are too strong therefore they lost big time in the last GE! Stop comforting yourself leh! How strong can the opposition be with misfits as candidates running for election?!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In this instance, I agree with GMS.

It is not that opposition was strong. Opposition in fact had a less good hand compared to 2011 when the ground was much, much angrier. What went well for the opposition, especially WP, was that they had attracted even more talent. Their teams in 2015 were even better compared to 2011.

The image painted (rightly or wrongly) was that the opposition was going to win and bite off more than it could chew. This scared some swing voters. However, I don't think this is the main reason. The main thing was that people believed (rightly or wrongly) that PAP had made improvements, and also were influenced by the SG50 and LKY factors.

Pioneers like Tiger Hong being lauded at LHL's NDR speech was a powerful image too. When 22 year old girls can cry at NDP at the images of LKY's achievements, you know that the ground swing will favour PAP. It was simply that both sides did not guess the swing will be that huge.

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
U still haven't given up?

No functioning democracy can have a party securing 70% of valid votes.

It is not that opposition was strong. Opposition in fact had a less good hand compared to 2011 when the ground was much, much angrier. What went well for the opposition, especially WP, was that they had attracted even more talent. Their teams in 2015 were even better compared to 2011.

The image painted (rightly or wrongly) was that the opposition was going to win and bite off more than it could chew. This scared some swing voters. However, I don't think this is the main reason. The main thing was that people believed (rightly or wrongly) that PAP had made improvements, and also were influenced by the SG50 and LKY factors.

Pioneers like Tiger Hong being lauded at LHL's NDR speech was a powerful image too. When 22 year old girls can cry at NDP at the images of LKY's achievements, you know that the ground swing will favour PAP. It was simply that both sides did not guess the swing will be that huge.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The reasons for PAP to garner a landslide victory in GE 2015 :

1. Harry
2. SG50
3. The middle class
4. New shitizens

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the most ridiculous statements I ever heard.

The question of winning is never on strength, but on trust. How much do Singaporeans trust the candidate to lead the country ?

My take is that the Opps, despite all the noise and fury, have not demonstrated by any records what they could deliver on their promises and convince Singaporeans that they have what it takes to lead the country well. They are not very different from the armchair critics of the PAP in this forum.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't say they are strong but they campaign too strongly and scared off the voters for fear of freak results. while pap purposely created the impression that the contest was intense and there is a likely chance pap will be overthrown.

It might perhaps be more tactically sound if opposition campaign like an underdog.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was disproved when Tony Tan secured only 35% of the vote which was 25% less than the 60% that PAP got. The fact that Tan Cheng Bock won 34% proved that he won not only 25% of the PAP votes but another 9% of the opposition votes. Tan Jee Say and Tan Kin Lian received only 30% of the votes, 10% less than the opposition votes.

U still haven't given up?

No functioning democracy can have a party securing 70% of valid votes.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Would u rather believe goh meng seng?or would u rather believe all the retarded reasons PAP and pap ibs are coming up with to justify their amazing landslide victory?I think I just saw a ufo.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I won't say they are strong but they campaign too strongly and scared off the voters for fear of freak results. while pap purposely created the impression that the contest was intense and there is a likely chance pap will be overthrown.

It might perhaps be more tactically sound if opposition campaign like an underdog.

I have never liked this explanation or rationale. What is the opposition supposed to do - campaign weakly so as not to frighten voters? It is human nature to fight hard to win and 30% of the voters felt that the opposition should win. And what is the oppo supposed to do in 2020? Reduce the campaign? Then if they lose 70-30 again, people will now say they lost because they campaigned weakly.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Goh Meng Seng is a retard! Opposition lost because they did very little post-GE2011. Nobody can recall what GMS and his team did for sinkies since 2011. Same for vast majority of the opposition groups. As such, the average rational sinkie voter is not going for vote for the opposition. PAP also shaped up a lot, such as building a lot of new flats, giving more university places to sinkies, cash for NS-Men, PGP, salary increment for civil servants, and all the SG50 goodies.

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah.........2 reasons lah...........

1) Sinkies have as much brains as a slug.............

2) Sinkies have as much balls as eunuchs..............