• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng attacks Yaw Shin Leong on his blog

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
brocoli said:
are you talking about Lim Boon Heng, I have no idea,.

You are too young to know the ex-Minister he is referring to.

Another thing GMS evidently has his own agenda to blow up this thing. Just study his other posts and you know what I mean. Why are you his multiplier?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are too young to know the ex-Minister he is referring to.

Another thing GMS evidently has his own agenda to blow up this thing. Just study his other posts and you know what I mean. Why are you his multiplier?

YA i am gen z gen y, I wun know,...

i know GMS dun really get on well with WP nowadays over the MK saga...
I have also clash with him many times ...

here is an example:
http://singsupplies.com/showthread....ng-to-contest-in-Tampines&p=884428#post884428...

he probably dun like me too much too ...

BUt I really believe WP need to own up, this is for the good of WP and opp in the long run... if anything I think he was holding back for fear of being whack ,,,,or because of personal frenship...

if WP carry on this way ... it can only be a harbinger of future 2nd party of the a 2 party system and not be the 2nd party itself....

if you read my post... I really believe what I say... I am not parroting him... I was the 1st to open thread on this ... it got deleted...
it is ok to hang Yaw ... WP 's reputation is larger and more important than Yaw...
if you get rid of Yaw... i guarantee you WP will be come out stronger and attract even more talent than ever before....

yaw is not indispensible...

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bill Clinton caused Al Gore and the Democrats to lose the 2000 election, despite presiding over a booming economy and a successful foreign policy. His affair also played a role in her wife defeat during the Democratic Primary in 2008.

As for Chua Soi Lek, WP should learn the lesson of MCA. MCA grassroot supported Chua and allowed him to make a comeback. Look at MCA right now, its image continues to be tarnished by Chua and losing Chinese support. While BN continues to consolidate support among the Malays and Indians, their support among the Chinese is at one of its lowest, no doubt due to MCA's and Chua's tarnished image.

Sorry, bro, have to disagree. Al Gore was defeated by his own weakness as a candidate. He was a stiff, aristocratic, head up in the air guy who couldn't connect with the masses. Nothing to do with Bill Clinton. In fact, during the height of the M.L. scandal, the partisan nature of the attack caused many people to sympathize with Bill.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Scroobal,

It is not about being moralist or what. And I am not naive to think that nothing goes on in PAP camp and I am not naive to think that MSM will report on all these things. Life isn't fair and opposition political life in Singapore is definitely not fair. We live with it, we live by it until the day comes when we can change it.

I am talking about voters perception here. You should read my latest blog post on the two key factors which corrupt power. When you are employing somebody who will be in charge of great amount of resources, would you employ someone with a track record of cheating? Maybe you would in the name of giving him second chance, but in general, Singaporeans are conservative and risk adverse. That is why they would not prefer an adulterer to become political officer holders. This is fact of life in Singapore, again, we live with it, we live by it.

Thus, in terms of public interests, whether it is PAP or opposition, we will demand a certain character standards. Yes, MSM may not report on PAP's lemons but there is really nothing we could do as opposition. And yes, MSM has finally reported on Opposition's scandal, then we will have to face the music and consequences.

Two wrongs do not make one right.

I reiterate, it is not about morality but rather, the risk involves in getting people with certain character flaws to become political representatives. Not all character flaws matter but it just happens that Greed and Sex are the two most common and powerful factors of corruption.

Goh Meng Seng

Bro, you are not running for pastor, priest, or to be the Mother Superior of the Carmelite order. You are a politician and should know what to do in such matters. Your initial reaction to this was good but not sure why you did this.

Secondly I am sure you are so naive as to think that nothing goes on in the PAP camp. I am absolutely certain that you and other opposition MPs are aware of what is going in their camp as the grassroots are aware.

There is a high profile ex-MP who is holding a prominent post in the private sector who used to bash his wife black and blue. They are now divorced and he used to take his subordinate female overseas for "sightseeing". I have refrained from naming those who had extra martial affairs as these did not involve conflict of interest or compromised their position of trust. I named those who either used sex to advance their career or having their affairs exposed did unconscionable things such as forcing their subordinates to take the fall.

Lets assume that YSL screwed a member of the CEC. What is he going to get in return? How is it going to effect the people of Hougang. Their respective parties are aggrieved parties. Did they want you to sound the whole world and help them.

You know TRE's history from the very start. It came from them. Joe Ong is a nut case. He is obsessed with women in politics. The number of times he has asked forum members to PM him with details on scandals is well known using various nicks. You and couple of clowns here can't differentiate what is public concern and what is not. You want to destroy the lives of 4 people

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
I reiterate, it is not about morality but rather, the risk involves in getting people with certain character flaws to become political representatives. Not all character flaws matter but it just happens that Greed and Sex are the two most common and powerful factors of corruption.
Goh Meng Seng

i was just saying you were holding back, now you seem to have cross the frigging line...
I thought we were just talking about poor PR and Image management...
why you get personal and talk about character flaws... ? duhzzz
you are so getting to get whacked and flamed after the above post ....

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
skponggol,

I'm afraid I have to disagree on many of the pts u have raised.

Firstly, there is no way the allegations are false. If it were so, they would have been refuted, laughed at, and the parties making those allegations thoroughly discredited or even potentially facing a defamation suit.

The point is that while there has to be some truth in those allegations, dat does not mean wat has been told is 100% accurate. Don't forget there are some people out there (like GMS) who has an agenda to destroy WP and in particular a personal vendetta against YSL. These allegations could have been mixed with various falsehoods to intensify the negative image and drag innocent parties into the fray. WP and YSL in particular have a duty to protect the innocent parties from the falsehood that has been stirred into the story.

Right now, let me tell you very honesty, what WP is doing is not simply to study ways to minimize political damage, but also to find out what really is the truth, what really happened. Someone out there might be deliberately mixing truth and falsity so as to smear YSL and WP's reputations. WP 1st must ascertain what has been really going on, before making a judgment to decide what to do. That is the real reason for its silence.

Secondly, how does a gag order hurt the families and women involved? These folks would gain no advantage in letting people go ahead and spill all the beans or start making comments here and there, even before the whole truth has been ascertained. In fact, the right way to protect the innocent is actually to impose a gag order, especially when the waters are still murky and there are many unsubstantiated rumours flying around, some of which may have absolutely no basis.

From the stand point of YSL wife and whoever parties are innocent victims, their interest would not be served at all by bringing the press into the fray, but rather quietly resolving the issue with their own spouses away from the media spotlight. This is a very personal, a very private, and yes, an extremely hurtful and embarrassing set of circumstances. The last thing any innocent spouse would want is to have the media barging in, or to have WP people starting to comment here and there.

Goh Meng Seng is a rascal and a very evil man. He is well aware that what he posted here has the potential to cause very extreme emotional harm to the spouses involved.

What if the allegations and rumours are false and inaccurate ???

The Workers' Party would suffer an even bigger damage to its reputation and image among its rank-and-files if the rumours were ultimately to be proven false....

If the rumours are false, why are the involved parties and families keeping quiet ??? They must be going thru hell with all the smears hurled at them. Is it fair to the involved parties and their families for going thru such ordeals if the rumours are false and inaccurare.

Why can't the party and the involved members stand up, clarify and speak up for their loved ones if the rumours are false ? Why are they allowing their family to be pinpoint and smear by the public ? And whose fault is that ? There seems to be a party gag order that prevent anyone from speaking up, even for their loved one.

What kind of message are they sending down to the members ? Their private lives will not only be unprotected but must also be surrendered to the party. Everytime they want to stand up and speak up for themselves and family, they have to seek party approval and permission.

Who dare to join and remain at the party ? Their spouses/parents/children would be uncomfortable for their loved ones being associated with such organisation (cult) as they would put aside their family interest in the name of party unity and image.

" 一切顺从党的指示, 一切遵照党的吩咐, 一切听命党的号令......党大于一切...."

There would be no life outside the Party.

For the Party Big Brothers : "党外无党, 帝王思想".
For the Party members : "党外无党, 奴才思想".

How can they be 魏徵 when everything has to be vetted and approved by the Party, where everyone has to be 唯唯诺诺 to the Party Big Brothers.

If the rumours are ultimatelyt false, this whole thing would be comical, tragic and absurd.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Secondly, how does a gag order hurt the families and women involved? These folks would gain no advantage in letting people go ahead and spill all the beans or start making comments here and there, even before the whole truth has been ascertained. In fact, the right way to protect the innocent is actually to impose a gag order, especially when the waters are still murky and there are many unsubstantiated rumours flying around, some of which may have absolutely no basis.

TFBH, a gag order would have help if LOw say what Teo CHee Hean said,

"we take all allegation very seriously, our internal Party discipline committee is investigating them seriously, in the mean time, we urge the public not to speculate so as not cause harm to the familes involved, we hope the media will respect the privacy of the family involved, if he is innocent, we would wan to clear his name too so as not to sully the reputation of our MP and the Party"

Is that so hard???? this is obviously Low imposing his way over the CEC.... I am just a kid and I can think of this 1st draft in 4 Minutes... Dun tell me Gerald, SHow Mao and Pritam are stupid...

WP have screwed up badly. you ah pek can cook up 10,000 excuses and stories but screw up is screw up...

I am still waiting for scroobal to regale us with more stories of PAP/NTUC misdeeds, they are jin sexciting and interesting even though of absolute no relevance to this discussion at all....

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm just relating to cultural reality. No offence meant to any woman. It takes two hands to clap unless it's a rape. Is it? Even whether anything has happened is also unestablished. Why jump into conclusion? US police practise giving the right of silence to suspects. Many opposition supporters are supporting that since police under PAP administration doesn't really accord that right. Now? YSL says it's just rumours and no comments. What's wrong with that?

If you raised the part about womanizing at other threads, it is fine by me. But raising an excuse, disguised as "cultural reality" here when we are discussing about YSL's case, you had driven the nail into the coffin for YSL. It is either: You are convinced that YSL really had affair or you already knew that he had an affair. Simple.

You are providing a cushion for Yaw if/when the rumor turns out to be true - you have already pre-judged the case. I did not even see you using this defense when we are talking about Shammugam or Foo Mee Har. The next question I'm going to ask is that - Why the double standard?

If I am not sure whether if the recent rumors about Yaw is true or not, I would not even raise the womanizing as part of my defense at all. (You can check my previous posting.) Trying to be fair, not targeting at WP or Yaw.

Lumpar

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello hello ...long time no see, simi taichi, ppl sio kan, you guys cow pei cow bu for what, go n make baby lah, lol

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Now now, TFBH isn't that Thick Face Black Heart after all! :wink:

Look, TFBH, talking about "spouse's emotions", you actually blame me ? Are you sure or not?

I will tell you who is the real rascal. The ones (please note, it may not be only one) who scheme, back stab YSL and mastermind the release of such information to TNP and subsequently to TRE, is the rascal. And this rascal is in WP, not outside. Of course, if YSL really commits adultery and get the lady pregnant, he will be the rascal. Even if I want to be a rascal, I will have to take a queue number, wait long long.

I do not know why you think I would have any "personal vendetta" against WP, least YSL. Well, the truth is, it is more likely YSL has personal vendetta against me when I was in WP (from all the things I heard from various individuals) but that was the past.

You are really a very bad investigator to start with. You should read more Chinese ancient history or just watch the Korean drama series on TV talking about ancient politicking. If you want to pin point anyone, you should always start with conflict of interests. Who has the most conflict of interests? Who has the most vengeance to start with? I can tell you off hand that it is partly personal vengeance related to relationship coupled with political motives. Only "insiders" from WP will have both "ingredients", not outsiders like me.

So, you should be thinking "someone IN THERE" instead of "someone OUT THERE" dude! To protect the parties involved with a gag order? That's too lame an excuse. One of the two ladies rumored to be involved in the adultery has already been identified and interviewed by the press. Even the husband has been pressed. What sort of protection would there be? Don't fool yourself. Damage has already been done, especially to the woman who is "exposed" once the MSM has reported on this case.

This comes to one important point. Why would the "informer" to TRE only identify Angela and NOT the other woman? This is for you to think about. This is truly a political cum personal motivated ploy. If this report is true, then the main suspect of "spilling the beans" should be the unnamed lady; out of jealousy and vengeance, plus political motives.

Yes, go and look for your rascal! But please remember, its SOMEONE IN THERE, NOT OUT THERE.

Goh Meng Seng

skponggol,

I'm afraid I have to disagree on many of the pts u have raised.

Firstly, there is no way the allegations are false. If it were so, they would have been refuted, laughed at, and the parties making those allegations thoroughly discredited or even potentially facing a defamation suit.

The point is that while there has to be some truth in those allegations, dat does not mean wat has been told is 100% accurate. Don't forget there are some people out there (like GMS) who has an agenda to destroy WP and in particular a personal vendetta against YSL. These allegations could have been mixed with various falsehoods to intensify the negative image and drag innocent parties into the fray. WP and YSL in particular have a duty to protect the innocent parties from the falsehood that has been stirred into the story.

Right now, let me tell you very honesty, what WP is doing is not simply to study ways to minimize political damage, but also to find out what really is the truth, what really happened. Someone out there might be deliberately mixing truth and falsity so as to smear YSL and WP's reputations. WP 1st must ascertain what has been really going on, before making a judgment to decide what to do. That is the real reason for its silence.

From the stand point of YSL wife and whoever parties are innocent victims, their interest would not be served at all by bringing the press into the fray, but rather quietly resolving the issue with their own spouses away from the media spotlight. This is a very personal, a very private, and yes, an extremely hurtful and embarrassing set of circumstances. The last thing any innocent spouse would want is to have the media barging in, or to have WP people starting to comment here and there.

Goh Meng Seng is a rascal and a very evil man. He is well aware that what he posted here has the potential to cause very extreme emotional harm to the spouses involved.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
woah GMS is really CBK... when 1 ask he say he dunno, when I ask him again he still dunno, when TFBH throw all the shit at him ... he know everything liao ... SIMI LAN JIAO????

I will tell you who is the real rascal. The ones (please note, it may not be only one) who scheme, back stab YSL and mastermind the release of such information to TNP and subsequently to TRE, is the rascal. And this rascal is in WP, not outside.
Goh Meng Seng

they say is church, you say is Party... WOOHOO !!!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Don't be angry. I need time to collect information and do detailed analysis. There is no contradictions to say that the informants are from the Church while I say the masterminds are in the party. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

woah GMS is really CBK... when 1 ask he say he dunno, when I ask him again he still dunno, when TFBH throw all the shit at him ... he know everything liao ... SIMI LAN JIAO????

they say is church, you say is Party... WOOHOO !!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are missing the point. Saw your post to TFBHNearly all such matters have various levels of intrique. Nothing happens in a vacumn. Who back stabbed who is not the issue. That is for the housewives at the wet market. And obviously you. The issue is you holding court in public and driving the agenda on this. Clearly you like to see more damage done to WP rather than PAP. As I asked you before, why don't you be consistent and ask for public inquiry on all extra marital affairs of public officials or MPs or even ask Foo and Shanmugam to confirm or deny.
Scroobal,It is not about being moralist or what. And I am not naive to think that nothing goes on in PAP camp and I am not naive to think that MSM will report on all these things. Life isn't fair and opposition political life in Singapore is definitely not fair. We live with it, we live by it until the day comes when we can change it.Goh Meng Seng

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, bro, have to disagree. Al Gore was defeated by his own weakness as a candidate. He was a stiff, aristocratic, head up in the air guy who couldn't connect with the masses. Nothing to do with Bill Clinton. In fact, during the height of the M.L. scandal, the partisan nature of the attack caused many people to sympathize with Bill.

gore advocated gun control and lost electoral votes in his own state, tennessee, where at one time he was a senator representing the state. if he won tennessee, he would be president without relying on florida. florida was a factor as it is often a swing state in presidential elections. gore could have won florida and win the presidency discounting tennessee. what caused votes in dade county and counties with sizable cuban voters to swing in bush's favor was the result of the elian gonzalez affair. elian was plucked up alive in the sea off miami by fishermen and given to his closest relative in miami for safekeeping. his mom and boyfriend drowned in a bid to escape from cuba. his dad who remained in cuba wanted him back. janet reno, attorney general under clinton, negotiated for months with both sides and finally sent in stormtroopers to snatch the child weeks before the election. cubans and latino voters, who were typically sympathetic to democrats for more relaxed and open immigration policies, swung many votes over to republicans. cubans living in miami and dade county, no matter how liberal and progressive, just couldn't tolerate anyone helping or siding with the fidel regime in cuba. and what was bush's margin of victory in florida? 327 votes with 1 county to go for a machine recount.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Scroobal,

You can only fight your enemy's weaknesses with your strength, in order to win. If your enemy's weaknesses are also your own weaknesses while they have strength which you don't, then better run road. :wink:

It is good that our opponents are filled with "happenings" from within. Let them be and don't disturb. Why would you want to clear away their disadvantages, our advantage? But for opposition parties, that's another matter. You don't want to attract the same kinds of "happening creatures" like those in PAP to come to you, right? Then you will have to set a straight up example. Condoning weakness will only make it weaker. It applies to both sides.

I have told you, I am not the one who mastermind the stabbing nor make it "public" as you have said. This shit just happens because the seeds have been planted by someone with ambition from within. I am actually quite insignificant here. Very few people actually read what I write. :wink:

Whether I write it out or not, it still happens. What happens in WP, are just a natural extension of what has been planted into it. Internal strife happens everywhere, PAP and WP included.

But seriously, you have got your points wrong. This kind of back stabbing is the fundamental key to the rotting within. Yes, it is good for soap operas for housewives and intrigues like me, but it doesn't mean that it is of any less importance. In fact, it is more damaging than what you claim I am doing here.

PAP people do back stab each other from time to time but never have I seen such deep stabbing in the expense of the respective party's reputation and political future. There is always an unwritten rule for back stabbers. Stab as you can but please remember all of the people are on the same boat. It just shows how much hatred and negative energy are involved here.

If these fellows are not weeded out, PAP doesn't need to do anything at all and WP will just fall apart due to these malicious, devilish, scheming and unscrupulous parasites. PAP, with the MSM under its control, will have a jolly good time going in for the kill.

TFBH made unwarranted accusations on me in "talking bad" about WP offline. Well, if there isn't any sign of struggle, there won't be so many unhappy messages sprouting out from WP. Most importantly, the leadership won't be stressing about unity unity unity all day long.

Many people see this little scandalous crisis as something big but this is only the beginning and a sign of bigger things coming along the way. If it is not handled properly, you will end up with a ship full of leaking holes.

The usual opposition mindset is that if anything bad happens to them, it must be the work of PAP people. It must be "somebody out there" trying to destroy us kind of besiege mentality. But really, most of the time, it is the work of its own people.

Goh Meng Seng

You are missing the point. Saw your post to TFBHNearly all such matters have various levels of intrique. Nothing happens in a vacumn. Who back stabbed who is not the issue. That is for the housewives at the wet market. And obviously you. The issue is you holding court in public and driving the agenda on this. Clearly you like to see more damage done to WP rather than PAP. As I asked you before, why don't you be consistent and ask for public inquiry on all extra marital affairs of public officials or MPs or even ask Foo and Shanmugam to confirm or deny.

Last edited:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
While this issue is very hot in here, it has faded from the view of most Singaporeans. No credible evidence in the form of pictures or witnesses emerged. The wife expressed support and the abscence was explained by a normal CNY get a way. While there will be some who believe that this is real, there will be others who think this is just yet another smear attempt by the PAP dirty tricks dept.