• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS words of wisdom

PAPunk

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Sylvia Lim made an unsubstantiated accusation against NEA of being politically motivated of playing politics against WP and its TC, every WP people clap. Of course the minister in charge of NEA VB will have to respond. But when VB accused Pritam and Sylvia of being untruthful, back up with facts and documented proofs, even prepared to call witnesses, WP backed off, WP people rise up in arms against VB and those who criticised WP... This is the sad state of "mob democracy" we have ended up.

I have dealt with NEA prior to GE2011 over the summon they issued NSP for "illegal hawking" when we were carrying out our political activity on the ground. I have never accused NEA of "playing politics" outright but just reason that we are not engaging in "illegal hawking" but in fact "political activity" which has been enshrined and protected by our Constitution. WP kept quiet throughout then although their political ground work had been affected as well. Their CEC member even accused me of "dragging WP into the m&d" when I was merely stating a plain fact that this selling of party papers is a NORMAL political activity of all opposition parties. The fact is, now that this issue has been solved and a "new understanding" has been set, it benefits everybody in opposition, WP included.

Thus it is the standards of WP's politics. Very disappointing. If they want to accuse any people of "playing politics", at the very least, they must furnish it with facts, evidence and reasoning instead of just throwing m&d at others. It is disheartening to learn that WP totally lacks the spirit of upholding truth and fair dealings. It is ok for them to anyhow slam others but when their flaws were pointed out, they just act blur and play victims. Such tricks can only succeed to hoodwink people for once or twice but you cannot carry on using such tricks every time.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When Sylvia Lim made an unsubstantiated accusation against NEA of being politically motivated of playing politics against WP and its TC, every WP people clap. Of course the minister in charge of NEA VB will have to respond.

Not sure if this is really written by him or you but it omitted what happened before SL's reaction towards NEA. NEA had blasted AHPETC for "deflecting blame". Based on the same reason, WP in charge of AHPETC will have to respond.

WP people rise up in arms against VB and those who criticised WP...

This sounds serious. We are entering a period of civil war.

This is the sad state of "mob democracy" we have ended up.

Supporters defending the party they support is called mob democracy? Are parties with larger number of supporters banned from being supported?

I have dealt with NEA prior to GE2011 over the summon they issued NSP for "illegal hawking" when we were carrying out our political activity on the ground. I have never accused NEA of "playing politics" outright but just reason that we are not engaging in "illegal hawking" but in fact "political activity" which has been enshrined and protected by our Constitution.

The NSP Secretary General back then had accused NEA of engaging in an "exercise of intimidation". What those words mean, we leave it to readers to judge.

WP kept quiet throughout then although their political ground work had been affected as well. Their CEC member even accused me of "dragging WP into the m&d" when I was merely stating a plain fact that this selling of party papers is a NORMAL political activity of all opposition parties.

He should also "furnish facts and evidence" to back this up.

The fact is, now that this issue has been solved and a "new understanding" has been set, it benefits everybody in opposition, WP included.

His claim that the opposition benefitted from his incident is a big one. Before and after the incident, JBJ, WP and SDP had been selling their papers in the same format for years.

If they want to accuse any people of "playing politics", at the very least, they must furnish it with facts, evidence and reasoning instead of just throwing m&d at others.

Let us recall who released the emails between NEA and AHPETC as well as the cleaning schedule to the public. Was it PAP or WP. Let us recall who did not do that but when the info was out they put those info into a dossier and tampered with the words. Was it PAP or WP.

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do all of you like to pick Goh Meng Seng's cherries and grape seeds?

That guy made a few good points. WP has much to answer for.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do all of you like to pick Goh Meng Seng's cherries and grape seeds?

That guy made a few good points. WP has much to answer for.

Because he is a paid Opposition IB. They are paid to attack anything negative about the opposition like rabid dogs