• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS why United Nation honor HDB for providing the cleanest, greenest & most socially

Tan Kim Kim

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE Housing Board (HDB) has been given the 2010 UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour Award for providing 'one of Asia's and the world's greenest, cleanest and most socially conscious housing programmes'.

The UN-Habitat also acknowledged HDB's pivotal role in housing 80 per cent of Singapore's population and having played an integral part in nation building.

The award also recognises initiatives which have made outstanding contributions such as shelter provision, leadership in post conflict reconstruction, developing and improving human settlements and the quality of urban life.

It was launched by the United Nations Human Settlements Programme in 1989 and is currently the most prestigious human settlements award in the world.

Minister for National Development, Mah Bow Tan congratulated HDB for winning the award.

'Singapore is proud of what HDB has achieved over the past 50 years. All this would not have been possible if not for the tireless contributions from the men and women at HDB, both past and present,' he said.

' Their dedication and hard work have paid off, and I am sure this award will spur HDB towards greater heights in the future'.

HDB will receive the award during the Global Observance of World Habitat Day on Oct 4 in Shanghai, alongside five other winners.
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_581562.html

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: GMS why United Nation honor HDB for providing the cleanest, greenest & most socia

Cannot be. HDB didn't build the multi-billion dollar tunnels he wanted. Or the water pumps or flood barriers. How can it be? Must be wrong, must be wrong, because in this forum M S Goh and the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan are always right.

THE Housing Board (HDB) has been given the 2010 UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour Award for providing 'one of Asia's and the world's greenest, cleanest and most socially conscious housing programmes'.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: GMS why United Nation honor HDB for providing the cleanest, greenest & most socia

The cleanliness of HDB estates has nothing to do with HDB.

The residents have to pay SCCs to their TCs for it.

If pay and still dirty, then I worry.

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal

The cleanliness of HDB estates has nothing to do with HDB.

The residents have to pay SCCs to their TCs for it.

If pay and still dirty, then I worry.

The UN-Habitat also acknowledged HDB's pivotal role in housing 80 per cent of Singapore's population and having played an integral part in nation building.

Ask your friend to be more objective. Maybe then you can call him Major Goh.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yeah right. The other organisations that controls more than 80% of population residences are CCP and NKCP. But they forgot to collect SSC, so their estates are not so clean, can't win the prize.

Ask your friend to be more objective. Maybe then you can call him Major Goh.

He'll probably turn down the promotion offer when it's due, as it'd mean another 5 years or all the way to age 50 whichever is later. Mindef knows he's opposition damn well, they just want to keep him busy, send him to Australia or somewhere.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'll worry if my world's most expensive public housing flat did not win the UN award.

Congrats to HDB! :cool:

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah right. The other organisations that controls more than 80% of population residences are CCP and NKCP. But they forgot to collect SSC, so their estates are not so clean, can't win the prize.

He'll probably turn down the promotion offer when it's due, as it'd mean another 5 years or all the way to age 50 whichever is later. Mindef knows he's opposition damn well, they just want to keep him busy, send him to Australia or somewhere.

If I am not wrong, they can still do so with him as a Captain.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If I am not wrong, they can still do so with him as a Captain.

That I'm not too sure. I just heard his unit is standing down within next few cycles. Although a commissioned officer's liability is up to age 50, one usually MR with his unit unless further promoted and redesignated, just like although a Pte. or NCO's liability is up to age 40, one usually MR when cycles completed and unit stood down.

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal

That I'm not too sure. I just heard his unit is standing down within next few cycles. Although a commissioned officer's liability is up to age 50, one usually MR with his unit unless further promoted and redesignated, just like although a Pte. or NCO's liability is up to age 40, one usually MR when cycles completed and unit stood down.

Anybody who is an officer becomes a captain if they don't screw up. So it's no big deal.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anybody who is an officer becomes a captain if they don't screw up. So it's no big deal.

I didn't say it's a big deal. CSJ was ASP too (police equivalent of major).

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I didn't say it's a big deal. CSJ was ASP too (police equivalent of major).

From an ex-civil servant's perspective, I can tell you that you are wrong. ASP is equivalent only to a captain in SAF/SCDF. Don't be deceived by the coat-of-arms they wear.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Latest.

NSP Steve Chia, classmate of Cpt. Goh at NUS, has also been promoted to Cpt.

No big deal. Just for info.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why you ask him? Why don't you ask the UN? Is he in the UN award committee?