• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Glad that lady Gaga song taken out of our NDP celebrations.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
No offence to the organiser of this year NDP but i just feel not right when the tune of Lady Gaga song (lyrics changed however)was added to this year NDP parade. As a nation Independence Day, it is belittling to included a controversial pop sensation from the USA into our nation's celebration. Yes, we can enjoy her song in non-important occasion like concerts but in a national day celebration is just too much. As indicated by the response of netizens as well ordinary S'poreans, huge majority were against using US pop on our National Day. Too bad the damage is already done on Singaporean's sense of nationhood and love for the country. In this instance, i hope our Mindef can do their part urgently to educate organisers as well as spectators the reasons behind our national day and prevent a repeat of such embarassment in the future

I somewhat agreed that the Asians esp East Asians loves to worship all things western,music,culture,language,habits and even religion. I experienced it in China, Taiwan. HK,Japan and South Korea, though not on their National day. On the other hand, i was in Europe and the US and there was not a single indication of Asian music or culture being used in all their celebrations.

Last edited: