• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Giant bicycles

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was watching CNN & they there was a report on a Taiwanese company name GIANT which makes bicycles.
I checked online & found that local shops do carry this brand.

I am considering getting a bicycle in the future & don't want to spend too much as there are too many thieves out there:smile: However I do appreciate value & do people think that this brand is good value:confused:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lost touch with bike for a while but remember cheapest Giant bike cost ard $400...if tat ish still too high look else where...u neber say use for wat? Sports/recreation or simply for commuting...

Can drop by Tay Cycle n hav a look...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am considering getting a bicycle in the future & don't want to spend too much as there are too many thieves out there:smile:..................................

Hi Johnny, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Two wheels easy to flick. Nowadays, people seldom lock their expensive bike. Just gotta be quick.

Cheers!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SSkBRskWdzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like this? lol

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
4grhp0.jpg

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy good bike you have to keep it in the house cannot just lock it outside or anywhere around the neighbourhood.
Confirm vanish.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many ride bicycle just to cycle on weekend. Most of them dont cycle to work.
On the other side/group they cycle everyday to work but leave their bike on weekend(this group get my respect) save the earth. Rather than those cycle on weekend in a group just to show off more expensive bike.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lost touch with bike for a while but remember cheapest Giant bike cost ard $400...if tat ish still too high look else where...u neber say use for wat? Sports/recreation or simply for commuting...

Can drop by Tay Cycle n hav a look...

I think $400 is reasonable especially if it is branded. In the 70's I remember spending $200 for a sports model. I know you can get no names for cheaper but always prefer to spend a little more if I'm getting quality.

Currently I get my excercise from walking around but riding would be more fun.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i dont cycle to work because the coupon parking for my bicycle is extremely expensive. Every half hour is $5. Its cheaper for me to take a taxi to work

and cycle during weekends.

So many ride bicycle just to cycle on weekend. Most of them dont cycle to work.
On the other side/group they cycle everyday to work but leave their bike on weekend(this group get my respect) save the earth. Rather than those cycle on weekend in a group just to show off more expensive bike.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dont cycle to work because the coupon parking for my bicycle is extremely expensive. Every half hour is $5. Its cheaper for me to take a taxi to work

and cycle during weekends.

Where u live. Never heard in SG parking bicycle so expensive? U in tokyo?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have little experience in crime & would have a hard time running if caught:smile:

I never considered it a crime if no one was hurt. To ease our conscience, my friends and I hit only rich neibourhoods (during my time in Sec. school, we considered places in the East like Opera Estate, Lucky Heights, and Frankel estates). All the bikes we stole, we walked into the houses, mounted them, and slowy rode away, to Bedok, where I lived and dismantled the parts. One house I took a ten-speed from, the stupid Alsatian doggie was fast asleep and I tiptoed around that pooch and got the bike. I was braver then, or maybe just a juvenile - no fear. I wouldn't do it now.

Cheers!